Author Topic: Mountain Mole/Vole Control bean seeds......  (Read 1078 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Mountain Mole/Vole Control bean seeds......
« on: July 23, 2009, 08:34:01 PM »
I just returned from the mountains and as usual they live a life that amazes me.  They are tucked away from reality but yet not really, they dont seem to be interested in what the main stream people in life are, no going to the movies, no vaca's for most part, a trip to town once a week or so and they love to sit on their porches and just be at peace it seems.  Anyway... this time they sent me home with a ton of seeds from some sort of bean that is suppose to be very poisionous but it kills moles and voles.  I cant for the life of me remember what they said, it is always way to much info at one time for me to remember with my short mind.  Do any of yall plants this monster plants I seen growing there for moles?

tink

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Re: Mountain Mole/Vole Control bean seeds......
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 04:58:25 AM »
Castor Bean.  8)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Freddie Peepers

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 06:30:58 AM »
Castor bean,
careful with that one around your pets too
they could be poisoned too
You can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 10:32:19 AM »
do they really work.  The plants I seen there were huge and the areas of my garden where I have the most damage is kind of smaller plants so they would kind of look out of place but would do it if it really worked.  I am so sick of noticing to late a plant uprooted and dead or to touch a flower and the whole plant breaks off from the root where something has eatten it.

tink

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 08:41:09 AM »
Caster beans are huge plants. Very tall and tropical looking. They will kill anything that eats them. Kids, dogs, birds, etc. The beans are very cool looking seeds though. Pretty. Scary poisonous though.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline finnpond

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 09:10:17 AM »
Are these beans sold anywhere or are they illegal to own???  I'm ready to try anything to get rid of the voles in my yard and garden...  I've got traps but they seem to be wise to them...   >:( >:(

Dave

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »
your in luck... They sent me home with enuff to posion the entire state of ky hehehe.  pop me your addy and I will get some in the mail to you.

tink

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 05:03:43 PM »
And if Tink hasn't got enough, someone gave me enough to poison all the moles in Florida. :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"