Author Topic: New Pond Construction Photos  (Read 1841 times)

Offline joeskoi.com

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 24/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • JoesPonds.com
New Pond Construction Photos
« on: March 29, 2009, 11:12:35 AM »
Primary digging is basically complete on our new 8,000-gallon proper Koi pond, so we finally decided to post some photos to our website.  Depth on this pond, our last before moving to a new location, will be approximately 6.5'.  Additional photos and details regarding this pond build are available HERE.  More to come!

Offline ghall

• Members
  • With us since: 12/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Not exactly a new pond but
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 06:16:15 AM »
Hello there, I'm new here and just getting into the hobby. The home that I own has a pond that was filled in with dirt, I decided to uncover it and get it going. I'm looking for suggestions as to what I need next far as pump or filter. I have a neighbor that built a pond about a year ago and he isn't running any kind of pump or filter and says I don't need one. I have put some water in the pond and stocked it with a few gold fish for now. I'm not new to keeping fish, I have had fish tanks for 20 years at least, I have 4 tanks right now. I used the well established water from my fish tanks to fill the pond. I wish I could figure out how to post pics, I took a couple yesterday.

Offline frloplady

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: New Pond Construction Photos
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 08:01:25 AM »
you neighbor is working with a toilet as all the waste from the fish stays in the water.  If I were a fish I certainly wouldn't want it!

How big is the pond?  I assume it must be cement or it couldn't have gotten filled in where you could dig it back out?

Pictures always help!  Might start your own thread so it doesn't get lost with Joe's
Mary

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 08:05:59 PM »
Mary, if his neighbor's pond has the right amount of plants in it with goldfish, then he could get by without a pump.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline ghall

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 07:30:50 PM »
you neighbor is working with a toilet as all the waste from the fish stays in the water.  If I were a fish I certainly wouldn't want it!

How big is the pond?  I assume it must be cement or it couldn't have gotten filled in where you could dig it back out?

Pictures always help!  Might start your own thread so it doesn't get lost with Joe's

Thanks for the reply, yes the pond is cement it is kideny shaped 13x5x2 it is about 4'wide at the narrowest spot and maybe 5.5' at the widest it also slopes down from 1.5 to a little over 2'

Offline ghall

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 07:31:34 PM »

Thanks for the reply, yes the pond is cement it is kideny shaped 13x5x2 it is about 4'wide at the narrowest spot and maybe 5.5' at the widest it also slopes down from 1.5 to a little over 2'

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"