Author Topic: Sometimes giving means that sometimes you receive.  (Read 1460 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Sometimes giving means that sometimes you receive.
« on: June 25, 2009, 07:28:02 PM »
I have been cleaning out kiddie pools, dividing plants, and potting new plants. All of the extras have been given away to ponders in my area and surrounding areas. Some of those who received plants, and on occasion, fish, have offered me plants that I mentioned of once having but lost due to one reason or another. I even did a trade with our very own Rad Michelle. The guy that came by with his son yesterday to pick up plants had a 1 HP pool pump that he asked me if I could use it. I told him that I could. You see, a couple of years ago, I went and took down a 16'x4' deep above ground pool that I got through my local FreeCycle group. The liner had a leak or two and the pump was burned up. All I lack now is a liner. @O@
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes giving means that sometimes you receive.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 08:03:35 PM »
I agree.  There are many individuals here that give and truly appreciate when they receive.  I'm glad someone has given you something.  Time to start digging.   O0
Alfonso

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 07:30:52 AM »
Alfonso, my wife will kill me if I turn that pool into a pond. She has always wanted a pool to swim in since she moved here from England. Now she has almost got one. Maybe money will come in from somewhere to get a liner. I would like to get a thick one so it will last longer. Of course, a pool might do me good as well.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline landey1230

• Members
  • Zone 9b
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 04:40:19 PM »
There is this person on craigslist offering to build pond pools.  Mini pools that look more like a pond, but are meant to be pools.  I thought to myself, I can do that.  I've always wanted a pool.  Living in Arizona during the summer drains you of all your essential liquids.  Hydration or moving elsewhere is a must.   

Congrats on your 1000 posts mark.  O0
Alfonso

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 10:14:05 AM »
There is this person on craigslist offering to build pond pools.  Mini pools that look more like a pond, but are meant to be pools.  I thought to myself, I can do that.  I've always wanted a pool.  Living in Arizona during the summer drains you of all your essential liquids.  Hydration or moving elsewhere is a must.   

Congrats on your 1000 posts mark.  O0

Is there a prize for that? :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline landey1230

• Members
  • Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 01:44:30 PM »
 lol lol I heard it's a $1.00 prize.   lol
Alfonso

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 07:24:01 PM »
I'll be able to get a piece of bubble gum! lol lol lol
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline sooks

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 07:32:04 PM »
Who says your wife can't swim in the pond with the fishes? lol I'm kidding.
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. "  ...Helen Keller

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"