Author Topic: i feel bad about this - but - i want to meet a single guy into ponds&gardens  (Read 13756 times)

Offline britishcolumbia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
 :o
 o(:-)
its embarrassing... where is the singles thread?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:08:58 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Nothing embarrassing about wanting to find a guy that's into ponding............they are the best. o(:-)

:welcome: to the forum.

Good luck. :)

Karen

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
oh thank you for saying so... im feeling better already karen!

i went to a singles site & i could not find a guy who likes to do stuff in the yard!

i gave up.  theres nothing for me over there.

so here i am!!!
 :D

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Best of luck.  There must be tons out there. o(:-)
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
thnx jerry!
sure hope so darlin!

Heres a copy of my profile on the singlessite:
"like to get dirty (steadyon) diggin,growing fruit&veg&hedge,making it pretty. 1,watergardens,stone&brickwork,ponds, stucco,tile,archways,fountains,birdbaths,cement,sunrooms! 2,woodstove/fireplace important -natural gas will never work!"

You would think i would get s/one compatible? 
Got contacts but: Not one of them ever had a garden or fountain - nothing
Im like, "But do you even like digging outside, at all?!?"
Cannot even do a search by interest (such as "garden" "watergarden" "fountain" "rock" "brick" "ceramic")

I thought to mself,
Damn if im getting a guy that doesnt like workin again! 

so then i got a brainwave!  find a site with people who like working outside!  so here i am. 
;D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:54:04 AM by britishcolumbia »

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
I may be way out of line, but who knows. Our "Michael" (blind too)  is a smart and good looking dude. Available too...I think.

Although this site is free, me and Sean get a small fee for this! lol
Kidding!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Rather than trying the singles scene I would suggest picking up a part-time job at a nursery or volunteer at a botanical garden in your area.  In any event, happy fishing...........  By the way, my wife absolutely hates gardening but she enjoys the fruits of my labor (pond & garden) and also loves to go on garden tours and visit botanical gardens.

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
at the singlessite... those ones dont want to work outside ... they want to go skiing&waterskiing&hockey -
bor-ring!

they dont want to dig,
throw rocks,
get dirty,
grow stuff,
make stuff,
or have water features! 

&, most of em dont even get up in the morning!

>:(
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:24:19 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
mike,
done that, working on this thing here, which is seperate.  i can try both methods i reckon. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:26:19 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
Mike is in So California, Temecula.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
jerry,
i know your teasing me.
but im serious.
when i find mr right we can post "SuccessStories" like they do on the singlessites.
 :D
a pond&watergarden group meets here, but im still waiting to hear back.  story of my life.  this is real time 24/7. 

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
After being married for 21 years and getting a divorce, I was seriously out of the dating loop. It seemed the only place to meet women my age was at a bar. So you see a woman and think "she's pretty."

You buy her drinks, get her number, arrange a date. Three dates later, you find out that she's a liberal and you are conservative. She is a member of PETA and you like to fish. she is a vegan and you love steak, you get the idea. You have nothing in common, just were attracted to their looks so your looking at a pond site makes great sence, at least you would have this in common.

After meeting a wide variety of totally insane women at the local bars, on a lark I tried Dreammates.com an internet dating service. The profile is very detailed but that pays off. You answer a large array of questions such as I'm usually early, late or on time.

You choose from a large variety of interest, I like dogs, cats, motorcyles, the beach, canoeing, nature, camping and so on. It is very detailed and when you finish they tell you that personals with pictures get 40% more response so I gritted my teeth and chose my least offensive picture.

When I finished and hit "submit" in a nanosecond, the computer listed three women per page that matched my interests. the rank from the highest to lowest, the top hit was a 78 % match. Too far away to actually be feasible.

Lo and behold, a woman sent me a message and said that I matched her interests 100%! I clicked on her name and she matched me by 99%, the only thing that didn't match exactly was the distance that she lived from me, about 85 miles when I had listed 30 as the limit.

It took months of emails, IM's and begging but I finally got her to give me her phone number, she just wanted to be careful. By this time, I was beginning to wonder if she was actually a man because she wouldn't let me hear her voice. They do have a way to not show your phone number but she wouldn't even do that.

