Author Topic: I am SO happy!  (Read 2194 times)

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I am SO happy!
« on: October 21, 2006, 07:20:16 AM »
Last week I thought I was going to have to euthanize some of my yearling mutt koi, this years spawn and some Walmart goldfish that I'd had for several years due to space considerations. I was so upset just thinking about it that I kept putting it off. I couldn't do it. I looked up free ads and placed an ad in USfreeads.com and yesterday a lady called and she happens to live just around the corner from me. (how weird is that!) We just caught up all of the fish and they are on their way to two different 4000 gallon ponds. She will keep some and her mom will take some. I am so relieved and happy!! I don't think I have any fish other than the Wakin trio that will spawn and I am definitely moving that female Wakin (the little hussy!)  away from the boys to a different pond.  @O@  @O@

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I am SO happy!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 08:39:07 AM »
Lucky you, I have been pulling goldfish out of ponds. Took over 2 dozen out of the koi pond alone, was able to take those to a pet shop but I must have at least 50 more out there in a kitty pond I need to find homes for. Anybody live by Kansas City. I have some purty ones.
You should see what we threw back into the koi pond. ::)

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 01:07:50 PM »
Good going Kay! O0
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline goldenangel

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 04:32:27 PM »
I did the same thing a couple of years ago except I posted at Livedeal.com.  I ended up getting rid of 3 or 4 dozen babies and at least 8 or 9 adults.  It sure helped me out.
Central IL zone 5

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 06:11:46 PM »
Well that is very cool!  I don't think I could put down fish . . . no, I know I couldn't.  And I don't know what I'd do if the problem presented itself.  Thankfully, it hasn't.  Don't ask me why, but my silly goldfish in the big pond haven't had any offspring for years . . . and the ones in the little pond always seem to get eaten by something before they become a problem.  (once it was a snapper, once it was birds, got a lotta frogs up there and a snake or two visiting, etc). 

Offline Rocmon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 07:39:52 PM »
Raccoons control the population in my pond so far, except those darned mosquito fish...

craigslist.com is another great place to post stuff. They have a free section, I don't suggest this for junkaholics, unless you have lots of acreage! 8-)~

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 08:55:56 PM »
I'm missing my big white comet. She was so friendly but I know she's in a much better pond for her size. But still I miss her.  :(

Offline milliemax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 02/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 05:38:55 PM »
  I also use www.freecycle.com then find my own area. You can opt to get 1 e-mail a day with all the offers/requests in the one e-mail rather than individual e-mails.   Nancy
Nancy-going crazy! Want to come?
USDA zone 8, No CA

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 08:54:36 PM »
What luck!  I keep my sister supplied, if she would ever listen to me she would have them for years.  But what does little sister know...lol

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"