Author Topic: 5:00AM wake-up......  (Read 2979 times)

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
5:00AM wake-up......
« on: September 20, 2008, 09:15:58 AM »
Most people who know the city of Cypress would say, "Oh that's a nice town."  And it is a nice town.....except for the neighbor who lives behind me..... ::)  Cops have been out there numerous times for various criminal activities associated with people living there.  The lady who purchased the home about 8 years ago has two low-life daughters that have lived there with her and the daughters have even lower-life boyfriends, gang tattoos, parolees etc....  The mom and one of the daughters has apparently moved out and I suspect the current boyfriend of the remaining daughter has ties to the Mexican Mafia. 

Early this morning I hear a helicopter circling overhead with it's light on.  Cypress has no police helicopter.  I eventually get out of be at 5am and see two Buena Park B&Ws (adjacent city) blacked out and parked across the street as well as two pickup trucks, probably surveillance undercover vehicles.  The neighbor's house behind me is being lit up by the circling helicopter.  Fortunately an alley separates our two houses.  Soon I hear police using their PA system to order the people out of the house behind me.  They do this for about a minute or so.  Then I see several bright flashes of light and loud explosions as they toss flash-bang grenades into their back yard, followed by the sound of windows being broken.  At this point I realize it must have been a planned raid and a tactical team is making entry.  I went back to bed...  I hope they shot the bastard....  ::)

It's now 9am and the forensics van is leaving and the police are removing the yellow tape from around the house and alley.  This is one house I and my neighbors would love to see go into foreclosure. 
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: 5:00AM wake-up......
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 09:28:12 AM »
Mikey, did you feel just a tiny urge to get in on the procedure??? O0  When you said forensics left, are they the department that deals with deaths? So if so then maybe somebody was killed.

That still must have been a little scary even though you are experienced with that stuff. When it's litterally in your own back yard, it's different than when it's, shall we say inner city.

We have no excitement like that where I live. Once many years ago there were some teens breaking in and stealing in the neighborhood, not our house though. Eventually somebody was walking in the woods up the river from here and found a "dugout" where the kids had dug a room underground and covered it with boards and tree limbs. That was where they were stashing the stuff. We got a notice from the police that on a certain date we could come if we were missing stuff and pick up whatever.

This is a close neighborhood. Everybody looks out for everybody else, even if they don't really know them. We have a boat ramp to the river owned by the residents so there are meetings and emails all the time to keep people connected on what is going on.

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 10:24:40 AM »
nice they got those crappy persons, how can somebody be involved in that crap, or even worse dream to be involved in that.
believe me, i do not have that kind of aspiration for my life.
how people can seriously ruin their life by just dreaming about it, they havent even start with their lives and they have already ruined it.
good mikey, youre gonna be lots safer in your place, without them around.
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 10:35:30 AM »
...did you feel just a tiny urge to get in on the procedure???
That urge left me some 20 years ago   ;D   

youre gonna be lots safer in your place, without them around.
I can only hope people went to jail...  I went back to bed after the initial excitement and when I woke up later I didn't inquire as to what happened.  Cops tend to be pretty closed mouth and vague if they don't actually know who they are talking to.

Offline Bartman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 11:36:49 AM »
Hmm.  And here, where not much happens we just had a high speed chase all over the countryside and through the city.  Two spike belts and the guy tried to run over an officer on the road.  They shot him which slowed things down.  Now he is out of the hospital and in jail.  People had a fit that they shot him, but didn't seem to think who he was going to kill flying down the highway at 160kph going the wrong way. 

Bart

Offline lorraine1960

• Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 06:38:09 PM »
sounds like a movie..u wonder why the judicial system doesn't keep these guys..oh wait they have to kill someone first !!!! lorraine    :( :( :( >:(- >:(- >:(-
lorraine

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 08:10:59 PM »
So what's the scoop...didja find out what really happened yet? :o
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 09:16:48 PM »
If I see one of the Cypress PD guys that I know I'll ask them if they know what happened. 

