Author Topic: snow in the south  (Read 870 times)

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
snow in the south
« on: December 11, 2008, 02:40:07 PM »
o.k. i woke up to a different place,i opened the door to let the dog out and it was snowing and actually sticking to the ground,,,,it was unbelievable,i know to people who see this every winter its nothing big but us southerns really freaked out,adults were instantly in great moods and the kids had never seen it before,my son who is 19 had never seen it snow here,i will post pics tomorrow,i tell you its not suppose to do this in louisiana....there are snowmen everywhere.....WHAT A GREAT CHRISTMAS PRESENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    it was so cool seeing everyone happy ...  @O@  lorraine
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 02:41:10 PM by lorraine1960 »
lorraine

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: snow in the south
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 03:01:51 PM »
So how much did you get?  It is so hard for me to think of people that have never experienced snow, it is fun as an occassional experience but shoveling weekly or more can get old fast, so some of us Northerners are not always put in a good mood when we see it ;)
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 03:06:24 PM »
not sure in my rural area it was about a foot...i understand what u say i was born in washington d.c. and i know but i moved here at 10  y/o so it was all fun when i was there.i took my son to new york at age 7 and he ice skated at rockerfeller center but he doesn't remember.it was fun here till electricity went out for hours,i tell u we are not equipped for this..... lol  lorraine
lorraine

Offline ponderer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 04/01/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 04:57:54 PM »
 :D OH boy! Here it is rain. May turn to ice. Rather have snow.
FUN for you tho. It will melt soon. Our stays forever! :D

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 05:30:13 PM »
The cold front moved through here bringing us rain but it stopped before it started turning cold. DARN! :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 08:43:23 PM »
Al Gore must have visited your place recently. ;D
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"