Author Topic: Winter Blues  (Read 1959 times)

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Winter Blues
« on: October 31, 2008, 08:12:56 PM »
I have been trying to get the ponds ready for winter by myself since my DH hurt his back and is in so much pain. Today I brought in the
Midnight Blue Black Wakin babies I had growing out in a floating net in the wakin pond.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Blues
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 07:53:27 AM »
Cute babies. 

I have too too many common black/goldie babies and don't know what to do with them.  There are a few sarasa babies that are too cute though and some speckled one that are "ugly".  DS tells me I need to throw a perch in the nursery tank to take care of the problem.

DH helped me put the net on the big tank yesterday.  The leaves haven't fallen yet and he swares he saw a heron recently.

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 02:58:50 PM »
they are very pretty...i am going to get some in the spring.... lorraine  (from u)
lorraine

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 04:30:49 PM »
nice looking babies, do they reproduce as well as regular comets?
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline tracey_shafer

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 07:19:04 PM »
nice looking babies, do they reproduce as well as regular comets?

Yes they do, but the tails are not always double or perfect.

Offline pegs pond

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 08:32:52 PM »
Oh cute babies Tracey!  What is the yellow and white one?  is that considered "blue"?  My guys, I got from you,  are doing fine, not sure if they are growing cuz they still look the same size but then they could all be growing at the same rate and I'm comparing them to each other!  Do you offer babysitting service for the winter?   ;)  Like buy a baby now and have it shipped in the spring?
Peg

Offline tracey_shafer

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 08:39:19 AM »
Oh cute babies Tracey!  What is the yellow and white one?  is that considered "blue"?  My guys, I got from you,  are doing fine, not sure if they are growing cuz they still look the same size but then they could all be growing at the same rate and I'm comparing them to each other!  Do you offer babysitting service for the winter?   ;)  Like buy a baby now and have it shipped in the spring?
Peg
I would be happy to hold a fish for you Peg! And I am sure they are growing, it is just that in such a big pond you don't notice it.

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 11:36:09 AM »
Tracey,
The fishies are beautiful!!  The ones I got from you are doing fantastic in the big pond.  I can see them swimming around and nibbling on the plants.  I'm sure if I show these pix to DH, he will want to get up to KC to get some from you.   ;) ;D

Kuan

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 06:37:47 PM »
Pretty babies .  O0
Lot's of blues   :o

bonnie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"