Since a tactical team initiated the "activity" with a special night service warrant I have to assume the person they wanted had a known history of violence.  It's a very long and complicated history of events that have occurred at that residence since those people moved in.  Mom has since moved out as has one of the daughters due to a stabbing at the house and death threats from the suspect.  The person that was stabbed several months ago is the man that presently lives at the house with one of the daughters.  I was told he refused to cooperate with Cypress Police relative to who stabbed him.  Typical gang member mentality of "I'll handle it myself."  I wouldn't be surprised if perhaps he did handle himself and that may be why Buena Park PD was here last night.  That's the nice thing about bad guys is that they tend to knock each other off.  When I worked patrol I remember telling a Crip thug that because of his lifestyle he wouldn't live to see 25.  He flagged me down one night and was bragging that he was now 25.  I was wrong.  I should have said he wouldn't live to see 26.......he was murdered a few months later by a Hoover Street Crip in LA.

The only nice thing about my neighbor behind me is that since they moved in we get lots of black & whites driving by at all hours.  There was absolutely no activity at the house today.  Perhaps everyone is in jail.  I feel sorry for the kids though.

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 09:22:42 PM »
We used to call them Misdemeanor Homicides, it's a two-fer.  One dead and you can put the other one away.  Remember the old Chief Daryl Gates (LAPD) and his famous solution to the Crips and Bloods?  Put them all in the stockade at Hunter Liggett, wait a week and shoot the survivors.  Something like that.  He was not a pc kind of guy.   

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 10:48:27 PM »
LOL @ Jonna.  As Chic Hearn would say, "No harm, no foul"

Okay Joyce, here's the skinny.........  http://www.ocregister.com/articles/police-bowles-buena-2164460-park-officer
And a slide show: http://www.ocregister.com/slideshow/park-buena-sheriff-2161736-called-police

Our neighbor was apparently hiding a suspect wanted for attempting to kill a Buena Park officer....and apparently shots were fired....

Here's a partial excerpt:

Police capture man wanted in attack on Buena Park police officer
Shots fired during arrest; man with violent criminal past wanted in connection with shooting, chase on I-5.
By KIMBERLY EDDS
The Orange County Register
BUENA PARK – "Shots rang out during an early morning SWAT team rollout at a Cypress house to capture a dangerous man wanted in connection with an attempt to kill a Buena Park police officer who tried to pull him over.

No one was injured during the shooting and the wanted man and five other people in the home were arrested on other charges, authorities said.

The arrest of Jeremy Robert Bowles, 31, a man with a violent criminal record, caps a round-the-clock push by Buena Park investigators to track down the man they believe tried to kill one of their own.
"..........

..."On Friday, investigators pleaded their case to the public, urging anyone with information about Bowles to come forward. Hours later their investigation centered on a house in Cypress.

About 5:45 a.m. Saturday, SWAT team members served a search warrant on a house in the 5700 block of Orange Avenue in Cypress, according to Buena Park police. Shots were fired by police, but it was unclear whether anyone inside the home fired.

Bowles and five other people were arrested.
"

I guess that explains why it was so quiet there today.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 10:58:03 PM by Mikey »

Offline Joyce

• Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 06:49:17 AM »
Way cool!  8)

Glad you kept your head down, out of it.
Those guys looked like violent whackos.
 :o
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 11:46:56 AM »
Love those skull tattoos! <<not>>   Good work, I hope this also makes your neighborhood problem better.  Do you have those 'persistent nuisance' laws that allows the city to file on the homeowner or landlord if the house uses too many city resources - ie, too many police calls?

