Author Topic: "Grand Slam" home run winner...its first bloom (lotus)  (Read 1667 times)

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
"Grand Slam" home run winner...its first bloom (lotus)
« on: July 03, 2009, 09:54:18 PM »
 The Grand Slam lotus has finally produced its first bloom!  And there are two more buds along the way  ;D - got Grand Slam from Frank (Matherfish) earlier in the season.

Hope you like the pics!
This is 1st Bloom, Day3

PS: In case you were wondering the seedpod on the right belongs to the Green Maiden that flowered in the pot next door...

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:59:22 PM by greenthumbnails »
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline sooks

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: "Grand Slam" home run winner...its first bloom (lotus)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 10:05:17 PM »
 O0wow that is really pretty. i need to get one!! is it a bowl lotus or a larger one?
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. "  ...Helen Keller

Offline greenthumbnails

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 10:41:47 PM »
O0wow that is really pretty. i need to get one!! is it a bowl lotus or a larger one?

I think all the lotus's I got in Frank's stimulus package #2 were bowl lotuses.  This is growing in a 5 or 7 gallon lotus container that I got online, but you could probably just use a 5 gallon paint pail and spend a lot less on the container  {:-P;;

Offline Lynne22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • I love Green Anoles!
  • With us since: 25/06/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 05:30:39 AM »
The Grand Slam lotus has finally produced its first bloom!  And there are two more buds along the way  ;D - got Grand Slam from Frank (Matherfish) earlier in the season.

Hope you like the pics!
This is 1st Bloom, Day3

PS: In case you were wondering the seedpod on the right belongs to the Green Maiden that flowered in the pot next door...

Beautiful.. Now, where do I find this 'Frank' person?  ;D

Offline greenthumbnails

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 05:43:00 AM »

Hope you like the pics!
This is 1st Bloom, Day3

Lynne22- Frank goes by the AP nickname "Matherfish".  If you go to the plant exchange sub forum and scroll down he has a number of "stimulous" packages available earlier in the year.  Not sure if he can ship this late in the season, you'll have to ask him.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 09:22:14 AM »
Gorgeous lotus!  I'm a big failure with lotus  :'(  So now I will need to depend on you and other lucky lotus growers for beautiful blooms.

Offline Lynne22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • I love Green Anoles!
  • With us since: 25/06/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 10:24:16 AM »

Hope you like the pics!
This is 1st Bloom, Day3

Lynne22- Frank goes by the AP nickname "Matherfish".  If you go to the plant exchange sub forum and scroll down he has a number of "stimulous" packages available earlier in the year.  Not sure if he can ship this late in the season, you'll have to ask him.

Thanks! I think I'll just wait until next year. I'm still trying to figure out what to build another 'water garden' in. I want something sizeable, so money will be a factor as well.

Offline greenthumbnails

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 10:48:05 AM »
Gorgeous lotus!  I'm a big failure with lotus  :'(  So now I will need to depend on you and other lucky lotus growers for beautiful blooms.

Annette- Don't give up!  I killed two Chawan Basu's last year before they even put up arials....and my Red Scarf is still limpling along.  Need to repot it but afraid to do so this late in the season in case I kill that one too. 

I cannot grow the Peony here...too hot, not cold enough for long enough for them here in Florida.  So, I will get to depend on you for your Peony pics  :D

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 05:48:26 PM »
Very Pretty !

bonnie

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 08:41:41 PM »
that is a very pretty lotus!

tink

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"