Author Topic: Exciting! (well at least to me)  (Read 1495 times)

Offline newbieincaliprincess

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Exciting! (well at least to me)
« on: May 01, 2009, 10:49:31 AM »
So today, after about a month, a bout with ich, and a bout with parasites my koi and goldfish have come to the surface!  @O@  Yesterday I went home planted a few seeds near my pond and sat down to spend my daily requirement of pond time and tossed some food out. They slowly came to the surface and like puppy's lapping up wet food they started feeding right there next to me!!!  :o It was so cool to see them do the mop thing... I call it mop because they come to the surface and try to eat the food there and their mouths kinda go "mop mop mop". yesterday was the very first day I got to really look at my koi. She is really pretty! I'm working on sugaring up my guy for a digi cam so I can post pics!!!!   :hug: and if that wont work I'll make him feel bad and cry  :'(  lol

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting! (well at least to me)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 01:53:19 PM »
That is exciting!  Train your koi to eat out of your fingers by holding the food pellets in your fingers.  Be patient and it will happen.  When they grow bigger they will actually suck on your fingers.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting! (well at least to me)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 08:44:49 PM »
Good news, glad you got them all healthy.  Give them a bit more time and they will be eating out of your hand.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"