Author Topic: i feel bad about this - but - i want to meet a single guy into ponds&gardens  (Read 13737 times)

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Here is Capt Kirk today.  Who would have thought this thread would have such legs?\
Yes Michael I have heard that line, a good one!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:41:52 AM by Jerry »
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Bart: The reason they couldn't find a match for you was because you were looking for a gal with 70 million dollars in her bank account.....   ;) :D
I would have "settled" for a gal with only 10 mil in assets!  lol

Honestly, one woman wasn't interested in me because I didn't make $75k or more, but she only made about $37k.  I asked her why she had that criteria and she said that most guys she goes out with expect her to pay for everything.  I told her, it's not the income you need to worry about...it's the type of guy you're choosing! 
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline mascot

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Jerry...one of my friends is a regular on that show (Boston Legal), he's a character actor, usually shows up on commercials, sitcoms, and a few other shows here and there.  He was on an episode of Two and a Half Men recently, I see him all over.

I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline britishcolumbia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Honestly, one woman wasn't interested in me because I didn't make $75k or more, but she only made about $37k.

OKOK I know - None of my business BUT - i have never ever had a discussion about money ever w the dating site: kind o wonderin how THAT subject was causually broached...!?!  did u 2 date for "awhile" - honestly i just have to know - am v intrigued to know how THIS came up.  now im starting to think maybe i could - to quote kaz - "learn a thing or 2 here"?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 05:11:29 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
well, many of the dating sites have "income criteria" (as well as education, height, smoking, drinking, status, etc) and you wouldn't believe how many women actually have $150,000+ as a minimum income requirement.  Most are at $75k and up, some start it at $100k, but this is before you even get to the point of getting to know the woman...it's in her profile that you must make at least that.

I remember seeing ads where the woman insisted that the guy was a homeowner, and if not she wasn't interested.  Once I bought my house, I didn't want to tell anyone that I bought it!  lol

I'm not kidding you, I've seen women who were 4'10" with a minimum height requirement of 6' for the guy, women who make less than $50k with an income requirement of twice that.

After all, this is Plasticfornia down here...

I'll be honest, I can understand a woman wanting to date a guy who is at least 2 or 3 inches taller, or that he has a respectable income and isn't a french fry maker at a fast food joint for minimum wage at 45 years old, but some of the expectations are too petty.  If you don't like tattoos or body piercings, okay, that's reasonable.  But his hair is the wrong color?  He likes seafood and you like Mexican so it's not a match???   What has this world come to?

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
I LOVED Boston Legal and can't believe they cancelled it. Shatner was hilarious as Denny Crane.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
How do people feel about prenuptial agreements?  I recall when a former co-worker became engaged and she had her fiancé sign a prenuptial agreement.  She owned a big bucks home, $900K at the time, but other than that she had no money except her retirement.  I thought it odd because in my opinion she was sending a signal that she didn't really trust him.  As it turned out, his mom fell in her house while visiting them and after they called off the engagement his mom turned around and sued my former co-worker....  Kind of sounds like a BlindToo moment....
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
hey hey HEY!  I was miles away at the time and I don't care what anybody says I didn't push no one!  lol

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
I think Gary is "Gander" and on the East Coast of USA.
Another good looking dude!

Yep, he's the one but he's actually in Oklahoma. ;)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
well, many of the dating sites have "income criteria" (as well as education, height, smoking, drinking, status, etc) and you wouldn't believe how many women actually have $150,000+ as a minimum income requirement.  Most are at $75k and up, some start it at $100k, but this is before you even get to the point of getting to know the woman...it's in her profile that you must make at least that.

HOLY MACARONI!!!  thats so bizarre i am actually speechless 9 which never happens to me. 

pause.  i have to digest this.

i am on a free site and none of that stuff comes up.  its general and all i get is general ness - if they want to get personal its about what i look like.  but generally people do not ask that stuff .... wonder if the infamous canadian "reserve"... the canadian "cool"...  never heardo a/thing remotely resembling this.  i can see how this trend would be extremely disturbing.  to say the least. 

in honour of this i shall quote a v rich american, mr kenny rogers:
Money talks
but it dont sing & dance & it dont walk
id much rather have ya here with me
id much rather be
forever in blue jeans babe
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 08:01:25 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
I think Gary is "Gander" and on the East Coast of USA.
Another good looking dude!

