Author Topic: My love goes out to Mojo  (Read 1952 times)

Offline reddad35

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
My love goes out to Mojo
« on: November 22, 2008, 12:01:11 PM »
   My wife and I are proud parents of 3 Chihuahuas. Mommy, Daddy and 1 of the 6 babies. Yes I said six. We actually had Brittle fixed after seeing her belly touching the floor carrying all those babies. We gave away all the puppies to good homes. We actually kept the runt just because I loved him. I, in hindsight wish we found a home for him. I love him but 3 Chihuahuas are a hard thing to handle.
 My daughter just got into her first house. She had lived in an apartment before.  The drawback of moving into the house was she could not have any pets. My wife and I are planning on building a house soon. We are also planning on selling my daughter our house at tax assessed or less since it is paid off. Help us both out. We became babysitters of 2 new pets. I said I had no desire but I do not get my way. We aquired a Chihuahuapoo mix puppy and a kitty. The kitten was found with its eyes closed and the mommy run over by a car. My daughter and the puppy Mojo nursed it to a full on running about and playing kitten. Mojo would lick its bung to make it go poop. The kittens name is Mclovin. Mclovin and Mojo were inseperable. They played like dogs then played like cats. I fell in love with both. Heck, Mclovin the cat would actually give you a kiss if you smooched in his face. Mojo's whole purpose in life was to have fun. He would wrestle around with everything that moved. My 3 Chihuahuas would growl at the little guy but he would simply mount them and make them play.

I was outside smoking a cigarette and heard the little ones playing next to the front door. I heard a yelp  and went inside to break up the normal play fighting. There was Mojo looking at me as if I had been gone forever. I knew it was his little yelp but he was fine and wagging his tail. I finished my cigarette and went inside to watch the game again. I am not sure of the time, 5-10 minutes and Mojo stood up on my legs. I looked down to pet him and jumped to my feet. Mojo was red. He was a white dog that was solid red. I grabbed him and ran to the bathtub. I washed him off and noticed a puncture wound on his head. My wife called the vet and we rushed him to meet her. 2 hours after noticing Mojo had a problem he had passed away. He never made a fuss and went quietly.
 The little kitten had gotten into a soft spot on mojos head. The wound was actually in the little fellas brain. He bled inside. I cried.
This experience has made me worry more about my pets. I have always taken them for granted as just being there. I have always loved them but couldn't stand the barking and other things that come with having pets. Mojos little face has stuck in my mind. His way of running around is stuck there too as well as most anything he did as a puppy. I wish I went right up to him as soon as I heard a yelp. I don't know if it would have saved him or not. I do know that it will be hard when the time comes for my other pets/friends.

I just thought it might be some good therapy to type this out and share it. I do know that my other little ones have been getting a few more loving moments from me since this happened. My love goes out to little Mojo.

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: My love goes out to Mojo
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 01:23:51 PM »
I am so, so, so sorry!  I'm not a vet, but I'd bet almost anything that there was nothing you could have done - either 20 minutes earlier or 20 days earlier!  Again I'm so sorry for your lose... go give those Chi's a extra hug!
(I have 5 Chihuahuas - all girls... and yes, sometimes it's hard - but I love those little buggers!)
Tammie

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 02:46:37 PM »
It is very hard to deal with a pets death. You had no idea this would happen. A few weeks ago I had to put my 14 year Schnauzer to sleep. It is hard after 14 years of him being in his little bed when I get up each morning, and he is not there. I Have had to put  to sleep my 16 year old poodle too this year. May God be with you this difficult time.

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 03:32:58 PM »
 :'(   :'(  I could actually feel your grief as I read the loving tribute to little Mojo.  I believe also that it wouldn't have made any difference how early you reacted to his wound.  He was only here a short time, but it was filled to the brim with love for everything around him.  HE made a difference in your life, in Mclovin's life and to many more pets and people I'm sure.  Be glad that you had the priviledge of knowing him, that's all any of us can ask for.  You are blessed.  Sleep sweetly Mojo.   :hug:
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Sonny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 04:16:02 PM »
I'm sorry.  For you and your entire family.   :'(  Try not to second guess yourself though.  It sounds like a freak accident and you did everything you could for Mojo.  And, by all means, allow yourself to grieve for your little buddy.  Under any circumstances it is hard to deal with the loss of a member of your family.  But eventually the fond memories of Buddy will replace the pain you are feeling now.

