Author Topic: Braeden last summer  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Braeden last summer
« on: November 09, 2008, 01:23:10 PM »
Don't ask me what he was trying to do. Goofy boy.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w165/B-hive5/?action=view&current=FrogBlow.flv

He/they will be going to U of M Tuesday for three days of tests, scans, and consultations. This MIBG scan can only be done there and not at our local hospital as they cannot do the MIBG treatment here either. Evidently this treatment is rather experimental for someone as young as Braeden. They will be staying with Dawn's dad who lives 30 minutes east of Lansing, while we are 60 minutes west. Grandma Suzie will take care of baby Owen during the day and I will be staying at Dawn and Kevin's house with the two other kids. If Pete doesn't have work, we'll try to accomplish something on their basement while they are gone. Then we don't have to worry about noises and sleeping babies.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 01:29:37 PM by Esther »

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Braeden last summer
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 03:46:50 PM »
cute it looks like he was trying to make the frog croak....   lol   lorraine
lorraine

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 03:58:50 PM »
To cute!!!!!!!!!!! I think Lorraine may be right, does almost sound like a frog sound.  I wish the best with the outcome of his tests and will be continuing my prayers for him and his family.  How nice that you live so close and are able to help them out as much as you do, that must be a big relief for them knowing they do not have to worry about the older ones as much.  How are the older ones holding up? It can be rough on them also, with the worry and lack of attetion or I should say more attention to Braeden.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 04:27:07 PM »
How cute.

I'll be thinking of Braeden and his family this coming week.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 04:33:33 PM »
I know Marla. We have wondered about that too. It may turn out that the two older ones don't seem to be having a problem with it but way down the road it turns out that they were really struggling but didn't tell anybody. I sure have heard that before. There is an organization that is for the siblings of kids with cancer. I think it is called Kids Sibs or something like that. They offer counseling and there is a website for them. They also mail things to the kids every so often like age appropriate books with puzzles, reading material, and sometimes little trinkets, knowing the siblings can easily either be or feel overlooked.

Kevin is a lot like his dad and is quick to talk things over with people and listen to their feelings. I remember once when Kevin was maybe 7, he had done something that his dad felt deserved a spanking. His dad was going on and on explaining what he had done wrong and why Daddy was going to spank him. Kevin evidently got tired of all the jabber and said, "Dad, can't you just spank me?" Needless to say, we both about cracked up and I don't remember if his dad spanked him or not. But I see that Kevin does that with his kids. He really tries to make sure the kids understand what is going on and let them know he is open to talking whenever they need it.

I think that Kevin and Dawn have really made a valiant effort to include the older kids in everything as hard as that may seem. They have taken them to the hospital as often as then can and made sure that friends and family have been available to fill in the cracks when need be. Their church family has  been so conscious of their needs and often stepped in to offer to include the kids in their family things and give them special treats. Ian even said that a year ago summer, even though it was the worst summer of his life because of Braeden's illness, on the other hand it was the best summer because he got to do so many things that he wouldn't have otherwise.

I can't imagine how it would feel for us if they lived in another state. Luckily I am retired too and healthy enough to be able to help out when they need it. They and their kids are so easy to be around and so cooperative. We are fortunate too that Pete, my DH, is cheerfully willing for me to help them. He is Kevin's step dad of 24 years and has always been accepted by Kevin and always filled the Grandpa roll well, to the point that K & D gave Braeden, Peter as his middle name. Cool huh??

By the way, I just reread my first post and it sounds a little strange about what might be going on in the basement at their house. WE WILL BE DRYWALLING AND PAINTING. OK??? Just so you didn't get any bright ideas.  {nono}
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 04:34:51 PM by Esther »

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 07:42:40 PM »
OOH , how cute . Look's like the frog has it's mouth open . Maybe Braeden was drinking water from it's mouth ? Boy's , you never know what they'll get into.... ;D...I raised 2 & that's why I'm a little crazy in my old age.... :D..... ;D

bonnie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"