Author Topic: Are we THAT stupid? (an email I recieved)  (Read 3817 times)

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Are we THAT stupid? (an email I recieved)
« on: February 15, 2009, 12:22:36 PM »
I found this in my email just now, forwarded to me from one of our LEGAL Guatemalan employees at work....

I hope the following 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until it finally sinks in so that the  reader will get completely sick of reading them. Also included are the URL's for verification of all the following facts:

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare  to illegal aliens each year by state governments.     

Verify at: http://tinyurl.com/zob77

2.   $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food  assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal  aliens.

Verify at: http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.

Verify at: http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!

Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.html

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

Verify at http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

6.  $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal  aliens.

Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

7.  30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

8.  $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American  taxpayers.

Verify at: http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html

9.  $200 Billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.

10.  The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white  non-illegal aliens.  In particular, their children, are going to make a huge  additional crime problem in the US.

Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt.01.html

11.  During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also,  as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries.  Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border.

Verify at: Homeland Security  Report: http://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12.  The National  policy Institute, estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and  $230 billion or an average cost of between  $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'

Verify  at: http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf

13.  In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances to their countries of origin.

Verify at:  http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm>

14.  'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United  States ...'

Verify at: http: // www.drdsk.com/articleshtml

The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR. 

Are we THAT stupid?

If this doesn't bother you then just delete the message.  If, on the other hand, it does raise the hair on the back of your neck, I hope you forward it to every legal resident in the country including every elected representative in Washington, D.C. - five times a week for  as long as it takes to restore some semblance of intelligence in our policies and enforcement thereof.
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: Are we THAT stupid? (an email I recieved)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 01:09:50 PM »
and they vote!  yes they can't vote legaly, but it is done.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 05:30:33 PM »
This along with many things is why our country and it's people are in such a mess!

We could also go on about those that are on welfare when they COULD go out and work for a living...
Anyone know someone who made alot less than you and paid in alot less than taxes but has a huge income tax refund?
In my opinion, no one should ever receive more tax $$ than they paid in! :(
Sure this does help some families who struggle and or single parents but I still don't think they should receive more $$ than they paid in.

Also as far as the welfare system, alot of (not all) people that receive this do not work.
There is many of things that could be done such as federal, state or city jobs....  Make them work for  the majority of their food stamps, housing, etc.
Figure out something creative other than just an easy hand out for people that have no desire to work!

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 07:12:15 PM »
I just found it very enlightening, coming from who it came from.
Made me think about it: IF I were an honest to goodness hispanic US citizen working hard for a living,
I'd be mortified by what the illegal 'freeloading' hispanics are doing...and in doing so giving ALL hispanics a bad name,
in the eyes of an average small minded 'redneck' US citizen
(I try not to use the term American, because everyone from North and South America are Americans, including Canadians)

The bottom line is:
If the average US 'white' citizen worked as hard as the illegal migrant workers...we wouldn't have such a problem with illegal migrant workers, such a demand for illegal migrant workers.
What started the massive invasion of illegal migrant workers, is the laziness of the average US citizen when it comes to work ethics.
The average US citizen wants a high paying, preferably white collar, easy job, right out of college. The average US citizen does not want to work their way up the ladder,
like many illegal migrants workers have done. (for example, the man who sent me this email. Now also owns his own home.)

All of us have ancestors that were 'illegal aliens' at one point or another. We can't blame our problems on the illegal aliens.
There would be no need for cheap migrant workers if all of us would work a little, and in most cases, a LOT harder.

The bottom line is, it's not the war that is making us bankrupt, or the bankers, or big companies, it's our own laziness,
and with that...living beyond our means because we won't work for it, instead we charge it.  :no:

The illegal immigrants are here picking up the jobs we used to do, back when we weren't lazy.
 ::)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 08:37:15 PM »
That is true Joyce, many people have gotten very spoiled and lazy and it isn't just very young people either.

DH has a heck of a time getting good workers and they're not getting the low minimum wage pay either, more like $28 hr +  which isn't CEO pay by anymeans but a decent pay especially for several who only have a high school education.   
These are union guys which have very good benefits on top of their decent pay too.

