Author Topic: Anyone go hiking in Washington State?  (Read 962 times)

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Anyone go hiking in Washington State?
« on: March 16, 2009, 05:56:10 PM »
I will be visiting a couple of old friends who relocated to Washington State.  Was wondering if anyone ever went hiking the National Parks up there, particularly in the Olympic NP.  We plan on visiting that area and doing some weekend camping.  Also planning on visiting Mt Rainer and possibly the Cascades. 
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone go hiking in Washington State?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 06:40:40 PM »
We hiked at Mt. Ranier and Mt. St. Helens a few years back.  Another great place is Snoqualmie Falls.  My daughter and her family lived there for a few years while her husband was stationed at Ft Lewis....they still own a house there, they were thinking they might like to get back there someday.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline pegs pond

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 11:33:13 PM »
Hi Greenthumbnails, I LIVE in the mountains in Washington, in a valley between Mt Adams, Mt St Helens and Mt Rainer!  (Between Morton and Packwood if you want to look it up.)  Please feel free to give us a shout and stop by.  I don't climb but my cousins do, but I'm afraid they would tell you places that you might have trouble finding...off the beaten track ya know?  Mt St Helens has a hike that you can go right down into the mouth of the crater if you plan ahead,  Mt Rainer has beautiful trails all over!  We have awesome waterfalls all over...Now I can tell you lots of back roads to go investigate IF they have the roads passable after all the mud slides.   If the weather doesn't change soon you won't want to do much hiking! Unless you bring your skis!   Hopefully it will be a few months before you come?  Aug-Sept are the best months weather wise.
Peggy

Offline finnpond

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 07:38:04 AM »
Howdy...

There are lots of great hikes...  You might not want to gain too much elevation if you're coming soon...  It's been kind of a late winter, with snow lower than usual...

Check out the National Park Service website...  www.nps.gov/olym/planyourvisit ...
 or www.explorehoodcanal.com/hiking

Lots of hiking right on Puget Sound with water and mountain vistas available also....  Google Puget Sound Hikes...

Dave

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 11:29:35 AM »
I live up north in Washington in Arlington and the North Cascades Hwy is a beautiful trip on a clear day. Take it all the way up to the town of Winthrop. It's a town made to look like an old western town. Eat your lunch at the Duck Inn.
I included some pics below. That's my DH playing the role in front of an old shop. We also lived over in Forks on the Olympic Peninsula and hiking is the best over there and the beaches are beautiful! If you like Chantrel mushrooms they are around and they are wonderful cooked in butter. Just make sure you know what your picking.
                                                         Janice

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"