Author Topic: i feel bad about this - but - i want to meet a single guy into ponds&gardens  (Read 13760 times)

Offline britishcolumbia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Join a gardening club [...]go to the nature center's lectures, and volunteer [...]  Also join on-line groups [...]

good ideas...  thats why i am here... the online group, is there another one for canada? i cant find it....; and besides, to my knowledge, there isnt a better one (unless im missing something). 
 :)
& while there was a local Pond & Water Garden Club, theyve been defunct since apx 2002: i cannot find them online after 2002 & the email addressee is not responding to my emails.   

i think its a matter of finding the right group, & that isnt as easy it might sound- there are a few local groups, but they arent like the "garden club" my parents belonged to growing up... its something else entirely -but thats a whole other cana worms.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 12:47:16 AM by britishcolumbia »

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Welcome and good luck.. this is such a neat thread.    Blindtoo is a "cutie'  and you should read the romantic things he does!  I just hope someone doesnt whisk him away from us here.. he's such fun

tink

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
thx tinkster.  is it neat?  really?  i thought it was sort of weird & desperate.  lol

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Several years back a young gay officer stepped into my office to chat and was bemoaning the fact that most of the really good looking officers on the department were not gay.  I busted out laughing and shared with him that just the day before a single female officer came into the office and was complaining that that so many of the really cute men she runs in to were not interested in her because they were gay.....
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
mike,
not sure how to take that.  perhaps i am not subtle enough to determine ... um...  all i can say is, well..., er, nothing!
oh well, nevermind!  ... and now for my standard default line:

here is my standard default:

Heres a copy of my profile on the singlessite:
"Like to get dirty (steadyon) diggin,growin fruit&veg&hedge,makin it pretty. 1,watergardens,stone&brickwork,ponds, stucco,tile,archways,fountains,birdbaths,cement,sunrooms! 2,woodstove/fireplace important -natural gas will never work!"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Heres a copy of my profile on the singlessite:
"Like to get dirty (steadyon) diggin,growin fruit&veg&hedge,makin it pretty. 1,watergardens,stone&brickwork,ponds, stucco,tile,archways,fountains,birdbaths,cement,sunrooms! 2,woodstove/fireplace important -natural gas will never work!"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 01:15:44 AM by britishcolumbia »

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
of course, Bullfrog, and I don't mean to rain on your parade.  At the risk of sounding like I'm whining, I fall into one of those categories that gets very little attention: I'm under 5'10" tall.  Most profiles have a "minimum height" that I will never achieve, even women that are 5'2" always say "that's just my preference".  As if they'd even know it if they met a guy at the grocery store and he was only 5'9"! 

Understood completely, there are a lot more loosers than there are winners on the dating sites. I'm about 5'5" and my wife is the same height. If a woman listed a height requirment  she isn't worth looking into in my opinion. Or a minimum salary requirment, that's the one I'd click past real fast. There are some real whackos on the net but there are also some good people. I do feel that sometime you get a glimpse of what really makes a person tick on the internet if they are telling the truth and I have heard of some success stories but there are many more horror stories, I'm sure.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
not sure how to take that.
What I'm saying is that there are plenty of guys out there who are interested in the same things you are......however, finding them may be another story.... but it seems like you are on a mission and leaving no pond stone unturned....  ;)

Offline Bartman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
www.eharmony.ca

Took 30 minutes or more to pour through all the questions only to get the response that I fell into the 20% bracket that they couldn't help!  Now, that was depressing.

Bart

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
I'm under 5'10" tall.  Most profiles have a "minimum height" that I will never achieve, even women that are 5'2" always say "that's just my preference".

"[...]I'm about 5'5" and my wife is the same height. If a woman listed a height requirment  she isn't worth looking into in my opinion. Or a minimum salary requirment, that's the one I'd click past real fast. There are some real whackos on the net but there are also some good people. I do feel that sometime you get a glimpse of what really makes a person tick on the internet if they are telling the truth and I have heard of some success stories [..]."

how about the ones stating only "petite slim woman under 5'5"" need apply.  - if i have "curves".  - what my exact measurements are -my waist in inches - one guy said his ex was "95 pounds" i said honey i was 95 pounds when i was 10!  then he says - "well my first wife was 5 foot 10 inches & 120 pounds".  - or the ones that insist they have to meet you after one email -at night!  its creepy and bizarre.  and well, bad manners.  theres all types.  thats not my focus.  & like bullfrog says, "you get a glimpse of what makes a person tick on the internet". 

i will find the right group in my community eventually -but it isnt easy bc to my knowledge- we dont have one.   
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:39:16 AM by britishcolumbia »

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
oh bartman!  now THATS depressing.   do i laugh or cry?   :'( :-\

would it be too personal to ask for an elaboration?  eharmony claims they cannot help 20% of people?  thats fresh.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:27:56 AM by britishcolumbia »

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
not sure how to take that.
What I'm saying is that there are plenty of guys out there who are interested in the same things you are......however, finding them may be another story.... but it seems like you are on a mission and leaving no pond stone unturned....  ;)

leaving no pond stone unturned....  ;)

;)  well i sure hope u r right about that there are lots of pond people!  thats hopeful.

