Author Topic: Vandalized!  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Vandalized!
« on: June 14, 2009, 11:06:23 AM »
I have a empty koi pond and full water lily pond behind the office. Because the filters have been fubar for a couple of years, there's not much going on. But I had the Magnum Lindsey Woods and a couple of nice male koi back there.

There was a benefit bbq cookoff for the VFD (Volunteer Fire Department) this weekend. Saturday I stayed away, because of the parking and crowding. This morning, I went back there to harvest some corms for a patient friend, and found the whole pond trashed.

Someone had taken a RAKE and tried to catch the koi. They succeeded in killing the koi and uprooting the Magnum. The leaves are shredded. The water is muck. Root parts thrown all over.

Makes me SICK~!  >:(-

I called in a police report - but they won't do anything. No human died. Just a bad interlude for a plant that had been happy in that spot for more than five years.  :'(

I really don't understand that kind of stupid waste.

Offline Pa Nancy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Vandalized!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 11:23:21 AM »
Boy that really SUCKS! Makes you just want to wring somebody's neck. Poor koi.  :'(  That is just sick. I just don't know what's wrong with people anymore? Surely someone would of seen it happening? So sorry your little piece of serenity was destroyed.

Offline sooks

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 12:16:07 PM »
 :'( :'( :-\ I'm so sorry that happened to your pond. I wonder why anyone would do such a thing..... >:(-
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. "  ...Helen Keller

Offline sheepie

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 12:22:44 PM »
sorry that happened to your pond :'(
Bessie

Offline water_sprite

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 01:49:51 PM »
Boy, that STINKS!!!!  Unbelievably what some people will do, but for no one to stop it, it's just sad! {nono}

So sorry about your fish and pond!

Brenda
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 02:05:48 PM »
OMG I am so sorry Savannah!  :'( 
If you catch 'em, I hop on a plane and help you kick some a$$!  :boxing: &-) :whip:
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 03:44:25 PM »
You may find out one day.  An idiot for sure.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 04:00:04 PM »
That really makes me sad and then mad all at the same time. I too would love to catch the creeps  :'(  Lousy evil doers...........someday they will pay  {nono}

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 06:03:36 PM »
It was probably a young kid with a mother that doesn't keep an eye on the kid. They're out there. That's why the snack size bags of chips are all crumbs. >:(-
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 06:11:37 PM »
I do not understand damage for the sake of damage. I can understand (but don't condone) people damaging something that belongs to somebody they want to get even with but just to do it to be nasty is so stupid. Another thing that is stupid is to destroy something of little actual value but still has value to nature and human beings because of that. 

A long time ago, we came home and our metal mailbox had a huge dent in it. Later a policeman came to the door and asked when the box had been dented. Turned out a couple of kids were walking down the road around 4, broad daylight, and were carrying a ball bat. They were wacking mailboxes as they walked. Someone recognized them and saw what they were doing and called the cops. The cops picked them up and they were made to replace the damaged boxes. RAH!!!

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 09:20:44 PM »
WTF!!!  I don't get it either!  Poor koi and lily.  Report the trashing to the VFD committee.  They probably won't or can't do anything but at least it's out there.  I don't know what else to say about this terrible action.

Sorry Savannah.

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 05:44:08 AM »
OMG, Savannah, that is HORRIBLE!  I am sitting here with my mouth open, aghast.  How on earth can someone do that?

Those firemen (many of whom are medics sworn to PROTECT life) must have been really drunked-up, as that act had to have gone on for quite a while, to catch that number of fish in a sizeable pond, and then go after the lilies.  You know they had to know those things were valuable, too, because you can't mistake a koi for a bluegill.

I agree - report it to the FD.  You might also alert the mayor.  After all, the FD is a city entity, and even if it wasn't firemen, it was their event that brought the trouble makers and the raucous behavior. 

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 07:35:23 AM »
This just makes me sick.  How could people do such thing?  I feel so bad for the Koi and plants.  Sigh...    {nono} >:(

Kuan

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 09:00:47 AM »
So sorry, people can really be awful.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 09:04:31 AM »
I would certainly report this to whomever was the responsible party in charge of the function. Not that it will change what happened but will let them know that they have to be more careful about how they handle their event in the future.
I'm sorry about your pond. :-\
It might have been kids attending the event with parents.
I know when our dept. gets together for a BBQ, all the kids go off playing together and parents don't really pay much attention to what they are doing. Kids find it pretty hard to resist a pond with fish and don't really have any concept that they can't just play in it.
I know not all departments are the same but our dept. members do not drink at our extra functions, even when its just us getting together.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"