Author Topic: Susan Boyle  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Sonny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/10/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Susan Boyle
« on: April 14, 2009, 04:41:15 PM »
I love an underdog...  if you follow American Idol, America's Got Talent, or those types of talent shows please check out Susan Boyle when she appeared on Britain's Got Talent.  And if you like Les Miserables, all the better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnmbJzH93NU

She is wonderful!   o(:-)  I suspect I will buy a record of hers some day.
Jim

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Susan Boyle
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 04:46:58 PM »
Sonny, I watched that video last night, it was on my home news page!  She is awesome, nobody expected her to sing like that!  Bravo and good luck to her!  ;)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 04:53:52 PM »
I got goose bumps (and a few tears). :redface:
Jim

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 04:58:48 PM »
(Simon should have apologized!  ::)  ) She is AWESOME!  @O@
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 05:12:15 PM »
A star is born! Fabulous!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 05:15:05 PM »
(Simon should have apologized!  ::)  ) She is AWESOME!  @O@

Simon owes a lot of people apologies.   >:(-
Jim

Offline Lynda

• Members
  • With us since: 19/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 05:55:42 PM »
They did the same thing with a fantastic opera singer from Wales last year.  Paul Potts went on to win the whole thing and is touring all over Europe.  He also has a fabulous CD out.  I suspect that this lady will follow the same path - she is equally wonderful!  And I adore Les Miz!

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 03:56:02 PM »
OH MY WORD. I am just blown away. I can hardly see to type for the tears. The goosebumps were running rampant. It is so sad to see that amount of talent having gone by the wayside, undiscovered for so many years. I was just imagining what that crowd and the judges thought seeing her walk out, older than most of the contestants, plump, thinning hair, looking like somebody's mom or even granny. They thought because she hadn't made her way in the music world by now she must not really have anything special. Well she showed them. I suspect she gave up her "dream" for a family and now she has the time to commit to it. I hope if that is her dream, that she is able to realize it. She deserves it immensely. I was thrilled to watch the expressions of the judges and Simon again learned that first impressions aren't always right, pompous person!!! I'd just like to slap him.

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 04:31:27 PM »
She is so unassuming and likeable.  I thought she was beautiful just the way she was.  Bushy eyebrows and all.

And I couldn't imagine having that talent bottled up for 47 years.  Must have been frustrating.

But I think she's got an inner diva that is about to explode.  Which is fine with me.   :worship:
Jim

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 05:26:34 PM »
Awsome.  Remember that man who was equally not-great looking, including horrible teeth, and the judges were snickering amongst themselves, and the guy turned out to be FANTASTIC!?  I think I like him even better than Susan Boyle.  I'm sure he's gone on to great things.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 06:00:34 PM »
I heard a little bit of it on the news, and I thought wow.  Now that I got to see it all, WOW WOW WOW.  She's amazing, a true angel. 

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 05:17:30 PM »
I loved this. And Simon needs to eat crow. And she said she had never even been kissed before. What a jewel she is.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 08:26:54 PM »
I tear up everytime I see that video.  It's so easy to prejudge someone by their appearance.

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Lynda

• Members
  • With us since: 19/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 08:41:53 PM »
Awsome.  Remember that man who was equally not-great looking, including horrible teeth, and the judges were snickering amongst themselves, and the guy turned out to be FANTASTIC!?  I think I like him even better than Susan Boyle.  I'm sure he's gone on to great things.

Paul Potts has gone on to success - he's been touring Europe, and he has a CD out that is quite good.  I got it on Amazon.

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 02:56:58 PM »
It's so easy to prejudge someone by their appearance.
That seems to be the California state motto.... ::)
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 04:55:24 PM »
Susan made a reording of "Cry Me a river" ten years ago for a charity CD limited release.  Did prety good too!
Hear it at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/04/16/exclusive-susan-boyle-s-first-ever-song-release-revealed-listen-to-it-here-86908-21283564/

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 05:04:20 PM »
Susan made a reording of "Cry Me a river" ten years ago for a charity CD limited release.  Did prety good too!
Hear it at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/04/16/exclusive-susan-boyle-s-first-ever-song-release-revealed-listen-to-it-here-86908-21283564/
She's got a beautiful voice, so pure.  Thanks for the link!
Jim

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 06:39:15 PM »
I can't stop listening... and become more impressed.  IMHO she's on par with Barbara Streisand and Judy Garland   o(:-)
Jim

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 03:39:55 PM »
I shed a tear or two, or maybe a few more when i first heard her. she has a devine voice, and i cant wait till she puts out a cd. hip hip hooray for the underdog, and simon is a jerk.

louis

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"