Author Topic: A rainy day photo  (Read 1134 times)

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
A rainy day photo
« on: May 18, 2009, 08:21:22 PM »
Hi everyone,

We had mostly nice weather this week but today it rained again. I have been very busy weeding and organizing the garden lately. It's a big job since I didn't get anything done last year because of a frozen shoulder. So far it's going well this year and I am really enjoying getting our there again.
My DH got me some new batteries for my camera on E-bay so I just wanted to check them out so he can get the guy feedback so here's a rainy day photo of the view from our bedroom. I haven't finished weeding that area yet so it's still looking rough but I love the colour out there right now. This is the first bloom for the lilac and I love it. There is a lot of string algae in that pond too. 

Maryvonne

Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline jw

• Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: A rainy day photo
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 08:26:14 PM »
What a lovely garden  O0  It rained here today in late afternoon but I got lots of work done............trimming and sawing branches off of lots of trees.

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 04:41:44 AM »
It's gorgeous.  8)  The dampness intensifies the colors.   O0
We are finally having a sunny day.  @O@
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 04:46:07 PM »
I love rainy days!   :D  Your garden colors are beautiful.  Jealous of your fabulous lilacs!

Offline CoolShades

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 07:10:49 PM »
Hi Maryvonne:

Your garden always looks nice! 

Sorry to be out of touch, but I take it you have not moved to the island yet.  How is everyone, unfortunately we didn't have time this winter to stop by since  my daughter brought her boyfriend with us and I had to keep a stern eye on them {:-P;;.  How is Peter's flying going?

Best regards,

Gary

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 08:34:15 AM »
Great colours - even the string algea green adds a pop.
Good to hear the shoulder is holding up.

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline maryvonne

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 08:47:21 AM »
Thanks for the kind comments. That part of the garden was very nice a few years ago but badly overgrown now. I lost a silk tree there this winter. I had grown it from seed about 10 years ago and it had just started blooming last summer. We also lost some Hebe's, but the banana grove survived. I had managed to cover it with leaves after the first snow fall in Dec.
The sun is back out again so I am back out there again. We got our deck and patio cleaned up yesterday. The furniture is all set up and we enjoyed eating breakfast on the deck this morning.

Nice to hear from you Gary. Boyfriends already! Our kids do grow up fast!
We have been extremely busy here too. We are still planning to move to Victoria but it's taking a lot longer than we expected. Three years ago the City had started  to plan for development in our area but stopped promising to come back in 6 months. In the mean time the province built a new bridge across the Fraser River just to the east of us with one of the major express ways coming to a few blocks north of us. This new highway is opening next month. Meanwhile the city was still not willing to come back and finish the plan for our area stating that the province wasn't allowing them to put a transportation plan together for the area, so Pete contacted the Highway's minister. He was shocked and arranged a meeting with the city. We basically caught them with their pants down. Anyway to make a long story short after a few meetings and a petition in the area the city is proceeding with the development plan. We should start seeing some activity in the area again. We have a couple big developers interested in starting projects in the area. One of them wants to build a shopping center etc so we are cautiously optimistic about being able to sell this place in the next year and get over to Victoria.
Shoulder is still doing well. I am being careful but so far getting lots of gardening in without any pain!

Maryvonne

Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"