Author Topic: 3 weeks ago last night  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Krista

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
3 weeks ago last night
« on: September 05, 2008, 09:50:13 PM »
Our 14 year old black lab wandered off and even after all the posters, hours and hours of walking around, driving around, hundreds of posters, calls into the city, pound, spca, paper, radio station, add in paper...  we haven't heard nothing. Twins are just devastated and can't figure out why she won't come home.   As am I.

We finally went camping for 3 nights this week for the first time and boy that was even harder not having her around as she just loved camping.

Anyway, I know a couple of you 'knew' Shyla and I thought you would like to know she's no longer with us although I'm hoping someone who will love her found her and is just keeping her as sad as that is.
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: 3 weeks ago last night
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 10:13:42 PM »
Oh, Krista, I'm so sorry!  It's really hard when you don't know where they are or what happened to them.  :'( Did she have tags on her with your phone number?  I hope someone found her and will bring her back.  :-\

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 04:59:53 AM »
Oh no Krista. So sorry to hear about that. It's like losing a family member.

We had that happen many years ago. Our miniature poodle escaped the chain link fenced back yard the night of the 4th of July. The vet says sometimes when they are frightened they can/will climb a fence. We never heard anything of him after that.

Smokey is chipped.

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 05:51:38 AM »
No Krista, no. I know you are doing everything, but never give up. I had Bear wander off once -most devastating 30 hours of my life until I got him back.

I still keep one of the posters I put up, and whenever I think I am having a bad day, I look at that "Lost Dog" poster and realize how much worse it could actually be.

At 14, Shyla just needs to be home. Are there shelter websites eg that I can help you monitor?

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Sonny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 05:52:19 AM »
Krista, please go to the pounds/shelters yourself.  Don't rely on phone calls.  Those places are usually very chaotic and the only way to know for sure that your dog is not there is to go look for yourself.

Did your dog have tags or a microchip?
Jim

Offline Krista

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 09:29:16 AM »
Thanks guys..

Shyla has a tattoo  in her ear and Vernon isn't that big that the vets wouldn't know it. And yes, We've actually driven to the spca, pound, City..

There was a fresh blood mark on the road just down the street from us just before the highway so Shane went to the city yard to find out if it was Shyla or not.. turns out it was a coyote. But they haven't seen anything and they hooked us up with the people who take care of the highway near us and they hadn't either and both have kept our number too. Its just like she's vanished.

Mike, I can just imagine what you went through having Bear gone. You've got the wilds of the city and nature right on your backdoor there which makes for a beautiful location but scary for your fur babies.
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 04:59:46 PM »
Oh no, I'm so sorry.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 05:36:55 PM »
I think someone has her and maybe she'll escape and find her way back to you.  (8:-)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline kaz

• Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 04:01:46 PM »
What a worrying time for you all Krista.  I hope there's a happy ending.

Offline Oceanbum

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 07:25:07 PM »
Krista, I'm so sorry to hear this. My MIL's dog was missing for quite a while but I don't recall how long. She walked the neighborhood looking for her, calling her name and whistling and couldn't find her anywhere. Then a man from her church was doing some work for a couple of women just around the corner from her and when he walked in he recognized the dog and called her by name. She immediately looked up at him and started wagging her tail and trying to get to him. They had her chained to a table leg. He politely told the women that he knew the owner of the dog, that she had been looking for her and that he would like to return her to her. They had found her wandering and liked her so much they thought they would keep her!! She had her id tags on her when the man brought her home. My MIL had walked right by that house when she was out calling her name!! I can only imagine how the dog must have been acting trying to get out to her!!!

Don't give up hope!! Shyla may still come home!!
Becky

Offline davidwise324

• Members
  • With us since: 15/11/2022
    YearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2024, 04:42:46 AM »
Getting a speeding ticket can be an inconvenient and frustrating experience, but for many individuals, the decision to fight the ticket is a critical one. In the state of New Jersey (NJ), where traffic regulations are strictly enforced, understanding the implications of contesting a speeding ticket is essential.
https://www.bitchute.com/profile/q9sVlnog6fVG/
https://www.speedrun.com/users/NJMCDirect_Com
https://hub.docker.com/u/njmcdirectcom

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"