Yep, he's the one but he's actually in Oklahoma. ;)

oklahoma.  he sounds cute already.
 ;) ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 05:44:15 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
How do people feel about prenuptial agreements? 

dont know a/one whose encountered the issue. 

am i startin to sound horribly, well, er, canadian?

maybe this is why canadians are so popular down south???  like tori spelling & dean mcdermott?  ya. like halle berry & that canadian guy???  huh? well? ya?  a/one else seeing a pattern here? or is just me? 

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
Here is Capt Kirk today.  Who would have thought this thread would have such legs?\

love the pic jerry!  now how cute is shat?  love shat.  plus, hes candian.  hey!  lorne green was canadian.  and so was perry mason!  sorry, i got started & - thing is, now i cant stop.  
:search:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 08:39:18 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
Brit. C., do you have a community garden there, or an Urban Harvest sort of organization?  You could donate some time there, and get to know gardening people outside the "dating scene."  Gardeners are likely to be ponders, as well.

I have absolutely no interest in "tall" men.  I'm 5'3" and my ideal guy is 5'5"-5'7".  I wouldn't even look at a guy over 5'10".  Unfortunately, there aren't many guys in the 5'5"-5'7" range, so the selection pool is much smaller.    :'(

The way I handle that is by not dating ANYONE.     lol

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
Brit. C., do you have a community garden there, or an Urban Harvest sort of organization?  You could donate some time there, and get to know gardening people outside the "dating scene."  Gardeners are likely to be ponders, as well.

julles!  a -MOST EXCELLENT question! -& one i have been awaiting eagerly.  ...ah whats the question again?  lol kidding! 

yes we do, "community gardens" -a group i am acquainted with -& w/ deep regret: its unfortunate that the whole of them seem to know v little about gardening, composting, weeding, or any other thing to do with garden - & just forget about ponds, fountains, & watergardens!!!  i did a lot of volunteer work within various organizations connected to this particular group.  green communities was another.  the recycling exchange was another.  i am going to sound like a real bas*ard for saying this, so maybe i wont, i shall choose the high road, & leave it at that.  now my parents belonged to a proper garden club so to speak.  now that group knew their stuff.  buncha grandpas in competition for the best size -to which my daddy was extremely competitive & a FirstPlacePrizeWinter every show.  sadly another town another place.  they met during weekdays, catering to the geriatric crowd.  the groups in my current town are somewhat of the left wing type.  since i grew up gardening & had good job inthe field, it was a real strain, & ultimately, not a joyful experience.  there was a strongly political focus, which happens in canada, and is wrecking an otherwise decent society, plus, it was incestuous, but most importantly, the group would start with enthusiasm & by fall, the whole thing was left to rot.  one was more likely to encounter a bunch of hippies tripping over their grass & weeds.  it was just cheating - like throwing seeds in the ground, not nourishing the soil, not taking the time, not turning the earth- & worst of all: not even bothering to harvest, letting everything die.  criminal.  horrible. 

*sigh* well, i knew it would all come tumbling out eventually.  julles has finally exposed me as the pathetic snob i really am.  and a conservative to boot, which in canada, is like being a serial killer. 

so.  there.  i said it.  it is what it is.  i sound awful.  its something i have to work on.  and the pond group which would have been perfect, is obsolete, of course.  perhaps they could start a show, EvilGardeningLady gets upset at rotton dried out veggies.

i know, judge not lest ye be judged.   :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 08:24:19 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
Ha...talking about expectations....I just read one that said, "if you can let your wife stay home and not work...."  Okay, yeah, that would be optimum, but this is like the 6th most expensive place to live in the US!!!

