Author Topic: Nellie, you don't belong up there!!!  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Sonny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/10/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Nellie, you don't belong up there!!!
« on: March 22, 2009, 03:44:08 PM »
Darn cat is always doing things she knows she's not supposed to.  {nono}  If she breaks my raku pot I'll have a conniption fit.   >:(-

Jim

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Nellie, you don't belong up there!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 03:55:03 PM »
Lol. Up out of the way. Won't get her tail stepped on there and the dog can't get her there. Not so dumb.

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 04:12:58 PM »
I tried turning on the spotlight that shines on the picture above the fireplace to see if it would make that spot less appealing.  She just covered her eyes.   ::)

A few minutes later she decided she needed to turn around.  She was very careful not to break anything.  :)

Jim

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 04:22:50 PM »
She's a smart cat!   8)

Nice Raku...I have a few pieces myself too! :)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 04:41:22 PM »
AWWWWW.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 05:02:53 PM »
Wow she must be quite the jumper.........I have one that is almost 20 and to old to jump, has a hard time getting up on the bed and one that is over 20LBS and I don't think he'd fit on any of our mantles
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 05:30:19 AM »
Wow she must be quite the jumper.........I have one that is almost 20 and to old to jump, has a hard time getting up on the bed and one that is over 20LBS and I don't think he'd fit on any of our mantles

Actually, she has a little help getting up there.   ::)  There are some stools she can launch off of.  But she is young and quite athletic.  I have no doubt she could get up there without their help.
Jim

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 09:40:18 AM »
BEAUTIFUL kitty and Raku  o(:-)  Those kitties like being up high.  We have a cathedral celiling in the living room, dining room & kitchen but the 3 walls that enclose the kitchen are 8 feet.  When we moved in this house one of the cats just loved laying on top of that 8' wall and look down on the world.  Then the other cat learned from the first.  The thing is they would hop on the counter then the top of the fridge to get on top of the wall and cats are NOT allowed on the counters or table!  This is what I did and it worked.  I put wide strips of tape, sticky side up on the tops of the wall where they liked to lay.  They didn't like walking on the tape and found other more suitable places to lay.  They haven't even tried to get up there since and it's been years.  I'd move the vase until kitty finds a new spot just to be on the safe side.   ;)
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 04:39:14 PM »
BEAUTIFUL kitty and Raku  o(:-)  Those kitties like being up high.  We have a cathedral celiling in the living room, dining room & kitchen but the 3 walls that enclose the kitchen are 8 feet.  When we moved in this house one of the cats just loved laying on top of that 8' wall and look down on the world.  Then the other cat learned from the first.  The thing is they would hop on the counter then the top of the fridge to get on top of the wall and cats are NOT allowed on the counters or table!  This is what I did and it worked.  I put wide strips of tape, sticky side up on the tops of the wall where they liked to lay.  They didn't like walking on the tape and found other more suitable places to lay.  They haven't even tried to get up there since and it's been years.  I'd move the vase until kitty finds a new spot just to be on the safe side.   ;)
Fishlips... I think we'll give in and let Nellie have her spot.  I'll put the raku away somewhere.  But I am going to try your idea on the kitchen counters.  I really don't want them on there.   {nono}  They know it too so only go there at night.   ::)
Jim

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 05:39:23 PM »
AWWWWW.....She's a very pretty kitty !

bonnie

Offline bra8ndy8

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/03/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 10:56:07 AM »
Awwwwww she is adoable!!

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 12:42:19 PM »
My cat picks some crazy spots to sleep too.
The house we live in has several dividing "catwalks" between rooms, kind of like archways. They are open between the top of the arch and the vaulted ceiling. My cat will figure out ways to get up there on those archways. The one that goes from the dining area to the kitchen also houses a bank of kitchen cabinets so she likes to get up on that one and sleep. She can see throughout the whole living area from up there. :)
She also seems to think that she can sleep in my larger house plants. ::)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 02:53:26 PM »
Cute kitty  :)
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline jw

• Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 03:20:16 PM »
You have a very sweet looking kitty.
I have a cat by the name of Boo who loves to climb the Clematis trellis and sit on the roof. Problem is she sits up there and meows like she's dying to make you think she cannot get down for the life of her. I finally put a board up on top of the trellis and lured her with some cat treats and now she will come down if I show her a treat. I really think she had this all figured out from the start so as to end up with the treats. It's become a habit now almost every time she goes out!
I love her to death tho!
                                  Janice

Offline bra8ndy8

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 04:36:17 PM »
I have a kitty.....named Skitty. If she wants inside and there isn't someone to let her in, she climbs to my 3rd floor window(which we leave open to keep the heat out) and crawls in. I never knew how she was getting up there, I thought she learned how to open the door!

