Author Topic: Pics for Tinkster  (Read 2203 times)

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Pics for Tinkster
« on: July 05, 2009, 05:39:58 PM »
Some pics of the odorata plant I gave you that I think is a mayla seedling. I'm interested to see how it blooms for you. I'll post more pics of it in a few days until I feed it to the deer. You will have the only copy of it. So if it's worth keeping you are the keeper of the flame. Because I don't have room to grow a lot of odoratas.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Pics for Tinkster
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 06:01:18 PM »
Mike, if you are going to throw it away, send it to me! Of course, I can't afford the postage. ::)

:)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Kabuki

• Members
  • With us since: 16/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 06:16:38 PM »
I don't have anywhere to put it but I'd be glad to pay for postage if you'd send it to PondmaninFL! Honest!

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 06:24:11 PM »
no no you cant send it to him....I want to hold it over his head.. he loves to torture me...
 hehehehe.. I am kidding of course!

But I am not the only keeper of the flame... Me and bunnie devided it so she is helping me keep it.  Seems odd your telling me you dont have room for a lily :) 
tink
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 08:44:09 PM by tinkster »

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 08:07:09 PM »
Beautiful....I love it  o(:-)
I sure hate to see u feed this one to the deer , Mike ...its so pretty  o(:-)
My cousin was over the other day when he saw it he begged me for a piece of it....
had to tell him...no way  {nono}

bonnie

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 08:31:10 PM »
I don't have anywhere to put it but I'd be glad to pay for postage if you'd send it to PondmaninFL! Honest!

Thank you, Kabuki. I'll repay you some day. :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 05:16:12 PM »
Hi Tink I'm glad you gave that offshoot to bunny.  I didn't mean to leave her out. 

That may be a good bloomer It's hard for me to tell because it's crowded in with a bunch of other plants and it's hard to tell it's true nature but I think I remember it blooming fairly well for an odorata. It does have a pretty flower.
 I like the lighter inner petals, otherwise it's a lot like mayla. 
   If I'm going to keep an odorata plant I want it to bloom like crazy for an odorata and have controlled growth and few offshoots. 
   I'm glad you and bunny are trialing that plant for me because I've been liking the flower.
  I plan on growing a lot of mayla crosses, looking for exceptional plants for breeding but right now I only have room for a few.  The bigger and faster a plant spreads, the heaver I cull because I don't have room for a bunch of run of the mill odoratas choking out my more controlled plants.  Run of the mill plants that are more controlled can be enjoyed longer before they become a problem and are fed to the deer.
   I have other odorata plants that bloom WAY better than mayla and there seedlings bloom better than mayla seedlings with more controlled growth. And I kind of use them as a standard for odorata blooming ability, since they are the best I have.
   And I consider them to be candidates for registration and sale some day. And that's saying a lot for an odorata.
   Also odorata seedlings are a dime a dozen, easy to make and grow, I like to do the more difficult crosses because anybody can crank out a bunch of mayla seedlings and usually get some beautiful flowers,but not necessarily the best plant for water gardens.  How a plant grows is just as important to me as how much it flowers.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 06:00:41 PM »
Hi Mike! {:-P;; ::)

Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 06:47:45 PM »
Mike... I got her planted and am giving her what I consider the best situation to grow in. She is in the KOIless lily pond with no ripples from the waterfall, lots of nutrients in the water and in a large kitty litter size pot with some very fertile dirt, oscomite on the bottom and jobes tomato stakes She might become a monster.   

IT kind of odd if you could see your lilies in my ponds.  They dwarf my other pads and stick out pretty obvious.  I keep mine trimed back weekly and they dont  get to grow long like yours.  That lets me cram many more lilies in there and they can still get lots of light.  Soon as yours grown new pads those long long ones are coming off. :)

tink

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 06:53:40 PM »
oh and one question...... I have them all planted and remembered the names except for one.  It came out of the upper pond down by the one you named after myra.  It was one of my favorites, not as bright pink as
 the unnamed mayla.  Does that one have a name or was it one of your plants also?

tink
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:13:34 PM by tinkster »

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 08:41:38 PM »
 {:-P;; {:-P;; {:-P;;
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 09:37:50 AM »
WOW tink i love it...gorgeous color.... lorraine  @O@
lorraine

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 11:24:38 AM »
  Hey tink take the long stems that result from overcrowding and deep water at my place and coil them up and tie them together that will keep them from stretching out so far.
  Your leaf pruning is what keeps you from having moths.
  If the lighter pink is the one I think it is, and it pretty much has to be it's a plant that came from Clyde Ikins, the person not the plant. I bought it from a friend of his who used to drive down to Texas every year or two to see his gardens and learn from him and visit.  I have it written down somewhere what it was supposed to be but it definitely wasn't what it's label said. I have over a dozen plants that came from lakeside water gardens and only 2 where correctly named, Clyde Ikins and Bernice Ikins.  They got there namesake plants labeled right.
  My theory is that it's Rose Arey Hybrid but I don't really know because I cant find detailed info like Perry's descriptions on it.  My best hope is to find a RAH that is truly named and compare the two.  I call it RAH for breeding tags but I don't really know.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 05:16:37 PM »
 :search: :thinking: :tease: :missing: :redx:
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 08:38:34 PM »
I know what it is. Y'all are torturing me. Making me sweat. Right? :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 07:12:12 AM »
  Sorry for ignoring you Scot But I told Tink And Bonnie not to give any away until  we decide if its worth naming and keeping.  I don't want to get the lily police mad at me for releasing lilies that are not worthy or to similar to others that might get mixed up with named plants.  If it passes muster you can have one to trial in your FLA weather.
  Also don't worry I'm sure you will eventually have many of my plants in your collection.  You only want the best right?

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 07:59:05 AM »
scott   I know how you feel.. We looked at some lilies that I would love to have in his ponds. And that is underestating it.  :) Be glad you didnt go to the ponds.  It makes you want to come home and do things you wouldnd normally do.

tink

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 05:51:24 PM »
  Sorry for ignoring you Scot But I told Tink And Bonnie not to give any away until  we decide if its worth naming and keeping.  I don't want to get the lily police mad at me for releasing lilies that are not worthy or to similar to others that might get mixed up with named plants.  If it passes muster you can have one to trial in your FLA weather.
  Also don't worry I'm sure you will eventually have many of my plants in your collection.  You only want the best right?

That's right, Mike. Only the best from the best. :)

scott   I know how you feel.. We looked at some lilies that I would love to have in his ponds. And that is underestating it.  :) Be glad you didnt go to the ponds.  It makes you want to come home and do things you wouldnd normally do.

tink

Tink, it's to late. Just looking at the pics of his pond did it to me. :woot: :tease:

Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"