Author Topic: How does your waterfall look late in the season.. BlindToo your taro...  (Read 2708 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
 I know the waterfalls and streams are in there somewhere.  This is the first time my waterfall has filled in with the plants like this.  I am gonna have to cut them back.

Woudl be anxious to see pictures of other waterfalls/streams planted or to know if any of yall have to cut yours back also.

tink

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I have no stream or waterfall

Yours looks  o(:-) 8-)~ o(:-)

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I'll have to take a picture tomorrow of mine.  I put the taros in the rocks and nothing else, then have a catch pond that has some plants and I just cut that back this month...it really needed it.

Remember how small your taros were when I sent them to you?  I had six of them left that were that small and now they're about 4 feet tall...so about 2.5 feet in a month and a half!  I'll try to remember and post them tomorrow.

I had watercress in the waterfall years ago, but the roots from it changed everything and I had water running out onto the ground, so I plant nothing but taros in the falls now.

Just a reminder of what these taros do in a waterfall...the pictures below are dated:  Four months of growth between first placing it in the water and the second picture
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
both of your waterfalls are gorgeous...I have soo much algae that builds up on mine-I have to scrub them down every week...there for I don't even try to grow plants on it anymore....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
Wow! Tink that is gorgeous. 

Offline frogman3

• Members
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Beautiful Tink, just the right blend of colors and shapes to make a picture perfect shot. o(:-)

Offline mcp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Tink,
Your waterfall is absolutely beautiful. Love the impatients and taro. Gives me an idea for next year. {:-P;; What did you do different with ipatients this year to make them grow so well?
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline finnpond

• Members
    • View Profile
Tinkster...  Your pond has really turned into a beautiful place!!!!!

Here is my waterfall...  Can hardly see the water because of the hosta and impatiens...

and my crick...  They don't just pronounce it that way in Indiana Bullfrog!!!  If you were born and raised
in the Okanogan in Eastern Washington it's crick not creeeeek....

Take care everyone...  Dave

Offline Pa Nancy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
Beautiful waterfalls all of them. Wished my plants would grow like that. They just die.  :'(

If you were born and raised
in the Okanogan in Eastern Washington it's crick not creeeeek....

That's the way we say it here in western Pa. too. I thought we were the only ones that said that.  O0

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
Tink, is the Red-stem taro? Michelle sent me a small taro and the leaves aren't turning purple like my Black Magic but they have red stems. I'm wondering if that is what it is. I have Black Magic taro in my plant filter.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline mascot

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
No, it's violet stem taro, I sent a couple to Tink and also to Michelle.  The one's in Tinks pond are from runners that came off of the one in my pictures above.  I bought that one plant for 9 bucks 4 years ago and have thrown away about 30 and have given away about 20...all from that one plant.  It goes dormant in the winter out here, but it shoots out new stems and runners first sign of warmer weather.
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Karla

• Members
  • With us since: 16/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Finnpond, what is that bigger purple shrub-like plant in the last picture??  That is really pretty!  Your pond is amazing and beautiful, but that really caught my eye!

Karla

Offline finnpond

• Members
    • View Profile
Karla...  That is a purple barberry...  There is actually a smaller one in the first picture in the left background...  Very forgiving plant, doesn't need much care/water/good soil etc...   There are yellow ones also...  Can't remember the name of the purple one...  It does lose its leaves in the winter, but has kind of a neat structure anyway...  It is early to leaf out in the spring...

Thanks for the compliments...  Dave

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Finn your pond is probably the one I tried to copy the most from when doing mine hehehe.  There were a few that really gave me the ideas how I wanted mine to look and I am getting there.

tink

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
Oh my gosh Tink, that's drop-dead gorgeous.  That pic needs to be entered in a contest somewhere.  Also, frame it and enjoy it this winter when everything outside is toast.

Karen

Offline maryvonne

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
Your streams and waterfall are just gorgeous. Mine are mostly just green with string algae. I need to get in there and do some cleaning.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    • View Profile
Lots of my plant toasted around my pond.  Bird of paradise, taro, and some other tropical plant are all doomed.  I need to take pics.  Looking great, as always, Tink.  O0
Alfonso

Offline mcp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Here are a couple pictures of mine. Don't mind all the string algae to lazy to clean.
Tink I have always admired Finns pond also. Great thread hope to see more WF. :)
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
WOW! mcp You sure don't have any problem growing plants there in Mckean county.  O0 All my plants do is die.

My waterfall doesn't have any plants for that reason, and right now is covered in string algae. Now THAT I can grow.  :P

Offline LynneNY

• Members
  • With us since: 30/06/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Beautiful waterfalls everyone!   o(:-)

This is our second summer with the pond, so the plants are still filling in the waterfall hills. 

This was taken on 7-11-09

7-25-09

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
That looks great, Lynn....all of them do....except mine....mine is lame and only there to feed the water, I wish I did it different but oh well...it's a lot to redo so I'll just leave it as is.

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
What Waterfall

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
Beautiful waterfalls!  I wish I had more yard and less neighbors.  {:-P;;  Some have said that hearing the little water I have going into the ponds make them want to pee.   :P  Not my prob....

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"