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 10:59:55 PM »
Many and maybe most of us cannot afford minimum wage. The illegals do because they live 20 and even more in one home.  Don't scoff it is true. yes there are zoning laws but nothing is done.

To me the worse thing is seeing out culture diminish
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 12:08:57 PM »
That's a good point, Jerry.  We try so hard to be "Politically Correct" that we bend over backwards to accommodate different people, and in doing so, we sacrifice, inch by inch, bits of our own American culture and heritage. 

Why do we celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Day of the Dead?  Those are MEXICAN holidays, not Texan / American.  Why are kids allowed to speak Spanish and Vietnamese, etc. in schools, way beyond when they should have learned English? 

Those of you who live in northern states don't know how "hispanic" the southern and western states have become. 

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 12:42:01 PM »
All the teenagers sitting on their asses playing Gameboy, Nintendo, Wii, etc, etc can get off their lazy duffs and earn minimum like we used to when we were kids.
You put THAT group: 'The Gameboy Gang' out into the workforce, and we would have no need for (illegal) migrant workers.

That's another point: They wouldn't be crossing the border if we weren't hiring.  ::)
Don't blame THEM...blame the greedy, lazy US citizens who are hiring them. (who buy their kids Gameboys instead of teaching them work ethics)

Jerry, our culture has ALWAYS been a melting pot...we are a culture of immigrants since the day Christopher Columbus anchored off shore.
(lets not forget the Vikings who truly discovered the Americas)

The true culture of the US has already been exterminated along with the Native American Indian Nation.
The Native American Indian Nation was the original culture of the US.
Now forced to live on reservations and play up to tourists in order to make enough to make ends meet.
We have NO RIGHT to call the present situation of the US culture 'ours'.  {nono}
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 02:45:19 PM »
Our culture is what has transpired over the last 200 years.
Our culture is English.  Our culture is washington, Lincoln and the foundig fathers.
Our culture is the civil war, our culture is our music, our movies, our wars, our freedoms our faiths.

As Howell will tell you, Cinco de Mayo is not even celebrted in Mexico.
Our po;iticos use it to get votes.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline reddad35

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 02:48:20 PM »
That was all over the place. Did The Vikings or the Indians discover america? Their are alot of Indians that do not live on reservations. There are reservations but not all indians live on them.

This is, since it was called America, a melting pot. It always will be. It is the land of the free and home of the brave. Illegal aliens will always come here. They are not going to check and see if they can get a job before they try to leave their country and come to a hope. You can be poor and not have the goverment come kill you for your beliefs here.

If gameboy and the like were available to us when we were growing up we would have played those games too. I cannot see getting rid of technology so our kids will work harder and take jobs away from illegals. It is up to the individual parent to monitor those games and the amount each child plays them. I cannot see how illegals are taking jobs from our teenagers. My son goes to high school, plays baseball, does chores, works part time at Grandy's, dates and still plays playstation.

As far as greedy US citizens, I tend to agree with that. I think everyone wants a good job that pays good money. Has good benefits and the like. If you do not want this are you not greedy or lazy. Do you have to work for minimum wage or be called greedy? I do think we have alot of lazy people that want these benefits and alot of that has to do with the unions we as a country support. The Unions are there for us as employees but they also do not allow an employee to go above and beyond without reprecussions. I am for unions to make sure working conditions and salaries are safe and appropriate but not a total governing that makes for the lazy worker.

I also think we HAVE to call the present US culture "ours". It is ours and has been for our whole lives. Changes happen along the way. Remember all cultures change in every culture and every country as does our young country.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Re: Are we THAT stupid? (an email I received)
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 03:31:28 PM »
I also think we HAVE to call the present US culture "ours". It is ours and has been for our whole lives. Changes happen along the way. Remember all cultures change in every culture and every country as does our young country.
This same thought relates to climate change.  Many people are extremely concerned about climate change (global warming) and want to keep things status quo, yet science indicates that earth has a well documented history of change.  Thus some people argue who are we to say that the current climate is the benchmark of what earth's climate should be.

Okay, I digressed.....  Carry on...  :D

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 08:58:26 PM »
Hey, let's just sell the illegals into slavery. Just pay them with food and shelter. Make them work like they've never worked before. Make them suffer for doing wrong. Tell the human rights activist turn their heads. The only other suggestion is to line the borders with machine gun toting border patrol who have the right to fire a few rounds then ask questions.

