Author Topic: why I haven't been around  (Read 3489 times)

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
why I haven't been around
« on: July 13, 2009, 09:44:08 PM »
Things have been pretty disappointing for me lately, and I've been suffering deep depression for a few weeks now.  Some of you can guess why, but if you do let me just say that is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg.  I had a whole message typed out, but I don't want people feeling sorry for me, and I don't want pity.  Right now I'm too upset, confused, angry and frustrated for "advice" or positive thoughts from anyone, so please refrain.  I just need to fix this myself like I've always done for decades.

So... I would like to ask if you all can do one simple thing for me: if you love someone, tell them.  Don't tell them why, don't give them a reason, don't wait until they do something nice for you, and don't even post who you are gong to tell it to (it will lessen the significance).  Be unselfish about it and just do it.  Make their day or night, and let them know that you appreciate them for who they are to you.  We always make time to tell everyone what's wrong in our lives, but spend very little time letting others know that without them, our lives would be meaningless.

If you can do this one thing, then I will know that someone else will be smiling in my place, and I can somehow try to feel better about things that have me depressed lately.  I can't smile right now, so someone has to do it for me.
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: why I haven't been around
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 10:16:35 PM »
Ok...no advice or positive thoughts. Just want to say 'I care' and I mean it!
Hang in there.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 04:50:02 AM »
I have been wondering about you Blind and have missed you at AP.  I am a person who says what she means, good or bad, and for what it's worth, I've missed you!  :hug:
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 04:52:55 AM »
Missed you too..and I care A LOT!  :hug:
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 06:16:54 AM »
Me too, Blind too. Thanks for the reminder. I care a lot but often refrain from letting those I care about know it in a verbal way.

I also have wondered what was going on in your life and find it sad that you are so depressed you don't seem to be able to accept any help or good wishes. So being one who doesn't always follow the rules or do what I'm told, I'll tell you I care about you and hope you soon are able to notice some positive things in your life.

How is my favorite bird doing? Got any pictures. I saw an Animal Planet ASPCA show last night where one of their people was called out to rescue a smallish parrot that had been hit by a car. They couldn't find the owner and in the end it was fine and adopted by a doctor who had a bunch of birds and knew how to rehab him/her. I saw a white bird in his aviary and thought of you and your housemate.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 06:30:53 AM »
Stay strong.  You are ya know.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 09:52:22 AM »
O.k., no advice or annoying suggestions. ;)

But can I at least give you a cyberhug?? o(:-) :hug:

You know we do really just want to help. ;) :)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline cricket67

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 09:55:14 AM »
Blind too...i totally understand how u feel and where u coming from..Depression is something only yourself can fix...And u'll have times when u have to work a little harder on it..I know this cause i been in that boat for many years..The sadest part is when your our family don't understand, well thats a little part of my story...Just remember u not alone...U don't know me and i don't know u...Still new to this site... :hug:..and i'm here if u need anything.... :hug:

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 10:48:02 AM »
So sorry you're going through a hard time, Blind Too. 

You gave some good advice, to let your loved ones know NOW how you feel.  Thanks for reminding us how important it is to do that.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 11:12:40 AM »
Thank you Michael.  Just know I care and I am here if you want to chat.

PS - We have a Ponders get together on July 25th, Saturday.  Please come and visit!  @O@

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 03:15:22 PM »
Hugs to you. Let God take this from you, he can you know? Just ask for his help.

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 06:41:23 PM »
Gonna do what you asked and I'm gonna pray for you too  :)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 07:08:37 PM »
missed you and your wonderful humorous posts!  And like the other I wont break the rules though its hard to when you care about someone.

tink

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 08:37:37 PM »
 :hug: Michael and Rocky :hug: Not much to say. We are here if and when you need us.
Kay

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 09:00:25 PM »
I've missed you too...like everyone else in AP...
Take care.....hugs  :hug:

bonnie

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 07:51:37 AM »
Thanks for the well wishes and kind comments.  I'm getting past some of these issues and feeling better, just needed to focus and try not to let some people get to me....which wasn't easy to do. 

