Author Topic: i feel bad about this - but - i want to meet a single guy into ponds&gardens  (Read 13732 times)

Offline britishcolumbia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Yep you men have tons of issues...
tink
oh boy i heard that!  issues!  i mean brother!  seriously,  & here i thought i was the problem too fat not cute enough too old too this & too that. one seems less neurotic than once thought.   
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:04:29 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
yall wanna do the live chat room bart... blind.... british???

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
yall wanna do the live chat room bart... blind.... british???

r there that many people?  wheres bart??? isnt he the oke?  or is that someone else???  oh god i cant keep up with this.

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
ok tink lets go.  we can gasbag  u can tell me where u r at.  i want to hear about lowes.  i dont think we have that here.

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
k im in the chat all by mysel.

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
weve driven all the men away!!!     >:(-

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
goodnight, i guess weve frightened them off.  theyre too short too broke too this too that.  And they all drive used vehsicles!  dis-Cus-Ting!  oh its outrageous.  and we dont flirt or encourage enough either.

:D

oh & p.s. now theyre scared of us! :(
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:37:46 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
heheh british.. patience.... I am in there now and you are not...

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
ok we jus missed each other -im going in - cover me!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:50:11 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
more b*llshit.  we girls r flirtin our fricken faces off & all u do is whine & snivle about how short & poor u are!  arggg!  i give up.  all i asked for a was a pond guy someone who shares my interests.  when did women become the enemy?  well there are a lot of married guys on here too.  maybe all the good ones are taken just like they say.

Whine and snivel?  Like I said, it's a lose-lose situation to even bother talking about it.

best wishes, I think I've said enough...or too much, it appears.
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
aww... soreeeee!  ...like i didnt know i was going to catch sh*t for that, eh?   ::)

this right here is one baaad woman. :whip:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:17:45 AM by britishcolumbia »

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
 :angel:  did i say whine & snivle...?  im sure that is not what i meant.  my bad!  :o  so ... dont be mad.... k?
 :D ;) :)

oh people!  cant we all just get along!   {-)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:38:31 PM by britishcolumbia »

Offline gander

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
Gary is old and not looking for anyone at all. Now if you have lots of money and by that I mean boll gates type of money and one foot in the grave and the other half way in and no dependents give me a call.

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
hmmm... maybe i was wrong about the pond guys.   :( >:( {nono}

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I missed this entire exchange. I worked out yesterday and got home late after being caught in the traffic, didn't even get on the PC.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Bart lives in Saskatchewan. Did I spell that right?

I'm not into tall men either. I have been married for twenty years and aren't looking but I've never been into tall men.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
I would think that getting married later in life would be difficult to accomplish.  When young, people tend to be more flexible, more willing to change.  They aren't yet set in their ways.  When you are older you have been around the block a few times.  You know what things you like and what things you dislike.  You know where you want to live, work, retire etc.  You may have set patterns of behavior, food likes etc.  When you marry later in life I would think you would tend to be more like concrete that has set.  I should think it would take two very special people to make it work successfully.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
!!!
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2009, 08:59:43 AM »
hey leeanne, thanks for the clarification (& yes u spelled it right)...

hey guess wat?!  i decided to re-send another email to the pond club & this time i got a reply!!!

yaya!  im goin to the pondclub meetin!  yippee!  i guess its not as boring as i thought in this town....  this is progess.

mike i agree w. u... w/ one difference...  i see the glass half full: this time i know myself better... so  the logic goes if i know what i like, i just have to find a person w/ same interests. 

& this site proves that there are still people who like to work.  that alone is enough.  very warming.

yes, half are married.  one quarter are wimmin.  one quarter r single guys.  many who confess, by their own admission, to be (a)not interested(b)old(c)grumpy(d)short(e)notrichenough(?)(f)whatever.  these r their words not mine or anyone elses.  & thats fine.  its all good...  all that matters is that pondpeople can get together on a website.  its enough that we all like the pondstuff.  thats the reward.

see, in the states u guys have all this fun cool stuff to do bc the population is so large, so people can do fun stuff, & its a real party.  here in canada its different... options are limited.  example.  smaller population, more conservative & retiring mentality.  im on a large island, & it not just a geographic barrier but a psycholocical one too, bc it costs so much to get off o here, one eventually gives up tryin after a few years, due to all the bother.  shame really.  the long-term islander mentality gets into the brain like a virus.  im 10 years in & i may never get off.  we say it like that too, "oh i havent been off in 15 years" its like a joke here.

but a/who thats not important now.  yipeee!!! @O@ :D ;D

p.s. - thanks so much for all the help everyone! O0 

(even Blind'Too... -& all the grumpy old single guys: aka - grumpyoldsingle -GOS;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:18:50 AM by britishcolumbia »