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I know this shouldn't be funny, but every time I come here, you are sitting on this thread Britishcolumbia... ;D

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
ya i am starting to bore myself!!!   

8-)~

funny story:
at the hair salon - if they get too busy they direct customers outside - & theres this SPEC-TAC-LAr pond: i say, "OH WOW, Who did this?!" 

she says, "oh that. my ex. some people never grow up!"
   lol lol lol
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 03:35:54 AM by britishcolumbia »

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
Hmmmmmmmm..................Bart is 44 and in Saskatchewan................ Britishcolumbia is 43, I wonder how long it takes to cross Alberta. ;)

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
16 hours from Vancouver to Swift Current if you drive right through, longer if you make a lot of pit stops.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
I'm under 5'10" tall.  Most profiles have a "minimum height" that I will never achieve, even women that are 5'2" always say "that's just my preference".

"[...]I'm about 5'5" and my wife is the same height. If a woman listed a height requirment  she isn't worth looking into in my opinion. Or a minimum salary requirment, that's the one I'd click past real fast. There are some real whackos on the net but there are also some good people. I do feel that sometime you get a glimpse of what really makes a person tick on the internet if they are telling the truth and I have heard of some success stories [..]."

how about the ones stating only "petite slim woman under 5'5"" need apply.  - if i have "curves".  - what my exact measurements are -my waist in inches - one guy said his ex was "95 pounds" i said honey i was 95 pounds when i was 10!  then he says - "well my first wife was 5 foot 10 inches & 120 pounds".  - or the ones that insist they have to meet you after one email -at night!  its creepy and bizarre.  and well, bad manners.  theres all types.  thats not my focus.  & like bullfrog says, "you get a glimpse of what makes a person tick on the internet". 

If a woman measures a man by how tall he stands or how big his salary is, she isn't worth wasting your time over. The same goes for men, if they measure you by your waist size in inches they are pretty shallow people. Don't let them get you down. My mother was really large when she got older but she was solid gold. You'll find someone and it will probably happen when you aren't looking.

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
Don't let them get you down. [...] You'll find someone and it will probably happen when you aren't looking.

ya, i reckon so.

Offline kaz

• Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    • View Profile
What a brilliant thread... I could learn a thing or 2 here!!!

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
funny karen...  :)

well i learned its 16h from here to saskatchewan. but i am on vancouver island, so add another 3 hours for that.

& where is the elusive "gary"?  where are these single guys hiding anyway?  lurking shyly in the background ...

karen! must enlist your expertise in the forum!  match all the single pondpeople up.  :hug:

Offline mascot

• Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    • View Profile
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
I think Gary is "Gander" and on the East Coast of USA.
Another good looking dude!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
I was thinking of Bart the entire time I was reading this thread.

Britishcolumbia, do you like Star Trek? ??? 
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
I was thinking of Bart the entire time I was reading this thread.

Britishcolumbia, do you like Star Trek? ??? 

well LeeAnne151, i used to watch it with my daddy all the time when i was a little girl...  my favourite character was Spock.  but now im all grown my favourite character is Cap'n Kirk.  hey! do you like new Kirk or old Kirk?  i like new kirk, too, chris pine, a great actor, i saw him in a great movie called SmokinAces (he played the crazy redneck who abuses Ben Afflecks mouth) but not as much as William Shatner in that role.  i like chris pine but i like shatner best in that particular role.  but chris pine was incredible in SmokinAces. unbeatable.  why is there a startrek thing going on...?  im new here.

p.s. i see we are from the same neck of the woods.  i always felt that Oregon is very similar to BC...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 09:47:01 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
What a brilliant thread... I could learn a thing or 2 here!!!
Kaz: My guess is a cruise ship captain will fall for you and you will convince him to convert one of the ship's pools into a pond.....

Offline kaz

• Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    • View Profile
Mikey... that is an almost perfect idea... but I just couldn't be asked to gown up for dinner every night!  Keep the suggestions flooding in though ;)

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Gown up?  Surely a British term.  Here we say Gown down! lol o(:-)
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Bart likes Star Trek (so do I)

Bart is single, Canadian and loves ponds and gardens. and Star Trek.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline mascot

• Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    • View Profile
Gown up?  Surely a British term.  Here we say Gown down! lol o(:-)

One line I heard in a movie I always thought was funny:

A guy met a girl in a stunning dress at a party and he said to her, "That dress would look incredible on the floor next to my bed".  (or something thereof)

I know, raunchy, but it just cracked me up!
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Bartman

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
oh bartman!  now THATS depressing.   do i laugh or cry?   :'( :-\

would it be too personal to ask for an elaboration?  eharmony claims they cannot help 20% of people?  thats fresh.

My account is closed there, but basically that is what it says.  You go through all the personality stuff then when you click, "Find my Match" it says they are sorry, but they have no matches and 20% of the people they can't match.  I guess as more people fill out the information it would have more to draw on and you could get better odds later on.  I could still read my personality profile and I would say it was very accurate in that regard, just no one was looking for that personality I guess!

Bart

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
Bart: The reason they couldn't find a match for you was because you were looking for a gal with 70 million dollars in her bank account.....   ;) :D

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"