Author Topic: Lotus Sale- Stimulous Package 2  (Read 1637 times)

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Lotus Sale- Stimulous Package 2
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:02:46 AM »
Here is my "stimulous" package. I have lots of lotuses so I am offering them at very discounted prices. These are ready to go now, while they last. I take Paypal at matherfish@aol.com. Please include in your Paypal payment what plants you are paying for, and that you are with Am. Ponders,and your Am. Ponders ID.
Shipping is $12 for the first package, $5 for each additional package. Thanks.

Package 2 - $25

Grand Slam, Little Golden Phoenix and Temple Dancer. All are bowl lotuses.

Offline miller

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Lotus Sale- Stimulous Package 2
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:10:01 PM »
What is a (bowl lotus )

Offline matherfish

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 06:22:09 AM »
Bowl lotuses are smaller, growing to only 2-3 feet tall, and their tubers do not get as big. They can be grown in smaller pots, also, needing only a 16-18 inch diameter pot instead of a 24-30 inch one.

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 02:14:03 PM »
Frank,
Just wanted to let you know that they arrived safely.  I accidentally broke 2 growing tips off of the little golden phoenix while trying to not break the tips..go figure...I think there is a third, so hopefully it will still do okay.  Is the growing tip the pale yellow part that sprouts and the leaf grows out of the growing tip?  I have the one leaf coming out of what I think is the third growing tip...
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline matherfish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 05:17:29 PM »
Hi. The growing tip actually comes from next to the leaf stem. Usually whereever the leaf stem forms, a new growing tip will grow. The main growing tip grows from the end of the tuber. You probably still have a grwoing tip and it should still survive. If you want, you can  place the tuber in a buket of water for a few days and see if it starts growing, then plant it.
Happy ponding!

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 10:34:49 AM »
Hi Frank,

The lotus package arrived very quickly and in great shape. I'm excited about these new varieties!

Thanks again!
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline cawolfe

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 04/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 02:35:16 PM »
Where do you find your member ID?

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 07:36:21 PM »
Where do you find your member ID?

I think Frank means your American Ponders' nickname when he refers to "member ID"
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline matherfish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 08:20:09 PM »
I do mean your A.P. nickname, or whatever you go by on A.P.  ;D  I have had people on forums send me an email or pay through Paypal with a completely different name than what they go by on A.P. (or whatever forum they belong to) and I have no way to make the connection. I call your name that you use on a forum your ID because that is what those on the forum know you by.  For an example, if someone uses the name "water dunks" on the forum asks me about buying several plants on an IM, or even an email, and I respond with a price, I have a record of the price and plants. However, I deal with lots of people on various forums (as do several others on this forum) and if my Paypal account shows I recieved a payment from "John Doe" with no mention of which plants they are paying for, I do not always know that "water dunks" and "John Doe" are the same person. I then have to go through all IMs and emails trying to associate who paid and for what plants. It can get confusing. I hope that I have explained why this ID (identification) is important. I do not know if others run into this problem, but I have, and I do not want to send someone the wrong plants.
Thanks everyone for your help and understanding.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"