Author Topic: If you've purchased from me ....  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
If you've purchased from me ....
« on: June 04, 2009, 04:27:57 PM »
Unfortunately one of my customer's got a "delivered" box but it wasn't anywhere to be found.  So please check my "fine print".  I am REALLY UNHAPPY with the post office mistake or if the box got stolen  :( >:(-  I'm just a housewife/mother, so any income I get from my plants is reinvested right back into my ponds/supplies & it is the only way I can afford to continue to purchase new lilies to invest in & then offer divisions at reasonable prices.

I am not resposible for the plants or the box once it leaves my care. USPS Priority Mail does not have insurance for "live plants". The majority of the time the Post Office handles the boxes properly & gets delivered correctly. Buyer's should let their mail carrier know they are expecting plants & that the box will need to be left in a shaded spot. No Returns or Refunds. If your box shows delivered but you didn't receive it, I cannot be held resposible. My prices are very reasonable & I cannot afford to refund for the Post Office's mistakes/mishandling. Missing boxes have only happened 3 times in all the years I've been shipping, so buyer assumes that risk. Thanks. Kat
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 04:30:43 PM by Kat »
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
Re: If you've purchased from me ....
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 04:59:43 PM »
Kat, your policies are very reasonable! Thank you for all that you do to offer us such great plants at reasonable prices!!!
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 05:01:34 PM »
So far the USPS has lost two of mine this year...one was found 2 weeks later at the persons local Post office....the other never showed up...but, that has been the only trouble I've had in all the years I've been shipping....But, it is very frustrating those few times it does happen....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Kat

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 05:50:33 PM »
Thanks for the support.  I work hard for the $$ that I get & it is really upsetting when someone else's action rips off both me & my customers.
Kat

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 08:16:06 AM »
I just had someone ask where one of the ones I sent Monday was. This is ridiculous. I've never had a package go missing. I sent over 300 when I was actively selling on eBay a few years ago.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline joeyb5980

• Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 08:44:43 AM »
If the USPS status shows "delivered", then I don't know how anyone could blame the sender, or expect them to "fix" it.  It is obvious that you sent it, if the post office "delivered" it.  At that point it is between the buyer and the PO- seller can't be liable.  For all the seller knows, someone just wants free stuff.  Sorry that you had this situation.  So far so good with me sending/receiving packages, but I don't ship as many as  you do either.  Seems the post office keeps charging more to provide less quality service.
Joey

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 08:56:39 AM »
I didn't charge enough to use Delivery Confirmation on mine. With the price of the stamp, three Ziplock brand bags and PayPal fee and gas to go to the post office I would have lost money if I paid .60 for Delivery Confirmation as well.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Kat

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 09:15:10 AM »
The buyer is very reliable & has purchased from me several times, so I suspect someone walked off with the box or it got delivered to the wrong address with the person who actually got not nice enough to deliver to the correct address.

If I was making gobs of money off of the plants it wouldn't be such an issue (like the stores at $19-30 each).  I buy most of my perennials on clearance, buy the ripped up bags of mulch/dirt/potting soil so I can get them half price, drive the alleys looking for usable "trash" to resell or keep, etc.  So I definitely keep myself on a budget as many of you do, too.

For all of the easy & smooth transactions I am very grateful  :)
Kat

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 09:46:58 AM »
I do not think the forum member who PM'd me about their missing package is lying.

I have read many threads on eBay where DC showed delivered but the buyer said it didn't arrive. Often, the package is found when the buyer checks with neighbors, others in the household and/or around their house. Sometimes, when the buyer is reminded that the DC shows delivered and that PayPal won't refund their money in that case, it mysteriously shows up.

I've had a different UPS driver leave packages by our nailed shut, garbage cans in front of it side garage door instead of behind the shrub by the front door where the regular drivers always do.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 10:02:22 AM by LeeAnne151 »
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »
Sorry Kat. It puts you in a hard position when that happens. I haven't shipped or ordered very often from private parties like yourself but have never had a bad experience "yet".

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 12:36:33 PM »
I have been having a horrible time with usps lately to.. my problems started last year.  I sell on ebay so I have a lazer shipping printer and pay for a home shipping service and let them pick my boxes up at the house.  Last year I had boxes returned smushed by a truck, several managled during delivery of lotus's.  USPS hires out fedex to do their delivery so I wonder if that is part of the problem and why things have gotten so bad.

tink

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 03:26:39 PM »
The person whom Kat speaks of is me.  The carrier left the key to the safe box.  However, when I opened the safe box nothing was there.  I called the post office and told the rep the sensitivity of the package.  They could not do anything because the packaged was posted as delivered and the carrier had gone home for the day.  I know the carrier and she is aware of my hobby.  Her child was in my class two years ago and we give each other grief about different things.  It really is an unfortunate episode.  I'd hate to complain to the post office about someone I know over a couple of plants.  The plants were delivered today and I'm not sure what is alive, but with a little tlc they should be fine.

Kat had nothing to do with this.  Kat, your policy is fair and I respect it.  I will repay what you returned.  Also, I will continue to purchase from you.  We have no control over the post office.   
Alfonso

Offline Kat

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »
The box showed up  @O@ @O@  One of the lilies doesn't look good (it probably got too hot) but the others look like they'll survive.  Makes you wonder where the box had been.  I sent you a PM  O0
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:32:03 PM by Kat »
Kat

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 08:44:12 PM »
My missing one showed up and was fine  @O@
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Kat

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 04:37:06 AM »
That's great LeeAnne  @O@
Kat

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"