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 08:35:46 PM »
It soulds like you had some dangerous people living behind you.  I hope they put them ALL in jail, so someone decent can buy that house.   ;)

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 08:58:03 AM »
I noticed all the windows and front door were open yesterday and they had someone out replacing broken windows.  I guess the police gassed the house, shooting the gas pellets through several windows......and/or the flash bangs blew out some windows.  I saw mom's Lexus there yesterday but I have not seen her daughter and her husband/boyfriend and since their cars have not moved I'm assuming they are still in jail.......and that's a good thing.....

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 10:57:16 AM »
Betcha you're sleeping better now!  O0

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 12:21:34 PM »
I was having breakfast at my local restaurant this morning and the waitress says something like, "Mike, you should have seen all the police activity when I came to work on Saturday.  It was really weird because it was just after 5 when I got in and cops were everywhere; the streets are barricaded; helicopters flying overhead....." ::)

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 04:04:35 PM »
Never a dull moment!
The picture of the suspect - well one glance should tell anyone he needs to be arrested immediately, and is a good argument for mercy killing.

Though nothing on this scale, the savage we had living down the block has moved on. Dope dealing, and car theft were his passtimes. One evening there were helicopters overhead, and trucks hauling away all sorts of motor vehicles, but he was still there!

Anyway, he moved on a couple years back, and the entire neighbourhood has changed. No thump thump car stereos, car repairs on bricks, beer cans in street, urinating guests in street - I could go on and on and I wish I were making it up. He was Section 8, so living in a subdivided home on our tax dollars - just to add insult to injury. Anyway, property values kept rising, nicer people kept moving in, we all kept calling the cops, and one day, he was just gone. It is heaven!

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 05:05:46 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder if your former neighbor is the knuckle head who moved in behind me......   :thinking:

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 09:26:22 AM »
Mikey, hope they stay jailed and the house sells.

MikeW Someone is thump thumping in my neighborhood but from their house not their car. I was out at 1:00 Saturday night trying to find which house to call the cops. I can hear the thump thump thump of their subwoofer when I lay my head on my pillow but not standing up in the yard. It is driving me crazy. I don't think it is the guitar playing neighbor, the beat it too regular and I could not hear anything standing in his driveway. Weekend before last it woke me up at 2:00 and they didn't stop until 4:00. 
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline MikeW

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 09:58:14 AM »
It is a bizarre thing LeeAnne. It will be literally rattling the windows in my house, but the second you go down to the street, you can't hear it anymore.

I am in the hills, and sound does have a way of seeming to come from areas when indeed it is coming from someplace else - but, as mentioned, I am currently blessed with a quiet and peaceful neighbourhood where we regularly all meet in the street, walking dogs, trading tips on good handymen, gardeners etc, and pretty much everyone is involved in improving their homes too. Second pond went in this summer!

Cheers,

Mike

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 11:58:51 AM »
Second pond went in this summer!
??????????  2nd for you or are you saying 2nd for your neighborhood?

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 12:22:24 PM »
Jeez, checked out the pics of the hoo ha,, nasty fellas.  Kind of agree with Mike W on the situation.  Hope they are gone for good and you have a neighborhood such as Mike W is experiencing at the moment!  Sounds like paradise,,,,or you could move to my neck of the woods, but then you'd have rain AND snow!!  ;)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline MikeW

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 02:30:07 PM »
2nd for the neighbourhood - next door but one. Professional installation, two circular ponds, one flowing into a lower one. Formal, and very attractive.

Hoping they will share my raccoon load!

Cheers,

Mike

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 06:10:24 PM »
Hoping they will share my raccoon load!
lol lol  Very witty.  Just what is the racoon load for your pond? ;D

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 06:46:29 PM »
Mikey,
 My first thought is with your LEA background, is you would have weapon in hand, ready for anything, (I sure as hell would) my second thought is your awesome yard/garden would be in a neighborhood with similar yards, so I guess that I'm surprised that scum lilke that live there, but then again, living in Wisconsin in a small town, I forget about what it's like in big cities.
I hope things work out and you get some good neighbors.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 07:00:54 PM »
I say give 'em a fair trial, then hang 'em! {-)
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"