Author Topic: Pond and koi pics from Sweden  (Read 10441 times)

Offline avance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • www.avance.pixbox.se
  • With us since: 19/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Pond and koi pics from Sweden
« on: February 19, 2009, 05:44:05 AM »
Pics of our pond and koifriends :)

Offline txpondnut

• Members
  • With us since: 16/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Pond and koi pics from Sweden
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 06:00:18 AM »
Such a beautiful place! You must love living there.

Offline Christy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 06:08:16 AM »
 Avance,what is that pink plant in the thrird picture.Those are some pretty pictures,and that koi in the last picture. Where's your snow pictures?

Christy

Offline avance

• Members
  • www.avance.pixbox.se
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 06:43:20 AM »
Avance,what is that pink plant in the thrird picture.Those are some pretty pictures,and that koi in the last picture. Where's your snow pictures?

Christy
Thanks Christy and txpondnut!  I don´t know the name of the pink plant...not even in Swedish.hehe..but I ask my wife later and return to you Christy..What do you meen:Where's your snow pictures? I´m not so good at english..sorry...mvh/Björn :)

Offline casey

• Members
  • With us since: 19/12/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 08:08:32 AM »
Wow, Bjorn, I love your pond but it is so big I think it is more like a little lake.

Casey

Offline ponderer

• Members
  • With us since: 04/01/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 08:30:38 AM »
Really, really Really NICE!! I think that pink plant with the big leaves is Bergenia. o(:-)

Offline avance

• Members
  • www.avance.pixbox.se
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 08:34:41 AM »
Wow, Bjorn, I love your pond but it is so big I think it is more like a little lake.

Casey
Thanks Casey! I have been digging for 15 years and expand it a little bit...This is how it look 15 years ago../Björn :)

Offline rdrboone

• Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 08:50:21 AM »
Your pond and your yard are very, very beautiful. Your Koi are spectatcular!!! o(:-)

Ruth  o(  o(  o(
Ruth

Offline casey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 09:00:39 AM »
Bjorn,

You are so lucky to have so much land so you can keep expanding your pond.  My pond is the one that is the swimming pool converted into the pond and, as you can see from the photos, we don't have an inch of extra land even to put in a stream  :( !  Does your pond have a liner or is it concrete?  Also, your english is EXCELLENT!   :clap: It is better than that of some US citizens, so don't apologize for it.

Casey

Offline avance

• Members
  • www.avance.pixbox.se
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 09:28:06 AM »
Your pond and your yard are very, very beautiful. Your Koi are spectatcular!!! o(:-)

Ruth  o(  o(  o(
Thank you Ruth..I´m glad that you like our pond.... :) :)The great white is over 60 cm..she don´t look very happy on the pic...haha/Björn

Offline avance

• Members
  • www.avance.pixbox.se
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 09:45:28 AM »
Bjorn,

You are so lucky to have so much land so you can keep expanding your pond.  My pond is the one that is the swimming pool converted into the pond and, as you can see from the photos, we don't have an inch of extra land even to put in a stream  :( !  Does your pond have a liner or is it concrete?  Also, your english is EXCELLENT!   :clap: It is better than that of some US citizens, so don't apologize for it.

Casey
Hi Casey!  I just look at your pics and you had done a fantastic job.. My wife and kids realy wanted a pool so last year we built one and it´s just like the pond ..you can sit there and relax and take something to drink..I think water has that... :-\.affektion..( is that the right word)on you. Yes i have liner in my pond.  More pics in these links:   www.pixbox.se/alb480297    www.pixbox.se/alb1009355

Offline MikeW

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 01:53:05 PM »
I really like the way you have incorporated the rocks into your wooden decking. Lovely garden.

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline casey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 04:46:06 PM »
Bjorn,

I think you might be trying to say that water has that "effect on you."  Effect can be either a noun or a verb. As a noun, it means the result of something  You were saying that the effect of water is to make you relaxed and it sure is true.  I have a hard time getting up from my chair by the pond once I settle in to relax.  It makes me feel lazy!  The word like "effect" is "affect," which is usually a verb. it means to bring on or cause a change, or to cause emotion, to provoke feelings (good or bad). it can also mean to adopt a false characteristic.  You would say you had a hard day at work and went to your pond.  You were affected by the sound of the water and the effect of the sound of the water was to make you relax.  I hope I haven't confused you more.  Those two words are often used wrong even in our country so I googled them to make sure I told you the correct information.  Again, your english is so good I certainly knew exactly what you were saying.

Casey

Offline avance

• Members
  • www.avance.pixbox.se
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 11:03:25 PM »
I really like the way you have incorporated the rocks into your wooden decking. Lovely garden.

Cheers,

Mike
Thanks Mike!..I realy wanted the big rocks in our garden..A friend pick them up for me with his big tractor..the big one weight 4500 kg  :o and the small one 1500 kg..The first idea was to let a waterfall go from the big one but it didn´t work out...After many years we build them in with the wood-deck.
The only trouble now is that we hurt our toes on the little rock..so we call it "The toebreakingrock" In swedish:"Tåstukarstenen" Mvh/Björn :)

Offline avance

• Members
  • www.avance.pixbox.se
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 11:40:33 PM »
Bjorn,

I think you might be trying to say that water has that "effect on you."  Effect can be either a noun or a verb. As a noun, it means the result of something  You were saying that the effect of water is to make you relaxed and it sure is true.  I have a hard time getting up from my chair by the pond once I settle in to relax.  It makes me feel lazy!  The word like "effect" is "affect," which is usually a verb. it means to bring on or cause a change, or to cause emotion, to provoke feelings (good or bad). it can also mean to adopt a false characteristic.  You would say you had a hard day at work and went to your pond.  You were affected by the sound of the water and the effect of the sound of the water was to make you relax.  I hope I haven't confused you more.  Those two words are often used wrong even in our country so I googled them to make sure I told you the correct information.  Again, your english is so good I certainly knew exactly what you were saying.

