Author Topic: Braeden went home  (Read 5064 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Braeden went home
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2009, 07:26:18 PM »
Thanks everyone for your comforting words. Yes, it is a wonderful to know Braeden is happy and healthy now, with no more suffering or sadness. We have anticipated this day with both relief and sadness for a long time. We also know that God does all things well so have no doubt that things have been accomplished for His glory that we may never know. It certainly has been and will be a time of testing of our faith. I keep thinking of that story about the two sets of footprints in the sand as the person walks with God and then when things got rough, there was one set. The person asked God why when he needed Him most there was only one set of prints. God told him, "That was when I carried you." Yup, He's had his arms full.

Offline rdrboone

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »
Esther,
My heart breaks for you and your family.  Please accept my deepest sympathy.
Ruth
Ruth

Offline LBAK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2009, 05:32:43 AM »
I don't usually post but I have been following Braeden. I am so sorry for your loss. My DD,13 decided she' was going to do her community service for National Honor Society based on Braedens journey. She is now going into Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and working in PEDS. with a child that has neuroblastoma. So thank you Braeden for opening our eyes and helping others that truely need it. My prayers go out to Dawn and Kevin and the other children.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »
Oh you guys!!!! How can I see to type?? First this morning in church, I didn't make it through the song service as the congregation was led to sing, "It is well, with my soul."  I can see my dad time after time when he sang that down through the years with tears streaming down his face and with a crack in his voice, lifting his wet face skyward, praising his Maker and thanking Him for the opportunity to make it "well with his soul".  And now reading all your wonderful remarks and comforting words has set me off again.

We wanted so much to bring the knowledge of this terrible childhood illness to the forefront of everyone we could. Everyone has heard of prostate cancer, thyroid cancer, skin cancer, colon cancer, ovarian cancer, lung cancer, and most of all breast cancer. I suppose that is natural because there are so many cases of it and because most of them only attack adults and many adults. Neuroblastoma attacks children and the average age is 2 when it is discovered. There have been cases of a 12 day old baby being diagnosed and older children too. There are about 650 cases in the US so because it is so uncommon, it is underfunded and under researched. But it kills more children every year than many of the well known children's diseases that we hear about all the time. This disease is very difficult to treat as it doesn't seem to respond to the same meds or treatment types, the same in each patient. What cures one child doesn't even faze the next. It almost seems to be a situation of educated guesses because of that.

LBAK, you have blown me away with the story of your daughter's effort to volunteer with a Neuroblastoma patient. I am so grateful that our story has touched her to the point that she wants to do something to help a child with this illness. This is exactly what we had hoped to do, get the information about this horrid disease going around the world. Maybe we will be instrumental in spreading the word and getting contributions going, which will enable the world of research, to at least become more educated about it and wouldn't it be great if they would FIND A CURE!!!

Give your daughter a big hug for us and make sure she knows what a wonderful thing she is attempting to do. Tell her not to be afraid of these sick kids. She cannot contract this illness. She just needs to make sure she uses the hand sanitizer before entering the room so as not to take any germs in with her. I'm sure the hospital staff will train her with the procedures. After she has spent some time with the patients, I'd love to have you give us a shout here on the chat side and tell us about her experience. She will be a shining example of selflessness to us. Hopefully this will solidify a spirit of helpfulness in her heart that will follow her the rest of her life.

Offline -Greg-

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Casa de Gunkel
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2009, 02:06:40 PM »
Esther, my family thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We are very sorry for your loss and pray that you find comfort knowing that he is no longer in pain, but is rejoicing in the light!

Greg

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2009, 03:34:47 PM »
We went down to our boys Church where they were baptized last Sunday, Easter.  Their own decision. They're own free will.  DH and I have been going there the past 3 weeks, but the kids a couple years now.  I'm so very proud of them both.

Braeden was on my mind all last evening and this morning too.  One of the songs sang about the streets of gold (Victory in Jesus) (one of my all time favs too), tears started streaming.  DH and I ended up moving our letter to that church today.  I called and quit my bingo today, I just couldn't work for a thief any longer.  So Braeden touched me very deep, and helped me get myself back in church to stay.  It will also be a shock to my parents, me leaving the church I grew up in, however this is in walking distance too. 

Braeden will always been in my heart

Kimberly

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2009, 05:04:09 PM »
Esther there is nothing I can say that can bring you or your family the comfort that you are already finding in your faith, but know that I'm thinking of you and Kevin and Dawn and all the rest of your family and praying that you continue to find peace thru your faith and that your faith remains strong.  Bless all of you for going thru this painful and difficult time and holding each other tighter instead of pushing each other away.  Knowing that Braeden is in a better place doesn't stop the pain and now you and Pete and Kevin and Dawn must help the rest of the young ones understand what has happened and help them deal with it.  Wishing you all the strength you need to get thru the next painful part of this journey.

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2009, 06:58:37 PM »
Esther, I have been thinking of you and your family.  May God bless you all.  At last, Braeden is no longer in pain and can now enjoy his life with God along side him.

Kuan

Offline mcp

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2009, 08:25:32 PM »
Esther and family,
My Sincerest condolences and deepest sympathy. Though we have never met in person I have come to know you and your family through your posts. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. o(:-)
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2009, 08:38:13 PM »
Esther,
  I was wondering if anyone plans to set up a Neuroblastoma memorial in Braeden's name? I would certainly be interested in donating to it and I bet others here would be too. We could make sure we put ' an American Ponder' on our donation so people can see just how much Braeden has touched lives across the world through you and this website.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2009, 09:01:03 PM »
CAth, there is a link to the Neuroblastoma Foundation on my posts I believe. Now I'm going to have to look to be sure. Anyway, when you get there, and if you decide to donate, I'm almost certain there'll be a place to indicate who it is in honor/memory of. Yup, you can do that. UM, if you want a notification sent, I'll forward it to Dawn and Kevin. estherwaayenberg@netzero.com
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:08:13 PM by Esther »

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2009, 07:30:29 AM »
Hugs to you and yours, Esther.  :hug:

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2009, 09:29:45 AM »
Oh, Esther, how sad.  I'm so sorry.  But what a miracle that Braeden's parents woke up and went to him in the night, to spend the last moments together.  I know that was meaningful to little Braeden.   [color]

Offline Bartman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2009, 02:20:06 PM »
My Sincerest Condolences to you and your family.  Even though everyone has been aware of where things were heading the last little bit it is still difficult.  Always praying for that miracle... But God does answer prayer and sometimes the answer is no.  It is unimaginable for me to begin to know how you are all feeling and able to deal with this.  You are all in my thoughts through this difficult time.

Bart

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2009, 01:41:30 PM »
Esther, I'm so sorry I did not see this sooner I'm in DC babysitting and have had very little internet time.  Please accept my late condolances, you and your family have been so strong throughout this major trial God has given you and you have proven your faith over and over.  I know for sure I will be giving my grandaughters an extra big hug tonight, they both say they are sorry also and we will pray for Braedon tonight, big hugs to you and your family.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Monica

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2009, 06:55:10 PM »
I feel so sorry for you and your family right now i don't even know what to say.  In the past I have read post about the little guy being sick and constantly fighting for his life but i was absolutly devistated to read that he lost the battle.  I am so sorry and my prayers are with you and your family.  I know there is nothing that can be said to make your heart stop hurting but your are loved and he is no longer in pain.  My sincerest condolences.
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"