Do I sound like someone who lost their job to Mexicans? >:(-
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 11:05:11 PM »
Scott: Those comments don't reflect well on your character and certainly don't represent the views of me or the vast majority of people who are against illegal immigration into this country.  I'm a strong advocate of immigration enforcement but I take issue with all those horrible comments. 

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Are we THAT stupid? (an email I received)
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 09:10:58 AM »
Scott:
Yes jobs are lost. The meat packing industry was high paying and dangerous. It is now low paying and dangerous.
The same is true of Drywall installers.o construction.  Yes \,these guys are hard workers and often excellent. but so what?
Even medical office work in Calif has changed. You need to be bi lingual.
Yes Bi lingual is good, but that was not the point.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 05:51:23 PM »
I apologize Mikey but at the moment, my wife and I are at the end of our ropes. Jobs are scarce, money is quickly running out, and I am tired of hearing Spanish. I need a fake INS badge for every time I run into a group of those Spanish-speaking animals and ask for their green cards. My wife spent thousands of dollars to get into this country and can't get squat but they can jump the border and use up my Social Security before I'm old enough to get it. It isn't fair to the American citizens. Anyone who takes the side of the illegal immigrant should be tried for treason or deported back with the illegal immigrant to it's country.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 08:02:35 PM »
I’m sorry to hear you are going through tough times Scott.  There is nothing wrong with righteous anger and you certainly have a right to be angry.  It’s the manner in which you expressed your anger that disturbs me.   

Your anger is focused on the illegals.  The problem is not just with those here illegally.  There’s plenty of blame to go around.

*  The problem is with our leaders who for many decades have not enforced immigration laws and who don’t design and enforce a fair temporary worker program. 

*  The problem is with sanctuary cities that protect this illegal behavior.

*  The problem is with the uninformed electorate who vote for leaders who make bad decisions.

*  The problem is with employers who turn a blind eye to hiring illegals to make a greater profit. 

*  The problem is with ordinary Americans who hire illegals to mow lawns, clean homes and do other temporary labor jobs in order to save money. 

*  The problem is with the Mexican government for not developing her rich resources to provide employment for her people and for encouraging illegal immigration.   Money sent back home (remittances) is Mexico’s second-greatest source of foreign income.  Per Mexican banks, Mexico received 23 billion dollars in remittances in 2007.  Per a 2004 study, those working in California sent back 10 billion. 

So I guess what I’m saying is that the focus of your anger in my opinion is too pinpointed when directed solely at illegals.

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 09:42:54 PM »
Yes, most are poor blokes seeking a better life.  Sad indeed.  let them get in line like the others.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 06:34:17 AM »
"Yes, most are poor blokes seeking a better life.  Sad indeed.  let them get in line like the others."

How about:  Let them work for reform in their own countries?  That's how we Americans got to be such a great country in the first place... we built it, we elected people who would do our bidding in the governing of the country, and when something went wrong, we worked to change it.  We didn't bail out and flee our homeland - we change things to make the country what we wanted it to be.

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 06:57:13 AM »

*  The problem is with the Mexican government for not developing her rich resources to provide employment for her people and for encouraging illegal immigration.   Money sent back home (remittances) is Mexico’s second-greatest source of foreign income.  Per Mexican banks, Mexico received 23 billion dollars in remittances in 2007.  Per a 2004 study, those working in California sent back 10 billion. 

That is the root problem. In fact, look at any country in the world where there is significant poverty and you will find a corrupt/inept/perverted/obtrusive government. If the governments weren't corrupt, their people would not feel the need to come here.

It is the land of the free and home of the brave

Before you think we're "free", you may want to read this piece by Joel Salatin-
http://www.mindfully.org/Farm/2003/Everything-Is-Illegal1esp03.htm

If I want my child to skip the Nintendo, work a few hours, and earn some money- whoops- can't do it. That would be illegal.
If I want to grow a few chickens in my yard- whoops, can't do it. Against the law.
If I would like to keep my own money, that's against the law too.
If I want to grow mushrooms on my property? Yup- illegal.
Surely I could have a pet horse? Nope.