Finally, she consented to meet me in Galveston. She later told me that was so that she could dash away and have time to loose me in the traffic if I was a lunatic. One year from the date that we actually met face to face, we were married on Galveston Island and that is my wife today, the love of my life.

We had a lot to build on with so much in common and if we are blessed to live into our old age and the shine is gone from our looks we will still have a lot of things that we enjoy doing together.

Conway Twitty said..

"When a whole lot of Decembers are showing in your face,

Your auburn hair has faded and silver takes it's place,

You'll still be just as lovely and I'll still be around,

And Darlin if I'm able, I'd still love to lay you down."

Good idea looking here, I hope you meet someone who enjoys the same things and everyone here is very nice.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile

Good idea looking here, I hope you meet someone who enjoys the same things and everyone here is very nice.

bullfrog,
sweet story & v encouraging.  thanks v much. 
 :)

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
Love it Bullfrog!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline newbieincaliprincess

• Members
  • With us since: 27/04/2009
    • View Profile
Some times they can be brought to the Dark green side lol  {:-P;;

My guy was the A typical skater boy/ mechanic. :-\ He had never done much out side of working on cars and Q ing in the back yard >:( and was shocked the first summer we lived together to hear me making mental plans for a veggie garden! :D 2 years later and he is starting to enjoy the patio, flowers, humming birds, and fruits and veggies of course were both pieces so we both LOVE the pond too. @O@ Now we have begun a new pattern ever day I rush home fly through the house kiss him on the way and shoot out to the yard to check on my babies! after the watering is done and any danger of me asking him to "move this for me" or "take that to the trash yah?" is past ::) he will come out with me and enjoy the sunshine and flowers. In fact a month ago his grandmother gave me some rose cutting. Yesterday we found a rose bud  :o @O@ :o. Trust me they don't have to be TOTALLY into it (that way might just be better. that way your not fighting him over how you see the garden VS how he sees it). My love of nature turned out to be infectious! Of course I am still trying to talk him into enjoying really getting in there and getting dirty he's a bit ocd lol while I like to really GET in there with my hands and feet and come out covered in mud! The only way to go for me! he prefers to have silly things like shoes on  ::)  lol what can I say I'm an oakie... a latin oakie  lol If you do end up with a non cultivating guy my suggestion is to plant his favorite fruit or veggie then cook/ serve it to him because our mothers were right. The fastest way to a man's heart is through his tummy!  GL!

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Our "Michael" (blind too)  is a smart and good looking dude.

ha....what Jerry has neglected to say is that he forgot to put "ass" after smart, and that he is supposed to be wearing corrective eyewear!

You know, until I bought this house you couldn't get me to plant anything....now I know what a perennial is!  I used to kill plastic plants...and I thought a perennial was that little chocolate candy with the white sprinkles on it. lol

Dating sites are a pain, I can tell you first hand.  Not saying it never works, but I personally feel that the whole internet dating thing is too much of a business instead of a way to connect two wires hoping for a spark.   The problem I see is that too often people think they can find their "perfect" person, and they "refuse to settle" until they find them.  Most people think that if they like 6' tall guys, or petite women, that anything less than 6' or bigger than a size 2 is "settling".  They think that a six figure income makes the man a better person than someone who makes a buck, three-ninety-five at the local auto center.  And education...don't get me started!  Some people think that having an education is paramount, but I've seen some dumb people with degrees who couldn't figure their way out of a paper bag without consulting their staff.  If someone who leads a questionable life, don't "settle" just because you're lonely.  If someone is into drugs and you're against it...don't "settle".  If they're abusive or mean... don't settle.  But you don't like their shoes and you call that settling?  It reminds me of George Castanza on Seinfeld where he wanted to know if the girl had long, flowing hair that you can run your hands through, but not get them tangled, before he agreed to meet her!  LOL

I met a woman once who was referencing the movie "The Notebook" in her ad, and how she thought that would be so romantic to find someone like that....yet she had $100k and a doctorate degree as the minimum because she feels that those are important qualities.  If you ever saw "The Notebook" you realize that she obviously didn't pay attention to the story!  lol

So I don't blame you...there's nothing wrong with meeting someone where you didn't expect to, especially if that venue happens to be something you both enjoy.

okay, off my soapbox.  I now return you to your regularly scheduled forum....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 11:49:51 AM by Blind 'Too »
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
Some times they can be brought to the Dark green side lol  {:-P;;

hmmm... this is good information to have....