My ex overdosed on pills a couple times, blaming me, and had to be sent to the ER and eventually a dependency center.  That was kind of tough to deal with....knowing that she did that just to get to me....and it did.  No matter how bad things ever got with us, the last thing on my mind was for her to end her life because of me...I always wanted her to get better, and realized I wasn't helping and that's why I ended the relationship.  Her family is more aware of how bad things are with her, and they are now spending more time trying to help her.  Time will tell....

I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 09:20:24 AM »
Nothing your ex does is because of you!  She is the only person responsible for her actions.  I don't believe she tried to kill herself - she was trying to get back at you, and she did!  She knew exactly what she was doing!  You have got to quit giving her so much power over you!  I know, easier said then done... My two oldest step daughters are addicts - one to persciption drugs, one illegal drugs.  Both have finally cleaned up, but it was a long haul thru hell. 
Please keep posting, please know you have friends here!
Hey!  Maybe you should make plans to go to the South California pond party!  And then we'll all start working on Michelle to go too... o(:-)   {:-P;;
Tammie

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 09:49:22 AM »
No, I'm sure she wanted attention, but she has talked about ending her life numerous times and it should never be taken lightly when someone is that distraught.  I didn't exactly elaborate on what else has been going on, so that wasn't the whole story.  I don't hate her, and do care about her...I'm very good friends with people in her family, so it's not like I never hear about her, and I do still try to help them however I can to get her the help she needs.  It's not so much that she's controlling me, but since I'm not ever going to hate her it does get to be a real PITA sometimes.  I decided to go and talk to her because she was responding to emails I sent last year (she apparently didn't look at the date) and thought I sent them last month, thinking I was still in love with her and wanted to get back together.  After I talked to her, she emailed the next day saying, "It sounds like you never loved me and I'm leaving it at that".  So did I.  All the crap she put me through and she makes that comment?  Fine by me.  I cannot keep trying to breathe life into someone who sucks it out of me faster than I can catch it, and that's why I ended it in the first place.

But wait...there's more!  I have an ex that I've been friends with, she is going through a rough spell with her b/f, so she calls and wants to get together (I guess thinking she can win me back, I dunno), than another friend whom I dated briefly calls and her husband is being abusive to her again.  She won't leave him unless she knows she has someone else's arms to fall into, and she keeps hoping it's mine.  She actually asked me to go on a vacation with her for four days.  So she obviously doesn't know me, I'd never do that with a married/attached woman, even if the hubby is an ass. 

Still not done....so I met another woman in May, and we hit it off very well.  She and I fell for each other and I thought I was in Heaven.  Then she decided she has insecurity issues and doesn't want to burden me and she just disappears, deletes her email account, and I have no way of getting in touch with her (she has my number, hers is blocked).  Then I find out that the name she gave me is fictitious, her place of employment has never heard of her, and this woman I was completely falling for has vanished off the face of the earth, without an explanation and no trace of what happened.

So....everything happening in one month sent my emotions into turbulence and it all just got to me.  So I now have three exes that I just don't think I can talk to anymore...and don't want to at this point. 

An excerpt from something I wrote:

There are lots of women who can break my heart in two,
But since I wear it on my sleeve that's not so hard to do.
They can often slow my pulse but please don't think I'm gone,
They can never stop my heart the beat goes on and on.

Love is funny, when you think you've got it figured out,
Then another storm blows in and leaves you full of doubt.
But when the clouds have disappeared a rainbow's up above,
Another stormy day is gone, and you still believe in love.

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »
Keep believing Michael, someday the right one will come for you  :). Now get to that So. Cal party and have some fun  8).

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 10:26:22 AM »
Yes, you need to party...with your TRUE friends from American Ponders.  O0   8)  :hug:
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 11:00:05 AM »
I second the ladies above...I haven't heard from you and would so like for you to join everyone else who can make it to the  Ponders party on the 25th.  Of course no strings attached, just enjoying the company of people who have similar hobbies.  Need to hear from you!

