Author Topic: Would love to trade perennials or send postage for topwater floating plants  (Read 933 times)

Offline kvalentz

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Hi,
I need some floating plants for my small pond. I just got it cleaned out and put in the Algeafix but I know it won't be long before the algea starts again. I have lots of perennials to trade (12 beds) or I will send postage. I will trade you my husband if neither of those will do,  lol
 I would love to try some water poppy and azolla. I have gotten some frogbit, water lilies, water lettuce and hyacinth in trades so far.  I am in NE Ohio and it is ok to send any of these things to me, and also my pond is not connected to any water source. Please just ask me for the plants you are wanting, chances are I have it.  Thank you,
Kathy o(
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 09:27:45 PM by kvalentz »
Kathy

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Would love to trade perennials for topwater floating plants
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 09:22:10 AM »
Kathy - Mosaic plant is very touchy.  It's the only plant I have that will go semi-dormant here (I live in Hawaii).  It wants minimum 75* water and air temps or it will start to decline.  You'll need to fertilize it at least every month, it's a heavy feeder, just like water lilies.  Also when you ship it it will lose most of it's leaves.  If you're still interested please PM me.
Tammie

Offline kvalentz

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 11:34:47 AM »
Tammy,
  Thank you for your information.  I had seen one in a large water garden in Cleveland a few years ago.  It was about 5 foot around, and looked like stained glass, I was in love........
  I will not try it here, I would hate to kill it.  I wonder if they take it inside in the winter?
Thank you, Kathy
Kathy

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 05:10:19 PM »
Mine has filled a 10' pool... I just can't throw it away!  Let me know, probably in June, if you want to give it a try.  June should be about right for the temps.  I don't know about bringing it in for the winter.  I think Lawanna was putting it in her greenhouse, but has given up now. 
You just let me know, okay?
Tammie

Offline kvalentz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 10:41:59 PM »
That sounds great!  Does yours turn colors?  I will set a reminder on my calendar on here.  Thank you so much.  I have Multiple Sclerosis and spend as much of my time as I can outside, and most of that sitting by my pond.  I live on a Nature Concervancy where I rent a cabin and the wildlife just loves the pond.
Kathy
Kathy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"