Land of the brave? Yes. We have countless brave citizens who are fighting for our freedoms and making the ultimate sacrifice, yet every day the politicians fly into D.C. in their 480,000/month private jets who are eroding our freedoms with their policy. We are screwed.

Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 07:08:12 AM »
Yes it would be nice if they fought for their own country.  They have a horrible government.  So did we once.
Not so sure how good it is now, but we can vote them out.
Here in Calif incumbents all win thanks to their gerrymamdering their districts.
They pick us rather than the other way around.  As bad as Arnold is he is seeking a better way of re districing.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline mascot

• Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 07:52:20 AM »
That's the thing that kills me...Mexico is a country, and it has citizens.  So why do they come here and fight our system instead of their own?  Instead of trying to overthrow our government in California, why can't they try to overthrow their own?  They destroyed their own country (in certain areas just south of the border) so what's next...try to "take back" California and destroy things here?  And I love that whole "we want our land back" garbage...

Here's a metaphor:
Alejandro shows me his truck, and it's falling apart and he can't keep it running, so he sells it to me for pennies on the dollar.  I take that truck and I rebuild it, I smooth out all the rough areas, and I put in a new engine and transmission.  Then I fix the interior and put some new wheels and tires on it.  Before long, I have a really nice truck and everybody likes it and they all wish it was theirs.  Enter Alejandro's grandson.  He see's my nice, shiny, comfortable truck and tells me that his grandfather shouldn't have sold it to me, and he wants it back because he claims it belongs to his family.  He fights and argues with me that it's not rightfully mine because his grandfather wasn't thinking straight when he sold it to me.  Do you think for a minute that I'm going to just give the keys to him, after all my hard work and labor trying to make the truck nice and desireable?

So why should we hand the keys for California back to him?
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 11:22:17 AM »
We won't but we have politicians who will. :'(
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline reddad35

• Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 03:00:05 PM »

If I want my child to skip the Nintendo, work a few hours, and earn some money- whoops- can't do it. That would be illegal.
If I want to grow a few chickens in my yard- whoops, can't do it. Against the law.
If I would like to keep my own money, that's against the law too.
If I want to grow mushrooms on my property? Yup- illegal.
Surely I could have a pet horse? Nope.

Land of the brave? Yes. We have countless brave citizens who are fighting for our freedoms and making the ultimate sacrifice, yet every day the politicians fly into D.C. in their 480,000/month private jets who are eroding our freedoms with their policy. We are screwed.

Child Labor laws are there to protects children. Alot of countries do not have these laws and they could work there if you wanted them to.
Nothing is wrong with having your child do chores or odd and end jobs. It cannot be in a way as to take advantage of the children. That law isa good one.  You can have your child do every chore around the house and it is not illegal if you so chose. I tend to give them a few items that will teach them responsibility and also help us out around the house. My son is 17 and can work but not over 40 hours. Thats fine with me. You also are not required by law to buy a nintendo.

If you owned land in the country or outside whatever city you live in I bet you would be able to have chickens. I also bet you think downtown in whatever city america is nicer without chickens running around. You are free to buy in the country.

Taxes have been around forever. They are an evil neccesity that builds roads and supplies schools and such. Another option would be top get rid of taxes and only let people that donate money to use roads schools and the like.

I bet you can grow mushrooms in your garden if the are legal mushrooms. Illegal Mushrooms should answer why you are not allowed to grow them.

Another case of owning in the country or outside the city limits. You have a choice where you decide to live. I bet you could move to another country and not have to deal with the rules and laws of this country if you wanted. I bet you like it here and simply want to have a horse on 18th street. It is not a good idea to have a horse on 18th street in any city.

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 06:59:39 PM »
the problem is they do have chickens and goats in residential areas. Slaughter same too.  yes it's part of the culture.
Screw the culture, this is the United States,
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:05:46 PM by Jerry »
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 08:50:09 PM »
If they want California back, give it to them.........

just before it breaks off and sinks into the ocean. lol
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 10:06:51 PM »
wow, why didn't I think of that?
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 03:28:53 PM »
Sean, can you please delete this whole topic?  8)
I refuse to promote hatred and intolerance within one of my topics.  {nono}
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"