Author Topic: Computer/graphics people  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Computer/graphics people
« on: May 29, 2009, 05:21:03 PM »
I am trying to design two kinds of postcards. One will have a picture of Pete and me the day we were married and be an invitation to our 25th anniversary/classic car party. The other should have some fancy 25th anniversary symbol and then a request that people fill the card with memories of us. I have searched for 25th anniversary clipart high and low and only am coming up with "Happy 25th anniversary" or the words Anniversary party. Does anyone use a particular site for free clipart? I used to have some sites I used but I think I lost them when Kelly put the new stuff on my computer.

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
Re: Computer/graphics people
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 10:15:55 PM »
How about these Esther...

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 06:37:52 AM »
Thanks Tim but I don't need the Happy. It will be on an invitation I am sending for people to attend our anniversary party. I was hoping to get an elegant curlyQ sort of embellishment around it too. But aren't there clipart places out there any more? I used to use them a lot and now can't seem to find them any more.

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 08:26:37 AM »
Did you try the Microsoft web site?  I searched for "border" and got this http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipart/results.aspx?qu=border&sc=20

Also try searching for borders, curls, decorations, decorative elements, dividers, edges, floral, leaves, scrolls, swirls, vines.  I ofter juct collect files that I like for future use.

You then can just "insert" into your invitations.

I don't know what you are running on your computer but I hope this is helpful to you.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 08:30:03 AM by fishlipsmcgee »
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 02:52:07 PM »
Thanks, I never thought of that. All I've been googling or searching for is 25th anniversary. So I can use more than one thing in my design.

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 06:37:59 PM »
I got about 100 pages on that search.  Not all will fit your need, but you can check the ones you want to download then they are on your computer for whenever you need them.  I've collected tons of files from MS web site

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 09:23:28 PM »
Got the invites done and just used the built in fonts that Word has. I imported a little piece of clipart on the front of the card and think it turned out just fine.
It is a postcard and the top little clipart is at the left of the address side, just below our return address. Yes, I know there are some splotches covering our phone number and address.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 09:41:10 PM by Esther »

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 07:35:19 AM »
You did a great job, Esther.  That was a cute idea to add the couple in the car since it is a car themed party.

Have a great party and ...

Happy 25th Anniversary to you & Pete. 

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 11:42:11 AM »
Thanks. The party is on the 20th and the anniversary is on the 21st. so I guess this party could be a combination anniversary/car/father's day party.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"