Author Topic: Lowes Pond Kit with 160 gph SALE... Got them for my lotus...  (Read 1555 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Lowes Pond Kit with 160 gph SALE... Got them for my lotus...
« on: November 11, 2008, 06:08:55 PM »
For anyone interested lowes has these pond kits on sale for 19.00.  Mine had them outside lawn and garden way up on a top shelf.   They had been 60.00  I think they would make great ponds for lotus, much bigger than the barrel liners.

tinkster 

Offline small fish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Lowes Pond Kit with 160 gph SALE... Got them for my lotus...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 06:38:55 AM »
Hey, that is great... I want one but I am not sure where I would put it... I am starting to run out of room..

Myra
Myra Shreveport, LaZone 8A

Offline Lori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 06:56:11 AM »
Tinkster,
That is a great buy!  It may be a great container.  I'm familiar with those little preforms and they could be a super idea.  I buried a big trash can about 8 years ago and made a lotus bog.  It worked very well but a lotus growth tip did actually split the container at one of the indentions on the side (it had a series of "panels" stamped into the sides) after several years!  I was surprised a lotus tuber would break a round container and it may have been a weak spot or something.  Those shelves will make more of a corner for a tuber to get around, but it may not be a problem.
Looks like a good thing to try! Love those lotus!
Lori

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 08:01:03 AM »
Tink how many gals is the pond part? So many times the same things are not on sale here but it might be worth looking into.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 08:18:42 AM »
it is a 35 gallon.  Goodluck!

Lori I thought about the edges to but the edges are kind of smooth vs a square as it kind of looks on the picture .. I also thought I might raise the dirt level 5" or so up on top of the shelves and still have room for 6' of water of so and that would help them.. I will see how they do.  I thought if needed I could use calking to make the corners of that a bit more smooth but not sure I need to.

When I moved two of my barrel liner tub lotus's  into lotus ponds, I seen how much better they do but I want my big ponds for lillies, so hoping these will work for the lotus I am keeping :)

tinkster

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 01:46:09 PM »
Oh cool! I have one of those and they are a nice size for a small watergarden.  O0
I doubt that our Lowes has any of them. I don't remember even seeing any of those there this year. Our Lowes rarely has stuff on clearance as most of the time everything just gets bought up by the end of the season.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 06:52:19 PM »
What a Great find , tink  @O@
I'll have to check out our Lowe's to see what they have.

bonnie

Offline marla

• Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 07:00:09 AM »
Thanks for the info, it does look like it would make a nice little watergarden.  To bad I don't have a Lowes close......maybe 45mins away.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »
 @O@ Thanks Tink!  I checked out our Lowes and saw quite a few things for sale in the ponding section.  I bought the same pond kit as yours for $19.99.  I'm going to use this pond for a few turtles  O0

They also had larger odd shaped ponds for a third of the price.  Great deals but I have run out of room in my garden for such large shapes.  They also had the pressure filters on sale with and without the UV light.  Just a heads up for anyone who needs extra pond stuff

Offline small fish

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 06:27:02 PM »
Yea !!!! Tinkster !!!  I went to Lowe's and they had several on sale.  I bought one and much to my suprise, I have found a place for it.  Suprise, Suprise

Myra
Myra Shreveport, LaZone 8A

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"