Julles, you know, some women just don't understand why there is the height issue, and some women don't understand why short(er) guys don't just give it up.  I mean, for a guy like me who is only 5' 7", it's a lose-lose situation to even discuss it sometimes.  If I mention it, then I have a "Napoleon Complex" or suffer from "short man syndrome" (yes, I've been told that a few times because I merely asked why it's such an issue.  If I don't mention it, then I'm forever trying to make up for it by over achieving in life.  I've been this height for over 30 years, trust me...I'm used to it!

One forum I was on, a woman made a comment that successful men are tall, and short men are not successful.  So I asked her why she felt that way, and simply said that my brother, at 6' 3" still needs his mother to pay his bills, is divorced, can't keep a job, and refuses to admit that he has alcohol and drug issues.  I told her that I have had the same job for over 15 years, own my home without borrowing from anyone but the bank, and have been self sufficient since I was 18.  She told me I was the typical "short man complex", always trying to make up for my lack of size by over achieving for fear that I am not good enough.  I thought to myself, "probably a good thing she's not a short man...I don't think she would be able to handle it!"  LOL

I think the thing about height is that many women here need the envy of other women, they need to know that other women will wonder who that guy is when she walks into a room with him.  This is why these same women with the height and income requirements are still single after all these years.  The guys they go for don't want anything permanent, and the guys who want anything permanent they don't go for.

But you just never know...
"He may be nothing like the man you wanted, but he could be everything you wanted in a man"

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
One forum I was on, a woman made a comment that successful men are tall, and short men are not successful.

oh now that is just bizarre!  & so not true! 

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
I think the thing about height is that many women here need the envy of other women, they need to know that other women will wonder who that guy is when she walks into a room with him.  This is why these same women with the height and income requirements are still single after all these years.

ROTFLMAO!  boy did i screw up then!  i married a poor man *&* he stole my money... ah, actually, the correct legal term is "squandered marital assests".  umhum.  there i go breakin all the rules & patterns again.  WHERE r u meeting these people Blind 'Too???  a/way so now im poor & single.  gee if id done it like these other gals id be single & rich!  boy did i screw UP.  so question then: is it only women like this?  or is it men too?  ...???
 :blowup:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 08:36:26 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
I spend so much time at lowes looking at plants.  I cant tell you how many men have asked me questions, opinions and vice versa its better than the grocery store O0... would think spending a bunch of time at places like that would do the trick.

tink

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
I spend so much time at lowes looking at plants.  I cant tell you how many men have asked me questions, opinions and vice versa its better than the grocery store O0... would think spending a bunch of time at places like that would do the trick.

tink

now tink you r so on the money with that!  my favourite place is the garden centre at HomeDepot & WallyWorld.  but no one has tried to pick me up yet.  does this mean im not cute???

ok now im stressin.  maybe im not as cute as i thought.  & a -certain man- led me to believe - all that "prettygirl" & "prettyeyes" & "sexy"  - ahHAH!  maybe it was all a big fat lie bc no one is askin me out at HomeDepot.  or wallyworld.  i get chatted up sometimes but no one has ever asked me out in the store yet.  actually, maybe the whole problem is men.  maybe they are askin everyone else out but me.  i mean look at this place!  hel-lo single cute pond guys????  where r my messages???
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:02:15 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
lol I dont know about that... you sound cute as can be. 

jules I dont like the tall either.  Hard to dance, hard to kiss, your neck hurts, I get motion sickness from looking up trying to gaze into their eyes hehehe

tink

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
maybe they all think they r too short & poor or sumthin.   lol lol lol

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
Yeah, my ideal situation is to meet a woman at Lowe's or Home Depot, or one who wouldn't mind that I want to register at Harbor Freight for our wedding gifts!  lol

I do want to qualify one thing: although I do seem to be picking on women, it's not because I have issues or that I think us men are perfect or without flaws.  I know I have my share of flaws that go beyond income or height, I just don't think that the extremes that some go to (men and women) are representative of what a good relationship is.  Plenty of rich people get divorces ...Hollywood...hello??  Some of the happiest relationships are those where the couple is constantly reminded of what a struggle life is, and are grateful to go through it with someone who is in the same boat and doesn't hold it against them.  I've dated women who were reluctant because I didn't own a new car!  My car was perfectly fine...and paid for!