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
Dating sites are a pain, I can tell you first hand. 

blind 'too,
tell me about it.  i could just go off.  90% are morons.  its not the ideal way to meet someone thats for sure. 

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
Where's Gary?? He's single and loves to pond and work in the yard.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
Where's Gary?? He's single and loves to pond and work in the yard.

lol

i never guessed i would have this much help gettin a date!
what a great idea!
& here i just thought my post would be lost in the threads!
 @O@

« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 07:00:04 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    • View Profile
This could be better than watching a soap opera  ;D I hope you find Mr Right here and if so do we all get to come to the wedding?

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
 ;D ;D ;D
 ;) ;) ;)
 :D :D :D
 @O@
jw,
im gettin jiggy just thinking about it -my wedding I mean- LOL!
 8-)~
 o(:-)
 :hug:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 06:31:46 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline newbieincaliprincess

• Members
  • With us since: 27/04/2009
    • View Profile
lol

i never guessed i would have this much help gettin a date!
that was a good idea!
and here i just thought my post would be lost in the threads!
 @O@

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well why not! Who doesn't like playing cupid!

Of course I can't speak for any one else on this forum

but I myself am a buys body and simply like to stick my nose in other peoples business!  lol (kidding! I'm new too so hopefully that won't get any body acting like this little dude>  >:(-)

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
OK Time for a few photos. hint hint hint!
Here is mine just to break the ice...
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    • View Profile
I'll admit that I got very lucky when I met my wife on an internet dating service but we both believe that it was more than that, it was fate, just mean't to be. We just had to get old enough and go through enough bad relationships to recognize and appreciate when you meet a good person. Before her, most of the hits were not really worth fooling with. I was 46 at the time and one hit I got was from an 18 year old girl in Louisiana. She said, "age is just a number." I told her that when she was 38 and reaching her sexual prime I'd be 66 and a grey haired old man, dig those numbers.  :D

Internet dating does have it's share of losers but you also have to imagine that there are some good, decent ones out there also, my wife is proof of that. It's the weeding out process that sucks. I do hope that you meet someone, if it happened here that would be great.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    • View Profile
of course, Bullfrog, and I don't mean to rain on your parade.  At the risk of sounding like I'm whining, I fall into one of those categories that gets very little attention: I'm under 5'10" tall.  Most profiles have a "minimum height" that I will never achieve, even women that are 5'2" always say "that's just my preference".  As if they'd even know it if they met a guy at the grocery store and he was only 5'9"!  lol

I was on one site that listed how many times a profile had been browsed...one woman had over 20,000 hits, and yet not one of those guys was good enough for her.  As I mentioned, some people don't know the difference between contentment and settling, and they will spend the rest of their life checking to see if the grass is greener.  These days, a lot of women my age think they're popular because the 20 something guys are hitting on them, but where do they think those guys will be in 10 years?  Hitting on the 20 something women because they don't want to be with a 60 year old!   lol
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
Join a gardening club, get involved in ecology issues (clean ups, etc.), go to the nature center's lectures, and volunteer to help on things.  Also join on-line groups, and hopefully one that's local to your area.  You meet better people, and see their "true colors" when you're working side by side, or going to monthly meetings regularly, rather than going on a "date," which has so much pressure.

And - welcome to the forum!

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
LOL!
jerry,
now u r a merciless tease!
 ;D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 06:41:24 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
[...]dig those numbers.  :D

Internet dating does have it's share of losers but you also have to imagine that there are some good, decent ones out there also, my wife is proof of that. It's the weeding out process that sucks. I do hope that you meet someone, if it happened here that would be great.

ah yes, the weedin&diggin

am v encouraged by your example!
dreams are possible....
 :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 07:00:57 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile

Heres a copy of my profile on the singlessite:
"Like to get dirty (steadyon) diggin,growin fruit&veg&hedge,makin it pretty. 1,watergardens,stone&brickwork,ponds, stucco,tile,archways,fountains,birdbaths,cement,sunrooms! 2,woodstove/fireplace important -natural gas will never work!"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"