Author Topic: Dead HUSBAND!  (Read 2008 times)

Offline pegs pond

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Dead HUSBAND!
« on: May 02, 2009, 07:08:24 PM »
I am going to KILL my husband!  He fessed up today that he had put 7 goldfish in the pond while I was gone! {nono}  I been trying to figure out where all the little fish that weren't there last year had come from and trying my best to see tails to figure if they were wakin or shubunkins!  He thought it was really funny to get some FEEDER goldfish and put them in there.  Ohhh I am sooooooo :swear: I gave goldfish away last year as I decided to keep just the wakin and shubbies!   :'(
Oh and the fish started eating yesterday!   @O@
Peggy

Offline Reedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Dead HUSBAND!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 10:49:10 PM »
Bummer . . .

Similar thing happened to me end of last season.  Spring last year I netted out all of the plain orange comets and gave them away.  Only had shubunkins and sarassa comets.

A friend of mine last fall asked me to take two of her goldfish that grew too large for her 20 gallon container pond.  Wouldn't you know it one was plain orange . . .
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 04:12:18 PM »
I am going to KILL my husband!  He fessed up today that he had put 7 goldfish in the pond while I was gone! {nono}  I been trying to figure out where all the little fish that weren't there last year had come from and trying my best to see tails to figure if they were wakin or shubunkins!  He thought it was really funny to get some FEEDER goldfish and put them in there.  Ohhh I am sooooooo :swear: I gave goldfish away last year as I decided to keep just the wakin and shubbies!   :'(
Oh and the fish started eating yesterday!   @O@
Peggy
I would kill em too Peg but for another reason, feeder fish are the worse for carrying Ick and other problems into our ponds. You should never put feeders right into your pond without quarantine first. I learned the hard way I killed all but one of the first 20 of my fish doing just that. It started me on a long learning process though. And I have made some wonder friends on the way.

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 05:36:58 AM »
Make hubby clean out the pond & catch all of the fish.  Tracey has an excellent point about all fish need to be QT before adding them to your pond.  Hope all turns out well in the long run.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 07:38:36 AM »
yup he'd be dead...

I think I'd respectfully request he drain down the pond and catch them all and HE can find homes for them
Mary

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 09:32:09 AM »
I agree w/ frloplady.......I'd push him in and not let him out until they were all outta there  &-)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"