Author Topic: CT results for Braeden  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
CT results for Braeden
« on: October 02, 2008, 06:15:01 PM »
A quote from Dawn:

Hello friends and family, just wanted to quickly update to let you all know the latest. Dr. Axtell called this morning with the results from Bub's CT scans. There are two tumors that they can see now, right next to each other, and one of them is growing rather than shrinking. This is not the news we wanted to hear. At this point, Dr. Axtell and the surgery team feel that the best thing to do is surgery to remove the tumors and get some pathology that will hopefully give us some answers as to what's going on and what's next. We will find out more tomorrow when we go to clinic and will let you know when we know more, but we wanted to let everyone know so you can start praying for our team and for all the details that have to be worked out. We are not sure how much we are going to tell the kids right away, so we will update here rather than on the phone. Thanks in advance for praying for us!

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: CT results for Braeden
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 06:17:32 PM »
At least ONE is shrinking.
Where are they - what parts of the brain is affected?

Offline Esther

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 07:14:03 PM »
Well actually, the whole story is that less than three months ago there was one tumor and that has grown and a new one has developed right next to it. He is part way through the 3rd session of chemo and they were hoping it would have shrunk the first one at least. The tumors are on the adrenal gland and that is just under the rib cage on the left side.

It was there that this whole story started on my grandson Braeden's second birthday in May of 2007, when the very first Neuroblastoma tumor was discovered. Surgery was performed, 5 sessions of chemo, radiation, an extra strong chemo, stem cell transplant, and 32 days of hospital isolation + 70 days of isolation at home. Then began 12 months of drug therapy, of which he had completed 6 when the new tumor was discovered about 6-8 weeks ago.

I saw that my son called several times today but we were gone all day and didn't get home until 8:30. I didn't check the messages until after 9 so called him. The phone rang and rang. They usually have an answering machine pick up but it didn't. I don't know if they just weren't answering the phone or were gone. It doesn't make sense they were gone as they have a 13 and 7 year old that needs to get to bed because of school tomorrow. I can't help but wonder if something went wrong or the doctors decided to do the surgery right away. HEre it is 10 and I'm chewing my fingernails.

Offline Krista

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 07:30:04 PM »
The words that are comign out of my mouth right now are not fit for the general public :( I am so sorry to hear this news :( As always, in my thoughts!
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 07:42:59 PM »
I'm sorry to hear this, Esther.....
Sending prayers their way .

bonnie

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 08:03:35 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(

Sending prayers. 

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 09:27:18 PM »
So very sorry Esther, my thoughts are with you. 

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 05:27:24 AM »
I hear ya guys. I have the same thoughts and questions. But immediately I "go to God." I just talked to Kevin and they have changed computer something or other and haven't programed in the thingy that lets them know a call is coming in when they are on the computer. So that is why I couldn't get through to them last night. I should have just called him on his cell phone but wondered if they had gone to bed and didn't want to wake them up.

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 11:10:14 AM »
My prayers are with you and your family ...poor baby is so young to be going through all of this..no wonder he bursts out at times...he deserves too...we as adults probably couldn't go thru half of what children do,they are so much stronger then we think...and thank goodness they pop back quicker then us....but keep your chin up, i know its easy for me to say,but just remember you have lots and lots of friends who r here to talk to.................lorraine
lorraine

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 11:19:12 AM »
Sending all my prayers and P&PT to you and your family.  Braeden is such a trooper.  Bless his heart that he has to go through all these.

Kuan

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 12:00:14 PM »
Prayers are sent o(:-)
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 12:51:47 PM »
You have my prayers too.  O0
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 06:56:40 PM »
We just got home around 8:30 and haven't heard about today's appointment. They thought that surgery would have been scheduled by the time they went today. So I still don't know anything more.

Thanks everyone for your continued prayers and good thoughts. It certainly does help to know that so many folks are concerned.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"