Author Topic: Please answer this  (Read 3325 times)

Offline krivera

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 24/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Please answer this
« on: June 16, 2009, 07:50:31 AM »

Hi:
We have a new member from Mexico. He wants to know if anyone would ship to mexico. I now the shipping cost for mexico in priority mail small flat rate box would be 10.95, Medium flat rate would be 25.95. Both are the same rates to Canada. I obtain this info from my local USPS office.
Even if anyone of you want or would ship outside the 48 continental please just answer no. Remember that we are here because we love ponds, plants, fish, just like the rest of you and its hard to find good plants at good prices. Even when we find people that sells locally we feel that they are triying to charge to much money.  o(:-)

Keep up the good work O0

Offline Rad Michelle

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • hakuna matata
  • With us since: 08/05/2009
    • View Profile
Re: Please answer this
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:59:46 AM »
id ship ya some lilies there  O0- though i've never shipped before. is there anything special i need to do?

Offline krivera

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 10:55:40 AM »
Thanks for answering. Now would you ship to Mexico where this new member (isaiascrazy) lives or you are talking about Puerto Rico? If it is to Puerto Rico there is no change in shipping charges as far as i know, and i have bought lots of plants recently lol. To mexico im trying to learn from him what he knows about. Im just trying to help him, because he is new and we speak and write so much better in spanish ;D

Offline isaiascrazy

• Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 11:24:12 AM »
gracias krivera ya estoy en contacto con

rad michelle

es bueno el trato con ella y muy atenta

greetings to all and I hope more offers

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 11:24:46 AM »
I'm not sure if your allowed to send plants across the border...I've been told its a no no to send them to Canada...so I'm assuming the same thing would apply to Mexico...and on the shipping label you have to list the contents of the package....so if you do list plants--I bet they would get dumped instead of sent to the party your sending them to....Even here in the states certain plants are illegal to ship across the state borders in certain states....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline isaiascrazy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 11:35:13 AM »
possible and hopefully not to pay in the office and that $ 50 makes me Demaci

hopefully something is acceptable or even better if you can send without going there

if someone knows exactly what can be done to help me or if someone thinks it would be best to come to mexico

gracias

Offline krivera

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »
Thanks for answering,  Lawanna.  ;)

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 02:35:28 PM »
Maybe contact Jonna, (did I spell her name right?)a member here who lives in Mexico.  She hasn't been around here for a while... but if you look her up on the members list she has a link to her blog, and I think a email too.  She's found a bunch of nurseries in Mexico with lilies and other plants.  I have shipped internationally, and the hassel it horrible!  I'm sure you'd have to have a Phito cert and probably you'd have to have a import licence too.  Better to find somebody in Mexico.
Good luck!  Wish I could help...
Tammie

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 04:18:14 PM »
To ship to Mexico requires more than just postage, from what I understand. Craig has shipped to Mexico, so maybe if he sees this he can tell what is needed and if possible, or he may can recommend someone for them to contact in Mexico.
Sorry, wish I could.

Offline isaiascrazy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 04:37:54 PM »
thank you all very kind and therefore if there are any nurseries that buy from United States because I will not touch just hope their prices are very high because I do not want to do business with the water lilies, but for collection because I love and I just want to take

Offline isaiascrazy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 04:42:49 PM »
and could give me one of those people post to ask

Offline krivera

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 06:01:14 PM »

Hi:
We have a new member from Mexico. He wants to know if anyone would ship to mexico. I now the shipping cost for mexico in priority mail small flat rate box would be 10.95, Medium flat rate would be 25.95. Both are the same rates to Canada. I obtain this info from my local USPS office.
Even if anyone of you want or would ship outside the 48 continental please just answer no. Remember that we are here because we love ponds, plants, fish, just like the rest of you and its hard to find good plants at good prices. Even when we find people that sells locally we feel that they are triying to charge to much money.  o(:-)

Keep up the good work O0

Oh my, idont know what i wrote there. lol. I guess i was still asleep . Im sorry, maybe i was trying to say that even if you dont ship just answer with a reply that says no, so we wouldnt feel like outsiders. :'(

Anyway, thanks to all for being so kind and for trying to help this guy.

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 07:40:22 PM »
There are a couple of members in Mexico, maybe when they divide their pond plants they can sell/trade/offer for postage to your friend at that time?
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline Craig

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 12:26:48 PM »
Neither Mexico or Puerto Rico are as simple as mailing a plant...at least not legally.  Puerto Rico regulations are quite clear on the matter:

<<All plants and/or vegetative propagating material introduced into Puerto Rico must be free from sand, soil, earth, and other foreign matter and must be accompanied by an inspection certificate issued by the governmental authorities in charge of enforcing plant quarantine regulations in the state, territory or district in the U.S. from which the material comes. The certificate must bear the name of the state, territory, district or country where the material was cultivated; the name and address of the consignee and importer; and the accepted common name or scientific name of the plant. It must also indicate that the material was duly inspected and is apparently free of plant pests.  The material must meet all applicable federal quarantines.>>

In short, you need a phytosanitary certificate from the state of origin to send plants to Puerto Rico.  The cost of a state phyto varies from state to state.