Offline Brian

• Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 12:31:23 PM »
Michael,
I can certainly attest to what you're going through.  These women all have a condition called Codependency.  Been in relationships that just smother me because it is all about her and her feelings.  I have an ex g/f that I absolutely clicked with...same faith, same political views, same sense of humor etc.  But she just let her mother control her.  I've tried to give her the benefit of the doubt and at least be friends with her.  At one point I actually told her I would not rule out the option of eventual marriage, but we'd see how things went.  Well, things went south again, and I just figured I had to sever all ties with her.  That was almost two years ago.  I get the occasional e-mail from her for prayer requests for other friends/church members, and I'll pray for those people, but I don't respond to her messages.
I finally figured out that my ideal mate is a woman who wants me, not needs me.  What I mean is a woman who is secure in herself, doesn't need my money (not that I have any) doens't need my emotional support or anything else from me.  She just enjoys being with me and enjoys the same things I enjoy and who is my best friend.  Sounds simple, but it took me years to reach that conclusion.
Greenwood, Indiana Zone 5-6
"umop ap!sdn w,I aw dlaH"

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 12:51:55 PM »
Thanks, Brian.  Yeah don't I know it.  It got so bad with the ex that I couldn't tell where my heart ended and her misery began.  You just can't reason with someone who doesn't understand the concept of a relationship.  But enough about that....I'm working on my next heart brea....er, I mean, someone else that I like.   O0

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 01:01:29 PM »
I second the ladies above...I haven't heard from you and would so like for you to join everyone else who can make it to the  Ponders party on the 25th.  Of course no strings attached, just enjoying the company of people who have similar hobbies.  Need to hear from you!

I know, and I'm sorry....it's just that you met her and I kinda dumped all this crap on you before and felt bad about it later.   I'll still have to give the pond party some thought....I'm feeling better but still a bit bummed about things in general.   thanks Annette....

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 02:33:29 PM »
Friends don't need to apologize for dumping...so please don't.  :hug:
We're here to dump on, BECAUSE we are your friends.  8)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 02:47:33 PM »
Oh, well, in that case...

When I was four, my brother's friend started this fire and I was supposed to be out front, but I went to watch the fire....and.....

you don't want to know the rest!! lol  I think that day was when all my problems started!  hahaha...

thanks, really, but I do feel bad about it.  Of course I tell my friends the same thing you just told me....I never seem to practice what I preach when it comes to things like this.  I'm stubborn....I never ask for help and feel guilty asking, yet I feel important when people ask for my help.

Did I tell you I was screwed up?

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2009, 12:07:17 PM »
You didn't have to tell us you were all screwed up..........we figured it out all on our own.............cause we all have that same thing in common to some extent at some time or another in our lives  :woot: Or should I just be speaking for myself  :o ?

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009, 04:14:09 AM »
It is indeed a very turbulent world with a lot of deeply disturbed people out there. They can, as you said "suck the life out of you" if you let them. Love is complicated and if you have a good heart, as you obviously do, needy women sence this and prey upon it as it is hard to just walk away when they are in distress but sometime you just have to for your own sanity.

Time will heal this and I am speaking as the king of denial, I went through years of deep depression after my daughter died. Take your time and just stay away from this particular woman, you can't change or heal her. Don't blame yourself and feel free to vent here, these are great people.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 06:35:56 AM »
Bullfrog, you got that right...a LOT of deeply disturbed people out there, making lame excuses.  ::)
There is no excuse for being deliberately cruel.  {nono}
And only truly 'deeply disturbed' people think they can make lame excuses to explain it away. ::)

Stay away from the deeply disturbed, go on with life, leave the losers behind. 8)

You're a winner Michael, stronger and smarter as you get through each life experience.  :hug:

The right woman will come along, just stop searching so hard. She'll find you.  o(:-)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"