Author Topic: Golfers & fund raiser ideas needed  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Golfers & fund raiser ideas needed
« on: June 27, 2009, 09:49:39 AM »
Have any of you golfers been involved in a 4 man scramble fund raiser? Braeden's uncle is putting one together to raise money for the Neuroblastoma Foundation. First, tell me about them. How much would you expect to pay for the day of golfing? Would lunch be included? What kind of food? Are there competition things? What kind? Are there prizes? What else should I know? Can you tell I know nothing about this stuff? They are looking into a place that charges $40 per person and provides a simple lunch. The fund raiser gets to keep half of that. This course is not a fancy one but still------   We thought this sounded fair.

Someone said something about putting together goodie bags and so I started to think about how I could contribute. I was thinking if they had prizes I could make a golfer's towel with the Super Bub logo on it. Do you golfers use them? Of course we don't have much money to get this off the ground but I have a slew of "bar mop towels" I could use. Another thought I had was to make those chocolate covered Oreo cookies. I have made about 250 of them in the last couple months. 150 were sold at a rummage sale/fund raiser and I made 30 some for Owen's dedication party and then 60 for my anniversary party. I have a mold that has the cancer ribbon on the top and thought that might be appropriate. These fit perfectly in a 2 ounce plastic soufflé cup with a cover and I could make a sticker/label that fit across the top that said something about Braeden's fundraiser.

Offline reddad35

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Golfers & fund raiser ideas needed
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 10:30:10 AM »
 Approach local business and ask for hole sponsorship. Set a price of 100 or 200 dollars. Tell them the cause that it will benefit. Bring pictures of Breaden. Each hole will have the sponsors information on a sign located near the green. Have contests, nearest to the pin on a certain par three, longest drive on a certain par 5 there are many options there. Ask local golf stores, restaraunts, mom and pop stores to donate gifts. They will be rewarded with advertisements and you can raffle the items you aquire. (The box of golf balls goes to ticket number 32454) Sell Mulligans. Every scramble team will buy them. I will keep thinking and respond later. All of the extra stuff you do will be a direct profit to the fund raiser rather than splitting with the course. I hope this gets you started Esther.

Jim

Offline Esther

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 12:28:48 PM »
Oh wow, that sounds like a lot of info. Thanks. First though, what is a Mulligan? LOL Told you I haven't been far around the block at age 67. I'm going to copy and send your thoughts to my son's brother in law. I'm sure it will help. Oh and we're having blue slushies because it was Braeden's favorite drink. We're encouraging people to wear their super hero shirts/clothes because he was big time into them.

Offline reddad35

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 03:35:10 PM »
LOL a Mulligan is like a do over for a bad shot. In normal golf there are no do overs. Most scrambles I have been in sell them for 5 or 10 dollars. Normally there are limits set on how many a team can buy. If you had 10 teams of four I am sure you will make an extra 400 bucks on mulligans and no work is involved.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 03:55:28 PM »
Copied and sent on to the powers that be.

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 02:00:19 AM »
I don't golf but I was the main scrounger for our local volunteer fire department and a raffle is hard to beat. I got Walmart to donate a shotgun and another store to donate a sewing machine. We sold the tickets for $1.00 each and made a lot of money. A woman in her 70's won and picked the shotgun, said she allready had a sewing machine and she would prop it up next to her bed. You just gotta love Texas.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"