Author Topic: I have Hens and Chix  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I have Hens and Chix
« on: June 05, 2009, 11:44:07 AM »
Just happened to think that if I send them priority, it'll be cheaper. Guess I'll head off to the post office to get some small boxes. Give me a hollar if you want some. I take paypal so you can reimburse me for shipping easily if you want them.

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I have Hens and Chix
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 12:22:50 PM »
I'm interested in some.  Please PM me your paypal info.   :)
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline Esther

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 01:22:49 PM »
Guess I'd better start a list. Of course I was just out and forgot to go to the post office. Dumb!!

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 02:25:38 PM »
PM'd you Esther,
Kay

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 07:33:55 AM »
Just came from the post office and a Flat Rate box that is 11" X 8" X 5.5" can contain any weight and ship to anywhere for $10.35. IF I have enough, each box will contain two momma Hens and her babies. If not and you have asked for some, I'll let you know that I can't fill your order. Don't send me any money until I have assured you I can fill your order. As I was out looking at the succulent garden, I have more to get rid of than I realized. LOL.

My Paypal account address is estherwaayenberg@netzero.com

OK something else---------Just came back from the post office and decided the flat rate box might not be the way to go. So if I use my own boxes and don't want special shipping (and I don't think these plants need it), it sounds like it would be cheaper. Yup, got on the USPS website and now understand my options. Parcel Post takes 5 days and the price varies depending on destination and weight. So I plugged in 3 pounds and a MS zip and the price was $7. These plants don't require priority shipping. They'll lay on the ground for a month with no water and stick them in the ground and they'll take off. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 09:12:14 AM by Esther »

Offline iriscottage

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 08:59:16 PM »
parcel is indeed cheaper. That flat rate is only good if you are sending a TON and if it would clost more to send them another way.
 O0

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 04:16:13 AM »
Am I understanding this? You are mailing chickens? Is that even legal? To bad they can't fly or you could just cut holes in the boxes for their wings and send them Air Mail.  :D

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 10:59:14 AM »
Um Bullfrog, don't know if you are joking or part joking or not joking. No there's no poultry exchanging hands. These are plants called Hens and Chix. They are a succulent---related to the cactus family I think. Anyway, they don't need much watering and easly propagate because they form little plants all around the base of the mother plant. Then you break off the babies and stick them in the ground and they do the same thing. Here is a picture of my "patch" this year. 

Here's a closeup and the patch about 3 years ago.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 11:01:33 AM by Esther »

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 11:13:54 AM »
Got my poultry!  They are so cute...bringing back happy childhood memories... :D

Thanks for sharing Esther  :)
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"