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 05:14:30 PM »
My old cat knew she wasn't allowed on the table. I would be approaching the kitchen through the dining room and would hear this thud, thud, and know it was her paws hitting the floor. She knew to get down before I got there.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 05:31:08 PM »
Nellie is a beautiful cat...and she looks like she belongs there.   ;)

LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 07:07:25 PM »
What a sweet & careful kitty  O0 O0
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 07:20:36 PM »
You have a very sweet looking kitty.
I have a cat by the name of Boo who loves to climb the Clematis trellis and sit on the roof. Problem is she sits up there and meows like she's dying to make you think she cannot get down for the life of her. I finally put a board up on top of the trellis and lured her with some cat treats and now she will come down if I show her a treat. I really think she had this all figured out from the start so as to end up with the treats. It's become a habit now almost every time she goes out!
I love her to death tho!
                                  Janice

Cats are smart.   ;)  I wouldn't be surprised at all if Boo has figured out how to get treats when she wants them.   lol

She is bootiful.   o(:-)
Jim

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 07:23:58 PM »
I have a kitty.....named Skitty. If she wants inside and there isn't someone to let her in, she climbs to my 3rd floor window(which we leave open to keep the heat out) and crawls in. I never knew how she was getting up there, I thought she learned how to open the door!

Nellie has a litter box inside a dog crate upstairs (it's a long story... we have lots of dogs  {:-P;; ).  She knows how to open the door on the dog crate to get to her litter box.   O0

I love your kitty's name  Skitty.  How'd that come about?  Is it short for Ms. Kitty?
Jim

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 07:29:46 PM »
My old cat knew she wasn't allowed on the table. I would be approaching the kitchen through the dining room and would hear this thud, thud, and know it was her paws hitting the floor. She knew to get down before I got there.
That is funny Esther.  Years ago we had a cat named 'Ms. Biggers'.  She followed us home one day while walking the dog (but I digress).  Early on I was trying to teach her the rules of the house.  She was developing a tendency to get on the dining room table.   {nono}  After months of strict training I thought I'd got my message across.  Then, one day as I was driving off to work, I looked in the window into the dining room and there was Ms. Kitty sitting on the table waving good-bye.   :doh:  It seems that what she learned was to wait until I left before going on the table.   >:(-
Jim

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 07:41:53 PM »
Quote from: Kittyzee
Nellie is a beautiful cat...and she looks like she belongs there.   

Thanks Kittyzee.

Quote from: Kat
What a sweet & careful kitty   

Kat, you got it part right... she is sometimes sweet and sometimes careful.  :)
Jim

Offline bra8ndy8

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 07:44:41 PM »

Nellie has a litter box inside a dog crate upstairs (it's a long story... we have lots of dogs  {:-P;; ).  She knows how to open the door on the dog crate to get to her litter box.   O0

I love your kitty's name  Skitty.  How'd that come about?  Is it short for Ms. Kitty?

Thanks! No my 17 yr old got her when he was 11....and Pokemon was big. He tried to name her a Pokemon name, and I told him NO. He said Skitty.....and I thought it was good. Then was told by my newphew it was a Pokemon character too! ::)

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 08:15:32 PM »
Awwwwwww, sweet kitty.  I think she makes a beautiful addition to your mantle. o(:-)

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 10:52:04 AM »
I love how they cover up their eyes when sleeping during the day.

Mine are not allowed on the dining room table or counters either but I too, hear that thud as they jump down before I enter the room.....
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 08:47:38 AM »
She's not allowed in there either!!!   ::)

Jim

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 11:28:41 AM »
Hey, it's hot outside, and the porcelain sink is cool.

Besides, she's so cute, how can you be cross?

Offline Kabuki

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/04/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 11:34:50 AM »
She's so cute where ever she doesn't belong! It would make you wonder if they understand English until you remember any time you ask, "Are you hungry?" They are all bright eyed and bushy tailed.  ::)

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 07:07:35 PM »
Hey, it's hot outside, and the porcelain sink is cool.

Besides, she's so cute, how can you be cross?

I'm not cross.  If I were really upset with her she wouldn't be posing like she is.   ;)  But you are probably right.  The heat was bad today.
Jim

Offline FrankJScott

• Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2023
    Years
    • View Profile
    • High Rated SLOT GACOR Info
Awesome Slot 200 Login Blog
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2024, 10:57:51 AM »
To the lady talking about nama nama situs judi slot, online jackpot, slot online bonus, judi slot online itu apa, gacor game, web judi, judi gacor, slot game apa, website game slot online, judi slot,  I highly suggest this see page on mpo700 site or game judi slot online, slot online indonesia, judi slot online itu apa, web judi gacor, web judi slot, slot streaming, game judi online, judi slot game, apa slot itu judi, game judi online slot, not to mention this click this link on slot 200 login blog as well as web judi slot online, game slot yang gacor, link game slot gacor, link jackpot online, game slot judi, judi slot online itu apa, game online slot indonesia, jackpot judi, slot site, web slot online, on top of this what google did to me for mpo700 tips which is also great. Also, have a look at this going here about slot 200 login details on top of slot game jackpot, net net slot, game slot judi, judi slot indonesia, jackpot slot online, log in slot, slot game yang mudah menang, apa itu judi slot online, website judi online, game online gacor, alongside all this moved here for slot 200 login details with judi slot anti rungkad, bet slot online, win1000x slot, slot judi indonesia, judi di indonesia, slot betting, judi online77, website judi, game slot login, win1000x slot login,  for good measure. Check more @ Top Accident Lawyer Info c580_52

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"