Author Topic: Another Silly Lily question  (Read 1137 times)

Offline reddad35

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Another Silly Lily question
« on: June 01, 2009, 03:36:26 PM »
I received 4 lilys this year through this site. Most of these are doing fabulous except for the spawners in my pond damaging the pads. One lily, Denver, had 4 or so 2 inch and long stemmed pads when I received it. I planted it , like the others, and the fish took out the pads within a day. Now the tuber is sitting there with 30 or so 1/4 inch pads about 1/2 inch to 1 inch from the tuber. It is loaded but doesn't want to send the pads up.

Wonder if anyone knows by this discription what is going on? All other are growing great. This one, not so much.

Thanks for the replys.

Jim

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Another Silly Lily question
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 04:46:27 PM »
You have some rough house fishies!  I guess it's normal.  :D   Did you give the lilies fertilizer before potting them up?  Sounds like they aren't getting enough of the good stuff.

Offline reddad35

• Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 05:16:24 PM »
You have some rough house fishies!  I guess it's normal.  :D   Did you give the lilies fertilizer before potting them up?  Sounds like they aren't getting enough of the good stuff.

I have been fertilizing.  I am using lily fertilizer tablets. Its odd because this is the only one with these tiny pads but man there are sure a bunch of them. It actually looks pretty crazy. 30 or so tiny tiny pads coming out of a +/- 4 inch tuber. All the others are doing great.

Offline tootsie

• Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 06:46:32 PM »
Sure sounds like it just wants to bust her buttons lol I have  been using the osmocote fertilizer in paper squares, then tucking them inside the plants pot. Everything seems to be blooming very nicely :)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 09:45:38 PM »
I have a newly potted lily cut from a tuber and it had lots of tiny leaves on shot stems.  Eventually the stems lengthened until the pads reached the water surface and then the pads started growing larger.   8)  Maybe this is the case with yours.  O0

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 08:47:24 AM »
Its probably spending its energy establishing its root system some rather than sending up pads. Give it a week or two and it will probably start sending up pads again.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"