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    • View Profile
Reading all this sure makes me glad that I'm happily married and not dating  o(:-) Life is complicated enough w/o all the etiquette's of trying to pair up properly. Too many rules and regs. Just do what the cavemen did and grab her by the hair and drag her to the cave or vice a versa  ;D I like to walk and while I'm out walking I see lot's of men and women out there gardening in their yards and I stop to talk to them and admire their gardens. After awhile of walking through these hoods you discover which ones are married and which are not. You might get lucky and find a mate that way....who knows? If you live in an apt then find a hood that you like and stroll on through for a bit and if no hits there then move on to the next one.  It's good for your legs anyway  O0 

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
Reading all this sure makes me glad that I'm happily married and not dating  o(:-) Life is complicated enough w/o all the etiquette's of trying to pair up properly. Too many rules and regs. Just do what the cavemen did and grab her by the hair and drag her to the cave or vice a versa  ;D

hello guys r u listening to this man!?!  this is a wise & happily married man.  im doing the "vice-versa", call me cavegirl.

[...]I'm out walking I see lot's of men and women out there gardening in their yards and I stop to talk to them and admire their gardens. After awhile of walking through these hoods you discover which ones are married and which are not. You might get lucky and find a mate that way....who knows? If you live in an apt then find a hood that you like and stroll on through for a bit and if no hits there then move on to the next one.  It's good for your legs anyway  O0 

this is true.   this happens.  i know a couple who met this way, just walking in the hood.  goin for a gander.  saying hello.  this is really good suggestion.  one guy was doing renos, new in the hood, & this gal went over with a basket, & said after a visit, "uhhhh... so where is your wife?"  him: "uh oh, well im single..."  BINGO!   o(:-)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 11:02:06 AM by britishcolumbia »

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
too funny registering at harbor freight might be pushing it even for us ponding women

I don't know, that might now be too bad. I like tools too! :D And they do have yard/garden stuff. ;D

Gary is old and not looking for anyone at all. Now if you have lots of money and by that I mean boll gates type of money and one foot in the grave and the other half way in and no dependents give me a call.
Awwww Gary, ease up on yourself! ;) We're just havin' some fun here. :) o(:-)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
Hey Brit, I'm not a man but that's ok I forgive you  ::)

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    • View Profile
After reading this all I have to say is...

"Thank you God that I'm happily married."  ;D

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline britishcolumbia

• Members
    • View Profile
Hey Brit, I'm not a man but that's ok I forgive you  ::)

oh jw, sweet....  i am thinking of turning gay -one problem though -im not gay.

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
What are you talking about? I'm not gay either. I am a female married to a male for 40 yrs. I think we are having a communication gap here  :-\  Best of luck on finding the right man for you. Geeeeeeeeez, my head is spinning trying to keep up with all this stuff  :D

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
I don't believe it, but   , o(:-) I THINK THIS THREAD IS PETERING OUT...
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
"When you are older you have been around the block a few times.  You know what things you like and what things you dislike.  You know where you want to live, work, retire etc.  You may have set patterns of behavior, food likes etc. "

This is not necessarily a bad thing.  When I was younger, I would see some trait in a boyfriend that I didn't like, but I would say, "Well, that's OK, he's my man, and I'll stand by him, even if I don't agree with that."  I also tended to change myself to be what I thought the guy wanted me to be.

No more.  Now that I'm older, I have a much better sense of who I am, and I like myself, and I ain't changing for nobody!  These days, if I see something in a person (male or female) that I don't like, I read the warning signs and bail out.  I'm not spending time with someone who's a bad fit, when there are so many better matches out there waiting to be discovered.

These days, I put myself, my needs, my opinions, my tastes, my preferences, etc., FIRST.  Not in a self-centered way - what I'm saying is that I no longer try to change myself to meet the other person's expectations, nor do I want him to change to suit me.  Honesty in how we present ourselves is very important to getting along for the long run.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
We have been married a LONG time Julles.  If I lost my wife I don't know what Id do.  Sure, people do go on and often do well.
To find another woman that fits would be damn near impossible.  One gets very set in their ways.
My wife can't even imagine being with another if I pre deceased her. I can, but it won't be simple.
In this new endeavour I meet lot's of  very glamourous people.  I can't imagine one who fishes eats chili burgers, watches the Lakers, Dodgers and UCLA , ponding -gardening,as well as the so many things I do that would raise eyebrows to say the least.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:20:56 PM by Jerry »
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
LOL! Going to have to print those out for a friend!  lol
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
Those are crazy funny Jerry and I must send them off to friends also  lol

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"