Author Topic: Wanted: N. pygmae seeds  (Read 1515 times)

Offline petesfish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 08/04/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Wanted: N. pygmae seeds
« on: March 27, 2009, 07:46:45 PM »
Anyone have N. pygmae seed/plants for postage/sale/trade?

Pete 

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: N. pygmae seeds
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 08:49:45 PM »
Hello there.. I started some from seeds last year that was offered by sushi.  It had one bloom last year.  I believe I see it coming back this year and it looks like there might be more than one plant.  If you dont find seeds and want to wait for it to get a bit warmer here I would send ya a plant if it has more than one as it appears.

tink

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 09:49:50 AM »
Tink, I'd love a plant if you have an extra, I killed all the seedlings Karen Jenn sent me. :(  I've wanted N. pygmaea for years.

Could you use a Georgia Peach? I have two extra, they are just now waking up. I also have a red/rust daylily called Ruby Stella that is very similar to Stella D'Oro though a big bigger, long blooming like that though and more of the Mexican feather grass, can't remember if yours lived or not? I think they were too small.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 04:38:34 PM by LeeAnne151 »
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 07:08:32 PM »
hey leanne I would love to try some of the red lillies.. your others you sent me have multiplied and are stunning.  My mexican feather grass is huge but I live in fear each year it wont come back since its not suppose to be hardy in my zone and have read many in my zone say it will come back till it goes to seed then it will die but hopefully there will be other babies.  I just love it!

I dont really need any more hardy lillies but soon as this one is big enuff to tell whats in there I would send ya one.  I dont know how big they will get this year or how big there suppose to get but there is definately multiple plants coming up in the pot woohooo ;0

tinkster

Offline sushi

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 04:24:16 PM »
Tinkster, I'm so glad you have had success with the seeds.  I have seeds again although I did not collect them the same way as last time.  I wanted to ask Joyce about this.  The seeds before were brownish green (mostly brown)  The seeds I just collected are greenish brown (mostly green) I don't know if they are viable.   I can send out 3 sets if anyone wants to try them.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 05:23:19 PM »
Our spring has been typically cool and wet so the daylilies are barely poking up out of the soil, should be ready to ship in a couple of weeks. I dug them and divided them and potted them up into gallons last fall. They don't match my color scheme. The color is more orange than this picture, they clash with my magenta Knockout roses.

~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline petesfish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 08/04/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 05:57:39 PM »
Sushi,
    I would be willing to try those seeds.

Tinkster,
    Would love a plant just in case seeds are not viable.

I will PM you both with mailing address and ask about postage etc.

Pete

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 06:01:28 PM by petesfish »

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 10:44:30 AM »
I decided since pgymae was so small I would pot them up before I Sent to help and here they are.. they were not as small as I thought, there root systems would not fit in a cup.  I am gonna leave them in these andhopefully that will help them make the journeys better since they are small. 

tink

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"