Author Topic: Reply to more mikes pics,above pond frozen over.... new thread.  (Read 880 times)

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Reply to more mikes pics,above pond frozen over.... new thread.
« on: November 26, 2008, 03:22:54 PM »
To those who wanted to know what state I'm in, how deep is lake turtlemike, and what fish are in there go to thread, "pictures from turtle mike Nov 23 ,2008  7:15:50 pm. above " Seans unnamed  blue hybrid".     I have no exact idea how many turtles there are in my ponds.   They roam freely and are some times spotted over at a neighbors pond about a half mile away and then they return later. There's at least 4 or 5 big females and a big male. And a few 4 or 5 in. ones from a previous hatching along with about 20 or so newly released 3 to 4 inchers.  and this year I found 4 nests totaling 57 eggs 54 of which hatched and are hibernating in there own pool in the green house along with 4 or 5 others from the previous hatching that just weren't big enough to release.   They are wild turtles I just give them a helping hand and I'm creating a lot of habitat for them so they will have lots of nice safe new ponds to grow up in.     turtles do eat lilies but I have so many it doesn't mater. there favorite lily to eat is laydekery fulgens  until I got enough of it they would barely let it grow.     Yes very rewarding to the spirit.      mike
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 04:16:19 PM by turtlemike »

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Reply to more mikes pics,above pond frozen over.... new thread.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 04:58:57 PM »
Wow that is a lot of turtles, but then you do have a very nice natural habitat that you have created for all wild life.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 06:39:13 PM »
They are adorable. I had a little painted turtle one time and he became so tame he would swim into our hands when we fed him. But either the neighbor kids picked him out and didn't put him back or he just decided to leave. It's just as well though because he wouldn't have been able to winter over in my pond as it is a rubber liner.

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 06:49:38 PM »
I can hear my lilies shaking in their pots.  I'm glad you enjoy them, mike.  I just gave away a couple of babies.  I still have an adult that needs to go.  We'll see.
Alfonso

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"