Author Topic: Add/delete will not uninstall  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Add/delete will not uninstall
« on: May 22, 2009, 06:32:50 AM »
I was installing a sewing machine program. The little bar that shows the time used got to 15% and stopped there and just stayed. Eventually I had to shut it down and then looked to see what I had. The icons were on the screen as if it was OK. But when I clicked on them, a box popped up that said it wouldn't work because something was missing and maybe if it was reinstalled it would be fixed. So I tried to delete/uninstall. It went through the steps like normal but when it was done, it was still there. So I tried reinstalling thinking it might pick up on what was missing and put it there. Made no change. I have rebooted, tried over and over to uninstall or install and nothing changes. Someone sent me a kind of spyware/security program and said there was an uninstall thing there. Well it didn't do anything either but slow my computer down like crazy. Fortunately I could uninstall that one.

This is a Windows XP. Where would I go for help?

Offline water_sprite

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Add/delete will not uninstall
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 12:46:55 PM »
Sometimes programs have their own uninstall program.  Look at your cd or in Explorer and see if you see an uninstall icon.

brenda
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Lynne22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • I love Green Anoles!
  • With us since: 25/06/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 02:35:04 PM »
I was installing a sewing machine program. The little bar that shows the time used got to 15% and stopped there and just stayed. Eventually I had to shut it down and then looked to see what I had. The icons were on the screen as if it was OK. But when I clicked on them, a box popped up that said it wouldn't work because something was missing and maybe if it was reinstalled it would be fixed. So I tried to delete/uninstall. It went through the steps like normal but when it was done, it was still there. So I tried reinstalling thinking it might pick up on what was missing and put it there. Made no change. I have rebooted, tried over and over to uninstall or install and nothing changes. Someone sent me a kind of spyware/security program and said there was an uninstall thing there. Well it didn't do anything either but slow my computer down like crazy. Fortunately I could uninstall that one.

This is a Windows XP. Where would I go for help?

Ester, how did you try to uninstall? Did you go through the add/remove programs in the control panel? See if it's there and let me know. If it's not, I have a few other ideas if you are still having issues with it.

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 07:12:22 AM »
Lynne is right, it should be Start>Control Panel>Add Remove Programs

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"