But, to sum it up, allow me to utter the words of the late Sam Kinneson:  "The reason I pick on these women is because a man never BROKE MY FREAKING HEART!!! AAAAGGGGH!!!!!"

Sincerely, I do know lots of flawed men who have high expectations as well, I just don't date them so I don't really hear the woman's side of it very often.  Sure I'd love to be able to take a total hottie to a party, but I don't have Brad Pitt looks so I don't expect to attract a woman he would be capable of dating.

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
*sigh* i started this thing, & just watch, everyone else is going to get matched but me.  wheres karen?  karen!  get me sorted!  divey up the pond boys.  i dont stand a chance in here all on my own.  there needs to be some sort of system.  karen! karen! karen!  hlep!!!
 :woot: :blowup: :woot:

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
You know, I have a very hard time asking a woman out on a date...I mean, nobody really goes to Lowe's thinking they'll fall in love.  I met a girl once in a store and we had a lot in common.  We talked for almost a half hour, but when I mustered up the courage to ask her out she almost acted like I was beneath her.  Then I went home and realized that I was not dressed or groomed to ask anyone out.  I hadn't shaved, I was wearing an older t-shirt, and wasn't there for dating.  So now I have to get all dressed up to buy topsoil just in case I meet someone.  See how difficult things can get??  :)

But in all honesty, it's really hard for the guy to know if he's doing well or she's just being nice.  Women...if you like the guy you can flirt a little harder and he will know you're interested.  But even if she's flirting it's not exactly a sure indicator, she might just like the attention...and the guy still has to ask her out and even then she might reject him!   ;D

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
lol registering at harbor freight might be pushing it even for us ponding women

Yep you men have tons of issues,  mostly looks/figure related.  Do yall think though that with the teens in school they dont seem to put as much emphasis on that?  I see what in my day would have been mismatched young couples everywhere.  If so I think its great!

tink

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
we should be in the live chat room. this is to hard to keep up with!

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
I've dated women who were reluctant because I didn't own a new car!

mine didnt have a car at all.  he used to ride his bike.  hitchhike.  drive the family vehicle.  i wish hed owned a USED vehicle.  but the truth is i didnt care: i had a vehicle & he could share mine.  nor did he have a house.  he had a dog & a rental.  im starting to think there is a pattern here.  where r u at?  r u is some strange place where everyone is materialistic?  like r u in some region where status symbols & conspicious consumption is high?  

or do ya jus know how to pick em baybay?!   lol  actaully im the one who cant pick bc apparently i am quite the oddity Blind 'Too.  but no one i know is like how u describe....  i could tell u a few stories.  girlfriend of mine, won Parksville Miss Body 1989, well her boyfriend didnt have a bank account.  i said hell cant he get a bank account?  shes like, jennifer! im not materialistic.   8-)~  

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
Then I went home and realized that I was not dressed or groomed to ask anyone out.  I hadn't shaved, I was wearing an older t-shirt, and wasn't there for dating.  So now I have to get all dressed up to buy topsoil just in case I meet someone.  See how difficult things can get??  :)

BToo, so wot if u stink.  all people who work in their yards stink!  maybe you are the whole problem. you jus make it too difficult.

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
But in all honesty, it's really hard for the guy to know if he's doing well or she's just being nice.  Women...if you like the guy you can flirt a little harder and he will know you're interested.  But even if she's flirting it's not exactly a sure indicator, she might just like the attention...and the guy still has to ask her out and even then she might reject him!   ;D

more b*llshit.  we girls r flirtin our fricken faces off & all u do is whine & snivle about how short & poor u are!  arggg!  i give up.  all i asked for a was a pond guy someone who shares my interests.  when did women become the enemy?  well there are a lot of married guys on here too.  maybe all the good ones are taken just like they say.

oops i know im going to get into trouble for that!!!   :P
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:12:21 PM by britishcolumbia »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"