Mexico is more complicated.  For there you need a federal phytosanitary certificate and over and above that, you must treat the plants for two specific pests; though for the life of me I can't remember at the moment what they are.  They need to be sent to specific cities that act as ports of entry...I use Merida and Mexico City.  The federal phyto costs $50.00, plus a mileage fee for the inspector to come to the nursery.

Puerto Rico has an extensive list of prohibited plants which are not allowed entry...pretty much everything but lilies.<g>  In contrast, Mexico has a list of plants that are approved for import into the country and it is a short list...very short and very few lilies are permitted.

Your best option is to find someone in Mexico that sells lilies.  I can contact my customer, but I am leaving soon on a trip and won't be able to contact him until next week.
Craig     SW FL 9B

Don't sweat the petty things....and don't pet the sweaty things.

Offline isaiascrazy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 12:36:31 PM »
I would love to contact that customer and get some copies

agradesco easier for all your help I hope there is an option to enable a purchase

I could provide your client

ta much appreciate

Offline krivera

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 01:26:48 PM »
Well, i asked that to the guy at the postal office and he told me that the phytosanitary didnt have anything to do with post office. Im assuming this apply if you buy plants in pots, not bulbs or seeds. Anyway all of the plants a have recieved says in the box "live plants". So they must have saw this before giving it to me. :-\

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 05:42:51 PM »
The person shipping the plants has to get the phytosanitary certificate from the Dept. of Agriculture.  When I receive plants from foreign countries I have to have a import permit, also from the Dept of Ag.  Nothing to do with the post office.
Tammie

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 11:44:54 PM »
Hi all, I've missed you.  Tammie, you spelled my name perfectly which is really unusual, I'm honored.

I got a PM from Howell and from Isaiascrazy so I came to answer them and decided to post.  Craig, I sent Isaia Fernando's email address as he had told me I could give it out.  Don't worry about looking for it. 

I don't have any lilies large enough to send him yet but perhaps next season.  There are lilies for sale in nurseries here in the south where I am but I haven't seen any named ones, you choose by color.  I did get 5 from Craig's customer here and 4 are still living although none are growing strongly and only one is blooming. 

Offline krivera

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 02:05:47 PM »
Thank God  you are here. At least you can show him where to buy.

Offline HOWELL

• Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 02:40:09 PM »
Hi jonna.
And hi everybody.

How is everything?, lmao.
I solely swear if I ever get some of craig's lilies I will spread them all over this nation.
Meaning that, please craig let us get some.
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline Craig

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »
I did not mean to upset you, I do not write the regulations, I just copied and pasted the rules from a web site that monitors current regulations.  I also know that plants are sent to Puerto Rico without the required phytosanitary certificate, which is why I specified that they governed "legal" imports.

Consider this...I received a shipment today from the post office.  It was plants from a trade I had been working on since last winter.  Plants I was excited to get, coming from the Lesser Antilles and some other Carribean islands that are largely unknown in private collections.  My parcel was intercepted in San Juan, PR by the USDA and held for inspection and clearance.  The paper work was all in order and after a brief delay, the plants arrived in fine shape.  So postal shipments are monitored.  If I had been trying to smuggle plants in....like some people you would never expect do...some rare and valuable plants would have been confiscated and destroyed.  One is claimed by an acknowledged expert in the flora of the island, to be a new species of Nymphaea they want me to examine.

My point is...I followed the law and now have my plants.  If you bring in plants without a phyto and they are found, you will lose them and you need to ask the shipper if they will refund your money if the plants are confiscated.  It is their obligation to provide the necessary paperwork.
Craig     SW FL 9B

Don't sweat the petty things....and don't pet the sweaty things.

Offline isaiascrazy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 04:06:16 PM »
then I say

to at least send me a copy because I'm waiting for one of them at least a rhizome

Offline Sonny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 06:56:25 PM »
Hi all, I've missed you.  Tammie, you spelled my name perfectly which is really unusual, I'm honored.

I got a PM from Howell and from Isaiascrazy so I came to answer them and decided to post.  Craig, I sent Isaia Fernando's email address as he had told me I could give it out.  Don't worry about looking for it. 

I don't have any lilies large enough to send him yet but perhaps next season.  There are lilies for sale in nurseries here in the south where I am but I haven't seen any named ones, you choose by color.  I did get 5 from Craig's customer here and 4 are still living although none are growing strongly and only one is blooming. 

hi Jonna!  I'm glad to see you posting again.   :)  I missed the Merida pond updates.
Jim

Offline krivera

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 06:02:20 AM »
Graig i would never be upset, thats why we are here, to learn.  o(:-)

At least people respond to this, telling what they new about shipping.
And Isaiascrazy got to learn new things. I would pay the phyto if im going to buy from you lol.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"