Author Topic: My TWIN boys turn 16  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
My TWIN boys turn 16
« on: December 31, 2008, 08:59:18 AM »
OMG, help. Yes New Years Eve Babies.   I can't believe they are 16.  Wow, where did the years go.  Sixteen years ago today, they had a 10% chance of survival (because of being born 3 months early) and today they are 16.  Wish I could call up some of the docs and say Hey Look At Us Now!

Kim
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 09:00:40 AM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: My TWIN boys turn 16
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 09:00:40 AM »
Happy Birthday Boys O0, and good luck mom ::) @O@

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 09:35:40 AM »
OMG, they're going to be driving soon! 

Oh, and shall I tell you of all the woes my sister is having, now that she has THREE teenagers, including a boy who just turned 16 and got his driver's license?  :)

Say, where are the pictures of these growing boys??

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 10:39:50 AM »
Kim, I hope they have a happy (and safe) birthday. Where does the time go?
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 01:53:23 PM »
Time fly's when you're kids are young.....WOW , twin boy's & 16 today .
Are you the one who had to ride with them when they had their driving permit ? or did you're
DH help ? or have they even started driving yet ?...fun fun fun..... ;D

Tell them I said ...HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

bonnie

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 02:10:58 PM »
Happy birthday to them!  What fun you'll have teaching them to drive.  My oldest are 20 months apart, and by the time I had taught one to drive, I was in training with the other.  Fun stuff.   :o

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 02:34:15 PM »
Congratulations to you Kim and your DH on letting the twins get to age 16. Best wishes to the boys too. I hope they realize how fortunate they are to have a good home like you have given them.

Our three boys were each 5 years apart so we'd get it all over with and totally forget about it and then another one would crop up. But they all did very well and never caused or got in an accident until they were much older and out of school. Well one did get hit in the rear while sitting at a red light. But he was lucky and other than damage to his car, he wasn't hurt. Because the guy that hit him was a teen on probation, we did a mini torte claim and he was ordered to repay the damages and he did.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 06:12:34 PM »
Congratulations to your boys  (my godsons/nephews..twins birthday is the 2nd)  I'm happy for you that they thrived and they are making this milestone.....hold them tight as they do grow up so fast.  I always thought teaching the kids to drive was pretty easy but giving them the keys to the car on their own that first time was hard and no relief till they came home safe.  I had 4 kids in 5 years  so I had a new driver in the family for a while.....my sister even made me start to teach her oldest she didn't think she could handle it.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 09:58:28 PM »
They haven't even studied their books to go get their permits.  Don't know if they were messing with me or not, we I was driving down the road and I pointed out several signs they didn't know what they were or acted like they didn't.  Later I pointed out firetruck on it, one of them said it means there is a fire engine???? What???LOL.

Any way, they had a great Birthday.  Everything went off well, except for a phone call we got.  My Aunt had passed away at 6:50pm.  She had, had a long battle and she's at ease now.  She had Lupus, Dibetes, Kidney transplant, Heart Attack while at the hospital, and had cancer in her female parts.  She started Chemo again the week of Chirstmas.  This week they had taken her off all of her meds, even her kidney rejection med.  I think she made a decision that she was tired of fighting.  She had told me when I went and saw her Christmas Eve, that for me to remember all the good times, the times we played in the garden walking in the mudd barefooted, etc.  I knew something then.  Its sad that she's gone, but knowing she's at peace is a good thing.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 10:18:46 PM »
Happy Birthday to your boys!  I have two boys, all grown up now, hard to believe they are 25 and 27.  Both times I was pregnant, I wished for twins.

I didn't do very well with the driving thing, it drove me nuts, nope didn't like it at all. {nono}  My nerves just couldn't take it and hubby was no help either.  I can honestly say that was the only thing I didn't enjoy about raising my boys.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 01:35:03 PM »
Happy Birthday to you boys, err, young men!  Next few years will be fun, doubly fun, in your household!   :D

Sorry to hear your Aunt passed away but as you already know she's in peace now.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 02:37:58 PM »
Where are the PHOTOS of those handsome lads???

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"