I forget sometimes too how fragile and fleeting life is.  Time to snuggle with my pets for a while.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 04:18:26 PM by Sonny »
Jim

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 04:34:07 PM »
Awww. So sorry for your loss. It sounds like he didn't suffer though and that is good.

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 04:55:49 PM »
Redad,

So sorry you lost your pet this way. Pets are hard to loose, it's the unconditional love thing.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 05:20:52 PM »
I'm sorry for you're loss .

bonnie

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 06:37:32 PM »
You had a beautiful space of time with your loving pet.  Sorry they will only be memories now.  Time will heal.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 07:20:48 AM »
Heartbreaking!  Just heartbreaking. :'(
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 09:55:44 AM »
What a lovely tribute, Mojo lived a fulfilling life to have inspired such a wonderful and loving tribute.  Brief, but then we are all here briefly it matters more how we live than how long.  Your tribute brought tears to my eyes. 

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 10:22:54 AM »
I have to tell you another sad story about a freak accident with a pet.
Its longish.

My Uncle died unexpectedly, and among other things that we, his only family, had to do, was find and round up his herd of mostly wild horses. My sister considers herself a horse person, and had friends who actually were, so off we went.
First to Corpus Christi to pick up a trailer. I left my daughter and my neice with my friend, Charlene. Charlene's son is, or was at the time, a horse trainer - and he was coming along.
Charlene's son had this mare that he had been training. He had been grousing for months about how fat and lazy she was...
So off we went to our round up adventure - which is a longer tale for a different time, on Saturday morning.
Sunday evening, when we reappeared in civilization, the horse had a SURPRISE foal. My daughter and niece were there for the event. It was big fun -- and the little thing was hopeless. Undersized, frail, born in the cold.
We got back to Corpus Christi on Tuesday, and wandered over to the barn to look at the foal, and I was in love. Its white and brown face was so alert and trusting... what a goodie.
I called her "Boo" and the name stuck.

I paid $300 for Boo. Which is what you pay for a good foal, not a runt. But I wanted the foal to have value in the eyes of its keepers.
After piddling a day or so, we left her with her mother at Charlene's.

So, in the cold part of winter, Boo slipped and fell in the mud. Charlene took Boo to Texas A&M - a long and expensive drive, where they xrayed and pontificated. Because of her pre-natal starvation, Boo had brittle bones, and had cracked her pelvis in a place that couldn't be repaired. She was put to sleep.
:(

I didn't have her for long - but would I pay $300 for Boo again? You BETCHA!
We are better people for loving good...

Offline Pa Nancy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 11:01:34 AM »
So so sorry. We surely do love our pets, and it's sad to see them go. hugs

Offline reddad35

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 11:17:20 AM »
 Thank you all for your kind wishes. I wrote this to remind myself and others of the short time we are able to be among loved ones. I have alot more thoughts that never made it to the post. I am sure everyone that reads this can relate in one way or another. Love is a grand thing. Love is scary in more ways than one but rewarding to all that can experience it. The loss of a pet resinates. It makes you think deeper than most days. It makes you wonder and pray for others. Mojo brought joy to our lives. Joy that was not noticed as much as when he was gone. I will take this experience of loss and simply make the ones around me feel more love daily. Be it my pets, wife, children, parents or friends.
 It might sound crazy but Mojo will be thanked this week. The outside family might not understand directly. They will however be shown my love and feel it. They might not understand where it came from but Mojo will. Thanks again little fella.

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 08:04:46 AM »
I'm sorry for your loss.  So sad to lose a loved companion.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 09:08:09 AM »
Oh my word!! What an awful thing to happen. I'm so very sorry :'(
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 04:12:50 PM »
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"