Author Topic: Lotus from Tink  (Read 1166 times)

Offline tlc

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Lotus from Tink
« on: May 14, 2009, 12:53:54 PM »
I haven't posted any pics of the lotus that I got from Tink b/c the weather here has been so crappy that it's just sitting there in the planter. I did take a pic a while back so I will put it up. Not alot of progress really.  ::) We supposed to be getting some nice sunny days so it should perk up some.

Offline Rad Michelle

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • hakuna matata
  • With us since: 08/05/2009
    • View Profile
Re: Lotus from Tink
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 02:40:30 PM »
oh i love the whiskey barrel you planted it in!!  O0

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 02:46:37 PM »
Be patient, even though it's hard.  In another month, you may even have a bloom!

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 06:39:56 PM »
wooohoo!!! cant wait to see it grown.  We are having one of the most rainy coldest spring in a long time.  I barely have lily leaves which is very unusal for me.  We have no even been able to pull out the shorts and put up the sweats for more than a couple days here and there.

tink

Offline tlc

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 08:00:36 AM »
I can't wait to see it grow either. Everyday I go out and look to see if it's made progress.  ?)(?

As for shorts, well, you won't see them on me cause I don't want to scare the neighbors lol.

Offline tlc

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 11:05:55 AM »
With all the lotus talk I thought I would give an update on mine.

I won't bother to post a pic as it looks the same as the one that I posted above :(.

I have not seen any improvement at all. Our weather here has been some on the cool side but not that bad. I really think that I did something wrong but not exactly sure what other then a couple of swear words here and there. I followed Joyce's instructions to a "T" but I have a feeling I may has screwed up on the water level part or maybe my containers aren't deep enough meaning not enough water above the soil line? The other thing is that I had/have lots of dark green water in the container and wondered if the sun wasn't getting to the tuber?? I tried floading the container a couple of times to see if that would help. I'm grasping at straws here.

I have about 4 inches of container above the soil line and kept it filled close to the top as you can see in the pic above. I also have a Momo Batan that I am killing too while I'm at it  :'( The lotus tubers that Tink gave me is in full sun with no shade at all. The Momo Batan probably gets 6 hours of sun.

So at this point I'm waiting, waiting, waiting....

Offline SueSTx

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 11:09:38 AM »
 {:-P;;  I won't be posting any pics of my lotus either.  I didn't repot it this spring because it barely survived last summer.  For every new leaf that comes out an old one bits the dust.  Oh well... :(

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 03:24:47 PM »
I am at a loss here. I don't even follow Joyce's instructions. I put mine in dirt and some water over it. Sometimes the water is 10 inches sometimes 20 inches. Sometimes even less. I use pond tabs after I have the first few aerial leaves. So what I am saying is they are easy to grow. There must be something simple you are doing wrong. Please do not give up. Keep trying.

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
some of my lotus
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 03:26:12 PM »

Offline tlc

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 08:25:21 AM »
Thanks Vicki :)
Is that a Momo? Beautiful and I'm jealous ;) The container is a rectangle shape right?
It's probably too late to start over with a new one. I'm just not sure if the ones that I have are going to grow at all or I should just dump them out and put some LAND plants in there for this year  ::)  >:(-.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"