Author Topic: Well, this is it.  (Read 1862 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Well, this is it.
« on: May 06, 2009, 07:43:08 PM »
Today is the day that our rent is due and we haven't got it. My unemployment check comes in Friday but that wouldn't be enough to cover the rent. I don't know what to do or what is going to happen now. If we have to leave, where will we go and what will happen to my ponds and plants? I am so scared and don't know what to do. Pray for us. I filed for disability about two weeks ago after talking with my cardiologist but haven't heard anything yet. :(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline britishcolumbia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Well, this is it.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »
oh my im so sorry to hear that.  sad.  maybe your landlord can give you a little extra time.  im sure if you explain youre awaiting your application they will give a break to a good tenant.  my mom used to rent a house & quite often she would accept work in exchange for rent.  one winter we had a hard time so we cut trees & sold a few cords.  we put a sign up & within a fews days we had several hundred dollars.  i know a lady who started her own business doing housework & weeding & she only works 4 days per week & makes good money, she has never advertised & its all referrals.  but things are different in the states...so i dont know... 

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 02:59:58 AM »
I'll pray for you Scott. I hope things work out for you, you shouldn't be evicted over a medical problem.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 06:33:17 AM »
I don't think if rent is due that you have to leave that quick. I think you have 30 days. But I can be wrong. I am so sorry. I will pray for you to get a solution for your problem.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 06:33:33 AM »
Oh God, Scott, how worrisome and stressful.

Surely the landlord will understand the economic situation and have some compassion - a compromise or something.  There are so many, many people in financial trouble right now, it just makes sense to offer options and cut people some slack.

Hope everything is OK.  Keep us posted.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 09:04:12 AM »
I'm so sorry.

The landlord should work with you, it isn't as if there are people waving money around to rent these days....
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 10:12:36 AM »
I too hope the landlord will be a good guy and give you a break especially if you've been a good tenant and I'll be praying that things will get better for you soon.

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 10:28:50 AM »
Sending prayers, Scott.  Call your landlord and I'm sure he will be willing to work with you.  I don't think he wants to evect a tennent, especially a good one.  Calll the office where you filed for disability too and find out what's going on with your application.
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 11:55:14 AM »
Oh NO!!!. You must be so upset. I can't imagine being in that situation and I have spent lots of times thinking about it.

We are landlords and have "understood" many times now in the last 6 years, to the tune of $30,000. We are at the point of hiring an agency to handle the people and money part and we'll just do the cleanup and fixup. We don't know when to believe people or when to evict. Now the people who stiffed us for that money are nowhere to be found. Sure they could call us in the night to say water was dripping in the basement or that the stove wasn't working right and expect us to get dressed and come right over. But when it came time to be honest with us, they would leave and not tell us they were leaving and/or not give us a forwarding address. One couple we found in Florida. But the trouble is, unless we can find a good address for them, we can't do anything anyway. The court people don't serve papers unless they know where to go.

So enough of my problems. Yes, it takes over 30 days to evict someone in Michigan. We had to give them a warning of 7 days to pay or get out. Then if they haven't left, we had to go in to get a court date---two more weeks before court and then they were told 10 days to pay or get out and then I think another 30 days. So that is 60 days. They of course are expected to pay the extra 60 days but if they don't have it and are on welfare etc, then we might as well forget it.

Start calling around for assistance and see what is out there. Don't wait for your disability. I suspect it takes forever anyway. Is there any way the landlord would give you credit for work you can do for him or on the property? We have done that in the past.

Sorry Scott. It must be terrible.

Offline water_sprite

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 12:22:24 PM »
Oh Scott, I am so sorry.  It must be very scary.  Been there, done that.  I agree that you need to talk w/your Landlord.  I too have a rent house and I know things happen.  I am always willing to work something out w/my tenants.  I also agree w/Esther, you need to look around for assistance.

Good luck and hope everything works out for you, Brenda
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 02:50:28 PM »
Praying for you Scott.  I don't know your religious belief's but the God I serve says He won't burden his followers with more than they can handle.  I've never faced what you are going through but recognize it must be very difficult.  I don't know the extent of your disability but is it possible to do work for your landlord in lieu of paying this month's rent?
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 03:40:57 PM »
I'm so sorry Scott.  I'm praying everything will turnout alright for you.

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 06:12:55 PM »
praying here too that a solution will come.  Do contact the landlord.  Communication can go a long ways
Mary

Offline reddad35

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 07:18:07 PM »
I am thinking of you and yours Scott. I know you are in a tough time. You have to believe you can get through this. You believe you will come through. Thinking of you, Jim

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 07:43:17 PM »
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. No my wife needs them. >:( She keeps up with the banking, and her mum. She had me going all this week that we didn't have the money for the rent. She confessed today when she mentioned that we needed to go pay the rent. I could have put her over my knee but might have enjoyed it. ;D Anyhow, we're not out of trouble yet. We still have the power bill and vehicle tags to pay for plus a doctor's visit. I am putting computers together from spare parts that I will sell once done. I'm also going to do a yard sale and set some plants out with everything else. Now that we got some time, I will get stuff together that is taking up space for the yard sale and also to be posted on on line classifieds.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 04:14:40 PM »
Good idea on the yard sale. Keep your faith.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"