Author Topic: Can anyone identify this tropical for me?  (Read 835 times)

Offline sooks

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Can anyone identify this tropical for me?
« on: June 13, 2009, 11:24:28 AM »
Someone on ebay sold this plant to me as a blue siam something? I forgot the name that they gave it. It ended up purple and didn't look anything like the picture. :-\ :'( >:( Can anyone give me the name of this tropical?  o(

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. "  ...Helen Keller

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone identify this tropical for me?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 03:34:57 PM »
Maybe its a Tina..gold and purple flower, with green pads.  If the center of the pad has a fuzzy thing on it then it may be a Tina like mine.  But, I have trouble telling the blues and purples apart...
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline sooks

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 04:13:52 PM »
I think it's a tina too. This one doesnt have big blooms and has a bloom everyday. The picture for some reason makes it look like more blue than purple but it is definitely purple.
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. "  ...Helen Keller

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
Please take a photo of the top and bottom of the pads, it will give us more clues.

With Siam in the name, that could have been Star of Siam, it's a very light blue. King of Siam is a dark purple with several smaller petals in the middle, like a mum. There technically are very few 'blue' or 'red' tropicals. Most are either purple or pink. If it is Tina, she's a really good tropical!
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"