Author Topic: Please be careful who you buy from  (Read 1734 times)

Offline ernanny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Please be careful who you buy from
« on: May 25, 2009, 02:15:09 PM »
I ordered several high dollar lilies from a well known dealer, didn't get the plants I wanted. The plants I received were the wrong color and of poor quality. Be careful. I am now looking around for leftovers in hopes I can get what I wanted from somewhere.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 02:19:34 PM by ernanny »

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Please be careful who you buy from
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 02:22:04 PM »
Yep I had about the same experience with the catalog dealers when I first started ponding...small plants I'd always have to baby just to have them die,wrong lilies,misnamed lilies..now I only order from folks on the forums...Here we have a feedback system-where people can leave good or bad feedback...that makes it nice...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline ernanny

• Members
  • With us since: 25/05/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 02:41:36 PM »
Yeah out serious bucks and really hurt over transaction. You would think an online dealer with a supposed good reputation would do you better.

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 02:53:26 PM »
Unfortunately that happens too often. 
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 05:06:24 PM »
So far everyone I bought from here is honest and very generous and stands up to the quality.  The 2 ladies responding above are extremely fabulous plant sellers in my experience.   O0 O0 O0  Hopefully you can get on a wish-list with them if they do not have anything at the moment.

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 05:57:14 PM »
I had that happen to me too... I only order from people I can trust that has true to name plants.
Un

bonnie

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 06:32:11 PM »
I got the wrong waterlily from an eBay seller the one and only time I bought waterlilies on eBay.

I hope the daylilies that I bought are the correct ones......

To the best of my knowledge everything I've purchased or traded for on this forum was correct.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline krivera

• Members
  • With us since: 24/05/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 07:56:07 PM »
 I bought plants from a ebay seller and paid too much for tiny plants. My problem is that i live in Puerto Rico and not all people want to ship here. Dont know why, because i take good care of my lilies lol. :D

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 10:58:41 PM »
I got the wrong waterlily from an eBay seller the one and only time I bought waterlilies on eBay.

I hope the daylilies that I bought are the correct ones......

To the best of my knowledge everything I've purchased or traded for on this forum was correct.

I have bought daylilies off ebay from blueridgebuttons and have never been disappointed!!  Always what I order and nice big plants.

People here have been great to get lilies and other water plants from!  O0
Mary

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 05:10:34 PM »
I bought 3 lilies and a lotus from a dealer. She had me down for Miami Rose while I was on the phone.. I told her from the start before they shipped I do not want Miami Rose I have too many of them now. .. I told her when she emailed me the order. Then I called her and told her about the mistake. And they sent it anyway and told me it was my fault because I did not check the box on the internet marked no subsitutes. I said I did not order off the internet I called you on the phone and ordered. Plus I told you 3 times and you sent Miami Rose anyway. And she said I did not want to take any of the blame. Plus the lotus was a runner not a tuber. If anyone wants their name PM me and I will give it to you.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 11:08:55 AM »
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I believe online retail sources are selling small plants to save on shipping. It doesn't take a very large plant to weigh in pretty heavy and shipping is getting so expensive. If people see huge shipping and handling fees they tend not to buy. I know I don't.
Its too bad that they charge full size plant price.

I know that when I trade or sell lilies I try to be as straight up and specific as possible. They are the named variety to the best of my knowledge. Mistakes happen and I'm always happy to correct it with either an exchange or credit. I know that some sellers do try to get big bucks from small starts of plants. I try to tell people exactly what they are getting. I state whether the plant is a small start with one growing tip or its a full size lily with pads and several tips.
I am only aware of one transaction that a person was upset with me because they received a small start rather than a full sized mature lily. This person simply did not read the information that I posted. I don't sell them as a business, I'm only selling off my extras from repotting rather than throw them out but still, I try to do my best and not deceive people. ;) I'm not making big bucks and what I do make from them usually goes for another lily or two that I want to add to my collection. ;)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Rad Michelle

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • hakuna matata
  • With us since: 08/05/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 12:38:33 PM »
yeah i also find it unfortunate that some people try to make off with some mula by saying they are selling something they arent, or lacking to describe what size exactly it is... or even failing to provide some kinda photo. i'm a really big fan of taking pictures of the lilies i trade and sale, and if i dont feel they are big enough to ship or if my warm waters might do the lilies good if they stay planted for a week or too i definetly let them know! i've experienced good and bad- nothing bad from these forums though and i make sure to leave that feedback =) i once paid full price for a dinky one... i wasnt complaining because they did throw in some extras... but i'm not sure they threw in the extras because i had such a large order... or because some were relitively small. i always try to throw in extras of what i can =) i hope no one has had any bad experences with me =)

Offline iriscottage

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 03:18:08 PM »
I got a lily today from ebay and boy is it a disppointment. She said it was a large plants that would have buds or flowers. It is a puny plant with maybe 4 pads and no buds in sight.
The problem with ebay is they use stock photos NOT the actial plant they sell. The lilies I have gotten on here have been wonderful.Thus, I am back for more.
Thanks guys!
I also got water poppy and mini cat tails on ebay and they are puny and yellow leaves...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"