Author Topic: WATERING CAN FOUNTAIN  (Read 2312 times)

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
WATERING CAN FOUNTAIN
« on: September 08, 2008, 03:55:47 PM »
i did the watering can fountain and i put a medium pump to it and it won't fill....do u think the pump has crapped out on me? or do i need a bigger one....has anyone else done this project?? lorraine
lorraine

Offline mapleleaf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: WATERING CAN FOUNTAIN
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 10:14:36 AM »
never heard of it, could you post a pic?
"If you listen close at night, you will hear the creatures of the dark, all of them sacred -- the owls, the crickets, the frogs, the night birds -- and you will hear beautiful songs, songs you have never heard before. Listen with your heart. Never stop listening."
Henery Quick Bear, LAKOTA

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
watering can fountain
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 07:35:46 PM »
What do you mean by crapped out? Quit? Take it apart and see if something is blocking the blade doodad that goes around in your pump. Clean off any surfaces in case there is too much crud in there. Maybe it is an old pump that got crudded up. I have soaked my small ones in  hot vinegar to dissolve the calcium build up. Also, if your pump is waaaay low in comparison to where your sprinkling can is, it might not have the power to lift the water that high. You can check it out by laying the exit hose at the same level as the pump and then raising it up. You'll notice the higher it goes, the less flow you have and at some point, it won't pump at all.

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: WATERING CAN FOUNTAIN
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 06:49:54 PM »
yes esther it doesn't have the strength...i will soak it though to see cause it is a medium fountain pump...thanks  lorraine
lorraine

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"