Author Topic: Injured fish  (Read 1493 times)

Offline PHYLAL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 04/09/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Injured fish
« on: May 24, 2009, 09:47:59 AM »
On Monday (week past), one of my large female Sarassa goldfish disappeared.  I wrote it off as vermin of some sort.  On Friday, I noticed a fish head sticking out from under a rock near the edge of the pond.  It was my Sarassa!  She was lying on her side in only about two inches of water.  I lifted the rock and put her back in the pond.  She swam rather awkwardly and went to a shallow corner of the pond.  After about an hour she was swimming with the other fish, sort of.  She was quite listless, but swam around okay. 
Now she seems to be fine except that she is missing numerous scales, others are sticking out at all angles and her tail is tattered and torn.  Is there something I should do immediately or just watch her closely?  And what am I looking for and what do I do then?
Thanks for any help.

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Injured fish
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 12:32:29 PM »
Watch her & if you can it would be a good ideal to put some salt in the pond to help with healing and make sure she doesn't get an infection. It sounds like a spawning injury.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"