Author Topic: Facebook users or Facebook wannabees  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Facebook users or Facebook wannabees
« on: May 15, 2009, 02:46:39 PM »
Please go to http://www.facebook.com/target and vote for St Jude's Children hospital. You can influence Target as to how they decide to donate money by voting every 24 hours.

For those of you who don't use Facebook, I really like it. It is an easy way to find and keep track of friends and family. It also has a lot of games and fun things to do for those who have time to kill. It has a reputation of being for teens and young people but I can tell you that it is growing by leaps and bounds with people older than that too.

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
Re: Facebook users or Facebook wannabees
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 07:43:35 PM »
If you want to use Facebook you might want to become a fan of The International Waterlily & Water Gardening Society page.
You are right as well. Kids use My Space for these days. Boomers rule on Facebook.

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 11:07:21 PM »
some kid was whining on farm town this afternoon about all the adults in the game  >:(-... he was told to get a grip  lol lol ::)

Mary

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 12:34:36 PM »
Kids use My Space for these days. Boomers rule on Facebook.
@O@ O0 @O@ Thank you Tim!  Where are my rats.....

Thanks Esther for the note.

Offline Pa Nancy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 06:29:08 AM »
I"ve been playing around with this Facebook. I guess people from my old class must not be there. Every name I have ever entered came up nothing.   >:(-

What is farm town?

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 02:17:52 PM »
Nancy it is a virtual game that gives you a piece of property and some coins. You purchase plowed plots, seeds, and then you hire other farmers to harvest your crops. They get coins, not from you, and you gain coins from the sale of your crops. You can give gifts of mostly fruit trees and animals to your neighbors, (they have to be friends on Facebook) and they can give gifts back to you. The trees bear fruit and then they need to be harvested. You can sell the animals and trees if you want. You can chat with the people from all over the world you link up with, inside Farm Town. There are different levels of the game that are gained by the amount of experience points you achieve as you go along. I found it very adictive for about a month but as my farm got so big, it took forever to load and forever to plow the plots and plant them. There are 34 levels and I was on 27.7 or so. I still go there every day and exchange gifts with people but no longer plow and plant. I have let the farm go to trees. Every three or four days I hire someone to come in and harvest the trees. The newbies think it is great.

Nancy, PM me your name and I'll search for you on Facebook.

Offline iriscottage

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 08:40:02 PM »
Hey esther, I play farmtown!!!
By the way, the hen and chicks from you last year are awsome this year, love them.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"