Author Topic: PVC stuff  (Read 7891 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
PVC stuff
« on: October 23, 2006, 05:18:51 PM »
My first pond plant stand.

Another type of pond plant stand. These are not glued, just banged together with a rubber mallet. They have different length legs so can be flipped over for varrying depths. If you use the caps, drill holes in them so they don't want to float. As you can see they eventually get green so I didn't paint them or try to get the print off. The elbows can turn inward to press against the pot and hold it from sliding.

The fall leaf net.

These are in my skimmer to hold the filter media and act as a skimmer leaf catcher.

I made supports for the grids in the Skippy.

Plantstands for in the house.

Marshmallow gun.

Ladder golf game.

The in the house, dog house.

The chair in the middle was made from PVC. I don't like it because it doesn't fit me. I mismeasured. If it had a cushion, then maybe it would be OK.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 06:02:43 PM by Esther »

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: PVC stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 06:28:57 PM »
Good stuff Esther.  You are the official "Queen of PVC" O0
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 07:26:59 PM »
Great projects!  You ARE the Queen of PVC  :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 11:12:03 AM by fishlipsmcgee »
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline Daisy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 08:12:52 AM »
Those are sooo cool Esther!!  O0
Need to show those to hubby .... ;D

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »
Daisy. What do you mean, show them to DH. They are fun to do. I just bought a bunch of fittings and lengths of pipe and when my Dh wasn't home, used his "chop/miter" saw to cut the pipe lengths. He wasn't happy that I cut the PVC with his good blade but by then it was too late. LOL Otherwise you can use a 14 or 18 tooth hack saw blade to cut it. That's what I used when I did the frames for the leaf net. DH is a plumber so originally taught me how to cut and glue etc. You can even make furniture with larger diameter PVC.  I bought a booklet off Ebay about making furniture. There are special fittings for other projects. Guess I'd better provide some links.

http://www.pvcplans.com/pvc-suppliers.htm

http://www.atozsupply.com/

http://www.snapclamp.com/prices.htm

http://www.pvcworkshop.com/

There's a few. If you are interested, do a search on PVC furniture or PVC fittings. I have the directions and measurements for the ladder golf game if you want.

Offline terri

• Members
  • With us since: 22/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 10:13:06 AM »
what great ideas!! i especially like the pond plant stands...
terri
1500 gallon pond. Most residents are 11 yrs old. Most are Koi, with one 9 yr old bullhead catfish. Residents took a trip of one hr to their new home. We all moved to this home just over a yr ago. They love their new digs!

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 04:01:23 PM »
Wow Esther - could I see something in a two seater convertible?

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 04:47:55 PM »
Mike, did you want that in red or blue?

Offline croft

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 05:30:51 PM »
I'm not familiar with the ladder golf game. How is it played? Looks like it's lots of fun  :).
Joanne

Maritimes
1800 gal watergarden
goldfish
zone 5b

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 05:42:28 PM »

Ladder Golf is played with 2 or more players or teams. Each player has 3 golf ball bolas. A bola is 2 golf balls attached by a nylon rope. The object of the game is to wrap your bolas around the steps of the ladder. The ladder consists of 3 steps, a top, middle and a bottom step.

Playing the Game:
Prior to game play a line must be set 5 paces from the ladder. This is the called the toss line. The official toss line is 15 feet away but most players measure 5 paces from the game ladder to set the toss line. This allows for a closer toss line for children's games. Ladder Golf is played in rounds, each round consists of all players tossing 3 bolas. A coin toss is used to decide which player or team will toss first. The first player must toss all 3 bolas before the next player is able to toss his or her bolas.  Bolas can be tossed in any way the player chooses, as long as they are tossed individually and can be bounced off the ground. The winner of the round earns the first toss in the next round.

Games are played to an exact point total of 21. In order to win, a player must be the only one to score exactly 21 points after the completion of a round. Points are determined by which step your bola wraps around. The top step is worth 3 points the middle step iw worth 2 points and the bottom step is only worth 1 point. Players can score an optional bonus of 1 point by hanging all 3 bonas from the same step or by hanging a bola on all 3 (1-2-3) steps in one round. The highest amount of points available per player is 10. This is accomplished by hanging all 3 bolas on the top (3 point) step. If a player goes over the exact point total, that players points for that round do not count. For example: A player with 18 points needs 3 points to get the exact score of 21 in order to win. If that player has 5 points hanging on the ladder after all the players have tossed all strands, none of those points count and the player will enter the next round with 18 points again needing 3 points to win. In the case of a tie, the players that tie will play as many overtime rounds as needed until one player ends a complete round 2 points ahead of the other player. The 2 point rule only applies in overtime rounds. During regular play any player can win as long as that player is the only one to score an exact total of 21 points at the end of that round no matter how many points the other players have.

Basic etiquette:
Basic etiquette of Ladder Golf states that contestants should make as many remarks, sounds or movements as possible during play in order to distract the opponent's during play. Touching the player during tossing is never allowed. In the course of play no contestant is to walk to the ladder prior to completion of the current round of play.

Scoring:
After all teams have tossed all their bolas, scoring is determined by the bolas that are still hanging from the steps. Players can knock-off bolas during the course of the game, in fact knocking-off other players bolas is encouraged and a good way to play defensively, bolas that are knocked off during play do not count as points. Only bolas that are left hanging are counted as points. Points are determined by which step your bola wraps around. The top step is worth 3 points the middle step is worth 2 points and the bottom step is only worth 1 point. Players can score an optional bonus of 1 point by hanging all 3 bolas from the same step or by hanging a bola on all 3 (1-2-3) steps in one round. The highest amount of points available per player is 10. This is accomplished by hanging all 3 bolas on the top (3 point) step.

Team Play:
Four players can play Ladder Golf by alternating play each round. Players simply alternate turns with teammates. Extra bolas can also be purchased so up to 4 players can play individually on the same ladder or a second ladder can be purchased for team play. With multiple ladders 2 players on opposite teams would be on one side and the other 2 opposing players would be at the other game ladder. One side would toss all bolas and the other team would toss them back. Same rules apply.

Offline croft

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 10:30:36 AM »
Wow, Esther, thanks for the great explanation. I just might try making it :).
Joanne

Maritimes
1800 gal watergarden
goldfish
zone 5b

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 11:16:59 AM »
I really like the plant stand design.  I'll have to remember to try that next year.  I love the picture of Smokey in his house and the chairs.  Looks like Papa chair, Mama chair & Baby (Smokey?) chair  :)
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 11:29:54 PM »
Esther I perused the links, really fabulous sources. Many of the fittings are unique, and were news to me.  Your post has to be one of the most useful, at least for me, for sure! O0
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Daisy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 10:43:56 AM »
Wow I looked at the links too and I didn't realize all the stuff you can make from PVC. I'd be willing to give it a try sometime.
I love the little doggy house...that is too cute.  O0

Offline Scottymo

• Members
  • With us since: 05/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 04:42:53 PM »
WOw Esther you ARE the PVC Queen!

Offline GaleZo

• Members
  • With us since: 21/02/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 08:43:34 AM »
Wow, thank you! Know I know exsactly what i'm going to do with the old PVC i've had in the shed for ages O0

Offline davin

• Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Pond Supplies & Info- DiyWaterGardening.com
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 08:50:29 PM »
wow very cool!  I have always actually wondered how to play the ladder ball game... who knew I would learn it form a pond forum! haha
The underlying attraction of the movement of water and sand is biological.
If we look more deeply we can see it as the basis of an abstract idea
linking ourselves with the limitless mechanics of the universe.
-   Sir Geoffrey Jellicoe
Pond Supplies & Information

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"