Casey
Thanks Casey!  Thats one of the things with joining a englishspeakin forum. I get a lot of practise writing with you and reading all threads in the forum.Thanks again!...In Sweden we can see that the swedish language slowly turns into something else..I see it with my teenageers..they buliding a new one...they talk with each other over the net using short words and so they even "shortwording" when they meet in real..And then we have all the outher languages they (and we) mix in.But the worst is that I see that so many can´t spell right.I don´t know where it`s gonna lead us but I think it´s the same for every language...evolution. Have a nice day..i don´t know what time you got there but here it´s 08.30  Saturday morning .  Mvh/Björn :)

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 06:57:28 AM »
Bjorn, absolutely stunning O0 o(:-)!!!!!!!  You have done a great job enlarging.  With the enlargements do you connect with spliced pieces of liner or redo with one large piece or is it a mud bottom? If you continue to do more you could have a moat around your home.   What is the overall size and depth of your ponds/stream/channel?    Love the stone and plantings everything looks very natural!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 07:01:31 AM by marla »
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline avance

• Members
  • www.avance.pixbox.se
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 09:23:30 AM »
Bjorn, absolutely stunning O0 o(:-)!!!!!!!  You have done a great job enlarging.  With the enlargements do you connect with spliced pieces of liner or redo with one large piece or is it a mud bottom? If you continue to do more you could have a moat around your home.   What is the overall size and depth of your ponds/stream/channel?    Love the stone and plantings everything looks very natural!
Thank you Marla! :)It´s allways a new piece of liner. I do it in the spring before i let the koi´s out. o(..I pump the water out and then I dig the new piece of the pond, put in the new liner and glue it together with the old one. The realy important here is to clean the old liner VERY good outherwise it gonna leak.The pond is right now 35 meters long with 3 deeper holes, one waterfall and 3 small bridges. I think that if it´s gonna be some more digging this year I gonna go deeper instead of expanding/ I´m glad you like our pond / :)Björn.

Offline reddad35

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 12:10:53 PM »
Bjorn, Beautiful.

That pixbox link is awesome. You have done a great job and your property is an inspiration.

Offline avance

• Members
  • www.avance.pixbox.se
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 12:50:16 PM »
Bjorn, Beautiful.

That pixbox link is awesome. You have done a great job and your property is an inspiration.
Thanks Reddad!! :) :) :) /Björn

Offline marla

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 07:56:24 PM »
Björn, Thanks for the info.....35meters wow that's a lot of liner.  We thought about splicing a piece of liner but got cold feet and made to seperate ponds instead.  I'm glad it worked for you, the outcome is supurb.  You said you do it before you let the koi out....so where are they for the winter?  How many koi do you have?
Her secret is patience.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 09:39:52 PM »
Wow!  Ya wanna swap homes?!!  Beautiful property.  Welcome!

Offline avance

• Members
  • www.avance.pixbox.se
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 11:38:47 PM »
Björn, Thanks for the info.....35meters wow that's a lot of liner.  We thought about splicing a piece of liner but got cold feet and made to seperate ponds instead.  I'm glad it worked for you, the outcome is supurb.  You said you do it before you let the koi out....so where are they for the winter?  How many koi do you have?
Hi Marla! I have them in the basement for the winter...we have 10 koi´s..in the autumn there are a lot moore.. o( /Björn

Offline avance

• Members
  • www.avance.pixbox.se
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 11:46:58 PM »
Wow!  Ya wanna swap homes?!!  Beautiful property.  Welcome!
Thanks Annette!.. Southern California???...snow,dark,cold??....Southern California??...snow.dark...co....I don´t know :D 8-)~ :)/Björn

Offline marla

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009, 06:33:37 AM »
Björn,  very nice winter setup.....I wish I could talk my husband into that, I've been trying for years, but no luck so I worry all winter that they are doing OK under the ice and snow.  I have a few that look similar to yours.   Lots of little ones there is that from a spawn of your koi?
Her secret is patience.

Offline avance

• Members
  • www.avance.pixbox.se
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2009, 07:50:25 AM »
Björn,  very nice winter setup.....I wish I could talk my husband into that, I've been trying for years, but no luck so I worry all winter that they are doing OK under the ice and snow.  I have a few that look similar to yours.   Lots of little ones there is that from a spawn of your koi?

Yes It´s babies from our koi´s..About the winterkeeping...It´s hard work to take them in every winter that´s why I wanna digg deeper so that they could stay out for the winter..but for now I can´t let them because It´s not deep enough...But theres allways 2 sides.. If there inside they eat and grow bigger and I can see them all the time...I don´t know.../Björn :)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2009, 04:14:11 PM »
Yikes!  Forgot about the dreaded snow!  I'll have to think about that.... {:-P;;

Fabulous koi!  So much work having to move them and house them!  OK, thought about it...forget about it!   :D

Offline avance

• Members
  • www.avance.pixbox.se
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 04:52:31 AM »
Hi Anette...I understand...it was an easy choice..haha...Mvh/Björn :)

Offline avance

• Members
  • www.avance.pixbox.se
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 02:10:47 PM »
More pics! :)

Offline MikeW

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 06:01:40 PM »
My dad worked for Electrolux for decades - and every Swede I met seemed to have a place in Stockholm and one in the country.  Clearly this not downtown Stockholm - where in Sweden are you?

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 08:15:09 PM »
Your yard and pond are beautiful.  My wife thinks so, as well.  Looks like you take very good care of your koi.  Thanks for sharing.
Alfonso

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"